Author Topic: Low Profile Keycaps for Cherry MR red silent?  (Read 4761 times)

Offline frist

Low Profile Keycaps for Cherry MR red silent?
« on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 08:13:19 »
Hi,
I got my self a Corsair Strafe with the silent Cherry MX red switches. Its much quieter than my old keyboard, and certainly less annoying to coworkers than the old one, but I still miss the hard click of the MX blue switches and I realy miss the low profile keycaps I was used to from my old Cherry MX 3.0 keybard. The low profile keycaps would fit the switches on the new keyboard, but instead of using the old, used, keycaps I'd rather prefere to by a new set .

So, do you know of a pace where I could get a set of low profile keycaps with German layout (large enter key, etc.) for Cherry switches? The Corsair Strafe has leds to illuminate the keys, but I wont use this feature, so I don't need translucent lettering on the keys.

See you
Flo

Offline Kevadu

Re: Low Profile Keycaps for Cherry MR red silent?
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 21 June 2018, 11:11:40 »
GMK makes Cherry profile keycaps, which are probably what you're looking for.  You can check places like Originative that sell them or look for group buys because there are a lot of limited run sets.  Be warned that their sets are quite expensive though, but they're high quality and are still made in Germany.

There are also some much cheaper made-in-China Cherry profile sets out there if you don't want to pay GMK prices.

Offline Desireez

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 01 July 2018, 23:43:17 »
This forum has helped me spread the word to the outside world.

Offline Hyde

• White Tofu Extraordinaire
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 02 July 2018, 21:22:15 »
In my experience the Cherry MX 2.0 and 3.0 keycaps are pretty unique on its own.  GMK keycaps will feel different, I mean even the Cherry MX 6.0 keycaps are different too.

I also quite enjoy my Cherry MX 2.0 keycaps though the compatibility will be an issue.  Cherry MX 3.0 has different spacing than Corsair Strafe.

Double check the spacing before ordering any new keycaps.

Archiss ProgresTouch Retro - Gateron Yellow  |  Topre Realforce 104UW - 45g Silent  |  Topre Type Heaven  |  Beige Filco Ninja 104 - MX Red  |  Das Keyboard - MX Brown  |  Poker II - MX Red  |  Race II - MX Brown  |  Matias Quiet Pro - Matias Dampened ALPS  |  Logitech K840 - Romer G  |  Cherry MX Board 2.0 - MX Red  |  Cherry G84-4100 - ML  |  IBM Model M
Roccat Kone Pure  |  Logitech G203  |  Logitech G303  |  Logitech G302  |  Razer Naga  |  CM Storm Xornet  |  Razer Goliathus Mobile Stealth  |  Razer Goliathus Control  |  Artisan Hien  |  Artisan Hayate  |  Artisan Shiden