Author Topic: Keycon For Sale/Wanted/Trade thread?  (Read 85572 times)

Offline dante

Keycon For Sale/Wanted/Trade thread?
« on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 08:59:32 »
What do you think of a thread (even this one) for attendees to list items for sale/wanted/trade?

This way people can have cash on hand instead of trying to scout an ATM.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Keycon For Sale/Wanted/Trade thread?
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:00:40 »
Could always just Paypal on your phone if you've got a smartphone? Could be fun to have a preview of goodies coming though.

Offline dante

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 09:06:54 »
Could always just Paypal on your phone if you've got a smartphone? Could be fun to have a preview of goodies coming though.

I will probably be the only one with a non-smart flip phone.  :eek: :p

Offline jevvix

« Reply #3 on: Thu, 19 March 2015, 00:49:37 »
I think a separate thread would be great! I have a bunch of vintage keyboards I'd love to either sell or swap for some others.

Offline jevvix

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:10:23 »
I have a bunch of things I am considering bringing to sell/trade. Off of the top of my head I have:
  • Leading Edge DC-2014 Blue ALPS (yellowed)
  • IBM Model M 1391404
  • IBM SSK
  • IBM PC/AT Model F
  • IBM PC/XT Model F
  • IBM 6110345 (or similar part#) Model F 122
  • Various white ALPS boards
  • 'Identity' brand IBM Model M/Buckling Spring Clones  http://deskthority.net/wiki/Can_Technology_buckling_spring
  • NEC APC H412 (101 key ansi NEC blue switch)
  • Black (clicky) space invader NMB keyboard
  • Dell AT101w Beige (black ALPS)
  • Soarer Converters (see below)
Things I am looking for:
  • Other vintage boards
  • A Topre board with PBT caps or a Novatouch
  • Individual ALPS switches
  • Cash

Although, note that I probably won't bring any of these unless someone specifically wants something so please let me know ahead of time and we can work out a deal.

I have limited parts to make a few of my Soarer converters if anyone is interested:

I will note that I am still 'maybe' in attendance for Keycon as I have a wedding to attend in the afternoon/evening. If I do decide to go it will most likely just be briefly in the morning. If I am unable to meet up with you during Keycon, I will gladly meet you somewhere or even ship.
« Last Edit: Mon, 11 May 2015, 23:32:00 by jevvix »

Offline dante

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 24 April 2015, 22:38:11 »
nm
« Last Edit: Sat, 25 April 2015, 19:05:24 by dante »

Offline mattyIce

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 18:48:47 »
Hey guys I have a question. If I wanted to trade a rare, hard to find beer for keyboard items would that be allowed on here?

I don't want to break any forum rules. Craft beer is an obsession of mine I would like to see if it could be used in trades. This is local face-to-face of course.

Thanks in advance.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:18:00 »
Hey guys I have a question. If I wanted to trade a rare, hard to find beer for keyboard items would that be allowed on here?

I don't want to break any forum rules. Craft beer is an obsession of mine I would like to see if it could be used in trades. This is local face-to-face of course.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure Natty Ice counts as a rare, hard to find beer.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:18:47 »

Thanks in advance.

Is it Natty Ice?  If that's the case, than I will give you my whole collection for a 24 pack.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:19:38 »

Thanks in advance.

It is after your 29th out of the 30 rack.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 19:33:15 »

Thanks in advance.

It is after your 29th out of the 30 rack.
Then just get some more from the tap from the faucet

Offline drewba

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 10:40:21 »

Thanks in advance.

I asked that same question to Hoffman a few months ago - he was going to bring it up to the mod team but never got back to me. Check out the beer thread in the offtopic subforum to find others in to beer who also may have WTS/WTT posts in the classifieds subforum. What's the rare beer?

Offline mattyIce

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 11:44:42 »

Thanks in advance.

Haha at first I thought why the hell is he talking about Natty Ice.... When it hit me I died laughing. I may change my name because of this.

Offline mattyIce

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 11:46:23 »

Thanks in advance.

I asked that same question to Hoffman a few months ago - he was going to bring it up to the mod team but never got back to me. Check out the beer thread in the offtopic subforum to find others in to beer who also may have WTS/WTT posts in the classifieds subforum. What's the rare beer?

Thanks, will do!

Three Floyds - Dark Lord 2015 from last weekend...

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 12:02:15 »
Why don't you PM someone on the moderator or admin team and ask? I think it's absurd to trade a beer for a keyboard but if the right person comes along, I don't see why you couldn't. People trade single keycaps for keyboards and that's absurd in itself.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
Keycon For Sale/Wanted/Trade thread?
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 13:16:14 »

Thanks in advance.

I thought I got back to you.  :-X  That's my fault, I apologize.

There are a few liability reasons that we cannot allow beer trades on the forum. :( I'm more than happy to discuss these; if you're interested please shoot me a PM. I simply don't have sufficient time to articulate it right here right now.

That said, what you do in PMs is up to you.  ;)

Edit: wait why is this question in the keycon thread? Are you trying to trade at keycon?

Offline mattyIce

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 13:54:56 »

Thanks in advance.

There are a few liability reasons that we cannot allow beer trades on the forum. :( I'm more than happy to discuss these; if you're interested please shoot me a PM. I simply don't have sufficient time to articulate it right here right now.

Edit: wait why is this question in the keycon thread? Are you trying to trade at keycon?

Glad I asked. I know things can get interesting when Alcohol is involved.

Yes, I would like to trade at Keycon and I was wondering about interest before traveling as I want to keep good bottle condition.

Offline drewba

« Reply #17 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 13:56:50 »

Oh no worries my man, I came to the conclusion that there simply wouldn't be enough interest in the classifieds.

On a different note, I had planned on doing a giveaway of keyboard stuff I won't use but thought I'd give anyone going to Keycon dibs. This stuff would be free but if you want to give me something like a key puller or misc keys I'm not going to say no.

-BSR/Sejin w/ Clicky Futabas - case & keys are in amazing condition but the switches are heavily used. I'll update with the model of the board later
-Solidtek KB-6600 - White Alps, basically brand new
-Stock Poker 2 Case - Black
-Stock Poker 2 Case - White
-Keys: Iron Man & HKP Warmaster

I'm 99% going to Keycon, I'll update in the other thread when I'm 100% confirmed.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:00:25 by drewba »

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #18 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 14:03:41 »

Thanks in advance.

Glad I asked. I know things can get interesting when Alcohol is involved.

Yes, I would like to trade at Keycon and I was wondering about interest before traveling as I want to keep good bottle condition.

Ah, very cool.  :)  I'm interested to see a beer/keyboard trade go down.  :cool:  Also, in-person trades really alleviate the two main issues, which are mailing alcohol (explicitly disallowed through USPS, and a grey area for UPS/FedEx) and age of recipient (can be verified at time of trade).  I'd still say no to creating a Classifieds thread for it, but if you happen to receive a PM regarding it after someone reads this thread, more power to ya!  :thumb:

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #19 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 17:50:37 »
I'd be really interested in that clicky futaba board drewba

Offline drewba

« Reply #20 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:02:03 »
I'd be really interested in that clicky futaba board drewba
It's yours. If for some reason I can't make Keycon I'll mail it to you.

It's branded BSR. Based on the FCCID, deskthority shows "Sejin type number M1US02A-TR, FCC ID GJJ4AKEAT-1010DS, branded as follows: Laser (model EAT-1010)"

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #21 on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 21:05:21 »
Yay! I'll have some stuff to give away drewba and you can have first dibs :).

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #22 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 08:16:53 »
On a serious note (which is rare for me), I've got a fully refurbished Model F 122 that I have been looking to sell that I can bring along, if anybody wants it.  I won't accept rock bottom prices, but consider decent offers.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #23 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 03:50:52 »
I've got some HKP for sale for 22 each at keycon :p

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 21:57:50 »
All my artisans are up for trade at Keycon.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #25 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 21:59:27 »
Round 3 2011 SP set
Cherry Dye Sub PBT TA Typewriter set
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #26 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 22:02:39 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
« Reply #27 on: Thu, 07 May 2015, 22:18:20 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?

Trade/Sell..might be gone by then..

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #28 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 07:56:45 »
^-^ see yall there

Didn't realize you were going to Keycon.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #29 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 07:59:47 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?

Thought you were going to eBay it since you need to maximize cash? How much do you "actually" want for it at keycon?

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #30 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 21:12:15 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?

Thought you were going to eBay it since you need to maximize cash? How much do you "actually" want for it at keycon?
Jesus keep it to PMs, we don't need flame wars

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #31 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 21:54:24 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?

Not a flame war, I legit want to buy it at keycon  :thumb:

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #32 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:28:27 »
^-^ see yall there

Didn't realize you were going to Keycon.

yeah buddy we can meet up finally

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #33 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:28:52 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?

are you serious? you are not getting it after you made that slander thread

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #34 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:34:22 »

End it here or continue through PM.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #35 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:43:49 »
MX Julysicle

^-^ see yall there

Dibs?

We can take it through PM if youd like but I really am serious. I'd like to buy it at keycon sir.  :thumb:

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
« Reply #36 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:45:03 »
im not going to Chicago Keycon LOL im going to NYC i thought this thread was NYC   :-X

edit: i have dun goofed this is for chicago

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #37 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 22:52:40 »
First person who can recognize me at keycon gets a free HKP =)  :p :thumb:

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #38 on: Fri, 08 May 2015, 23:05:52 »
im not going to Chicago Keycon LOL im going to NYC i thought this thread was NYC   :-X

edit: i have dun goofed this is for chicago

Rekt

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #39 on: Sat, 09 May 2015, 10:29:00 »
All further FS posts must be accompanied by a corresponding topic in the classifieds section. This is to prevent people from evading the CTOS requirements. You must have a photo of the item with proof of ownership, and a price.

You have to have been a member for 2 months and have 25 posts to sell items on this site. Any FS post not meeting these requirements will be removed.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #41 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 08:33:36 »
I have a bunch of things I am considering bringing to sell/trade. Off of the top of my head I have:
  • IBM Model M 1391404
  • IBM SSK
  • IBM PC/AT Model F
  • IBM PC/XT Model F
  • 'Identity' brand IBM Model M/Buckling Spring Clones  http://deskthority.net/wiki/Can_Technology_buckling_spring
Things I am looking for:
  • Other vintage boards
  • Cash

Although, note that I probably won't bring any of these unless someone specifically wants something so please let me know ahead of time and we can work out a deal.

I have limited parts to make a few of my Soarer converters if anyone is interested:
Show Image

Show Image

Ya know, I think that I'll take one of those Soarer converters if you have a female end that works with the XT plug.

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • * Maker
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #42 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 10:32:11 »
I'll have some things... really whatever I can manage to bring.  I think a acrylic pure case, matias quiet touch (fullsize), and G80-1800 stainless steel plate are definitely coming with me.
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #43 on: Mon, 11 May 2015, 14:33:29 »
  • IBM Model M 1391404
  • IBM SSK
  • IBM PC/AT Model F
  • IBM PC/XT Model F
Things I am looking for:
  • Other vintage boards
  • Cash

Show Image

Show Image

I'm really interested in the DC-2014

Offline Rhinofeed

• Formerly nathaniel_h
    • Rhinofeed
« Reply #44 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 23:43:57 »
I will be selling a White Backlit Poker II with Cherry MX Clears. Looking for a HHKB Professional 2 with printed keycaps.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #45 on: Tue, 12 May 2015, 23:52:20 »
How many people will be bringing their artisans and custom built KB over there?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #46 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 08:07:43 »

I will, but they're not for sale!  :P

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #47 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 08:10:10 »

I will, but they're not for sale!  :P

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #48 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 09:27:41 »

I will, but they're not for sale! 
How a bout your body Hoff? I've always needed a gentle giant to do chores with a nice beard I could harvest for offerings from time to time :)

Offline geniekid

« Reply #49 on: Wed, 13 May 2015, 09:48:58 »
I'm going to bring my Metal Dragon...but I need some presentable caps on it.  No problem - I will start and complete a GMK CCnG GB in the next 24 hours.