Author Topic: My Completed KMAC 2  (Read 2355 times)

Offline mfwebb

My Completed KMAC 2
« on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 20:33:26 »
Hello,

Just a quick background since I am not an active member of this community -

I have used mechanical keyboards for around five years now, but wouldn't call myself an "enthusiast" necessarily.  I am an avid Starcraft BW and now SC2 player.  My last keyboard purchase was a ducky shine 2 TKL with browns, which I very much enjoyed for gaming.  A couple of months ago, I thought it would be fun to have a keyboard with a metal casing - and I found this world of custom keyboards.  I settled on the KMAC 2, and ordered it assembled from kbdmod.com with cherry milk switches. 

Here are the photos of the completed keyboard.  Just thought I would share, because I had a lot of fun putting it together.  It has the MKC zinc keycaps, and a Chinese 2013 year of the snake escape key.  The remainder of the keys was custom UV printed by Weyman at WASD keyboards.  I'm a fan of the "angels and demons" genre, so used that as a starting point for my design.  On the left I used Tyrial from the Diablo series, and an angel that resembles my fiancé on the left.  The spacebar is Latin for Justice and Compassion, or Love… and our initials underneath.  The function keys are a winning Mahjong hand - a Chinese game I frequently play with my friends and fiancé. 

I want to thank the guys at kbdmod.com for making a great keyboard and Weyman at WASDkeyboards.com for working with me to make a nice set of keycaps.