Author Topic: model M custom keycaps?  (Read 3685 times)

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
model M custom keycaps?
« on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:37:03 »
ok im getting my second model m and i want to add a few custom caps if possible but still keep it retro. was wondering if there is anything i can get or am i going to have to do these myself?

i want to keep it retro but i love the look of dolche keycaps was hoping there was something like that i could get for my model m.

heres an idea of what i was after look wise. thanks DanGWanG

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
Re: model M custom keycaps?
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:40:29 »
have you looked at unicomp's selection?

they won't do arbitrary dyesubbing (yet!), but they offer a number of different colors for 1x keys, and they have RGB sets

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:45:59 »
have you looked at unicomp's selection?

they won't do arbitrary dyesubbing (yet!), but they offer a number of different colors for 1x keys, and they have RGB sets

yeah sorry i forgot to add that to the first post, i know of unicomp and Fentek's selection. i was more looking for something that looks close to the dolches.

i've already ordered the RGB set from unicomp and a few single color buttons from fentek but was after other options if any. if its not possible yet i might consider trying to custom do some with a blank set from unicomp but have no idea where to even start (dont want to dye them they look terrible) what color code would dolche even be? wonder if i could get them powdercoated lol. (my brother does powdercoating and has done cases for me before lol)
« Last Edit: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:47:54 by rayuki »

Offline dorkvader

• all about the "hack" in "geekhack"
« Reply #3 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:41:55 »
You can take cherry keycaps, and cut the stems off, and glue an IBM stem on, but that's it.

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 12 September 2012, 00:19:09 »
You can take cherry keycaps, and cut the stems off, and glue an IBM stem on, but that's it.

interesting might have to check this out.

Offline proest

« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 16:24:53 »
What type of board/keycaps are those in the picture? That's not a model M, is it? Those colors look great, though!

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #6 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 16:28:03 »
What type of board/keycaps are those in the picture? That's not a model M, is it? Those colors look great, though!

yeah not a model m but was using it to reference for the color, they are dolche keycaps on a kmac board.