Author Topic: Hello there, it's ArpYorashol!  (Read 2120 times)

Offline ArpYorashol

Hello there, it's ArpYorashol!
« on: Fri, 03 May 2024, 21:29:28 »
Hi! This is ArpYorashol, from Singapore!

This started off with me realising my Razer keyboard was getting grossly disgusting. So sometime in March, I came across a stall selling Keebs and I decided to head in to press a few keys and thought to myself "hmmm...that feels good and sounds great? Price tag not so good" (it was a $184 for a fully built GMK87). Went home that evening and chanced upon a budget KB video and decided to order it on a whim (really needed to change that razer out...).

The journey has been great and I have 3 KBs now (I ordered one of it by mistake because I thought I was only ordering keycaps. It was Taobao.). Might get one more Alu case 60/65 in the near future. I have so much more to learn about this dynamic hobby so if you have any recommended readings to reply to this thread!

In the meantime, have a great one!
#TeamThock

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
Re: Hello there, it's ArpYorashol!
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 04 May 2024, 19:38:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack :)

This hobby certainly is dynamic (I've just stopped keeping up with a lot of things just because it's a lot)

an alu 60/65 is a bit vauge but if you are more specific with what you want I'm sure that I or someone else could help you out.
keyboard collection - fjell
More
cherry blacks - unlubed - filmed and springswapped with tx 55g mediums - alu Plate | pretty happy with this, the blacks were cherry picked so they weren't that scratchy to begin with, but currently breaking them in, may lube them with a dry lube like ro59 or ptfe powder.
| hhkb bt
More
lubed with tribosys 3203 | like topre a lot, prefer it lubed but did make less tactile but that might have been a skill issue. probably will get more tactile over time as the domes age.
| m0115
More
bad orange alps lol | definitely needs a restoration. planning on wax boiling them and maybe a replacement pcb because the board has only 2 key rollover apparently.
| praxis
More
gateron yellows - lubed with 205g0 - 62g tx mediums - pc plate | probably my favourite keyboard already, feels super nice and sounds pretty good, it's got a great layout as well. probably gonna build this with mx browns, I feel like it would suit the board more.
| camo filco
More
stock with silent reds | Pretty cool looking board, the silent reds are actually good, they are smooth and I don't mind the mushiness (it's not even that mushy as well). the layout is pretty weird, but is useable. will probably mod this in the future. maybe a pcb and plate swap, change the keycaps to something dolch like, and also spring swap the springs in the silent reds.
| ibm model f at
More
stock, needs a cleaning and probably replacement foam. Do plan to change layout so it has split bs and rs, as well as ansi enter.

collection in pixel art
More

Offline ArpYorashol

« Reply #2 on: Sat, 04 May 2024, 21:53:00 »
The keebs that have popped up on my searches are Molly60, Lucky65 and Y65. Apart from Molly, the other two seems reasonably prices and have had good reviews.

Offline Rhienfo

• Why is everything I want here so expensive :(
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 09 May 2024, 00:36:41 »
The keebs that have popped up on my searches are Molly60, Lucky65 and Y65. Apart from Molly, the other two seems reasonably prices and have had good reviews.

that lucky65 seems to be a really good deal from what I saw of it. Just not too sure about the quality control on it.
keyboard collection - fjell
More
cherry blacks - unlubed - filmed and springswapped with tx 55g mediums - alu Plate | pretty happy with this, the blacks were cherry picked so they weren't that scratchy to begin with, but currently breaking them in, may lube them with a dry lube like ro59 or ptfe powder.
| hhkb bt
More
lubed with tribosys 3203 | like topre a lot, prefer it lubed but did make less tactile but that might have been a skill issue. probably will get more tactile over time as the domes age.
| m0115
More
bad orange alps lol | definitely needs a restoration. planning on wax boiling them and maybe a replacement pcb because the board has only 2 key rollover apparently.
| praxis
More
gateron yellows - lubed with 205g0 - 62g tx mediums - pc plate | probably my favourite keyboard already, feels super nice and sounds pretty good, it's got a great layout as well. probably gonna build this with mx browns, I feel like it would suit the board more.
| camo filco
More
stock with silent reds | Pretty cool looking board, the silent reds are actually good, they are smooth and I don't mind the mushiness (it's not even that mushy as well). the layout is pretty weird, but is useable. will probably mod this in the future. maybe a pcb and plate swap, change the keycaps to something dolch like, and also spring swap the springs in the silent reds.
| ibm model f at
More
stock, needs a cleaning and probably replacement foam. Do plan to change layout so it has split bs and rs, as well as ansi enter.

collection in pixel art
More