Author Topic: Custom Spacebars for Groomsmen  (Read 2421 times)

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
Custom Spacebars for Groomsmen
« on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 14:31:12 »
I'm getting each of my groomsmen a mechanical keyboard as their gift, and wanted to have a custom spacebar for each of them with their username on it. I was wondering what the best method to accomplish this might be. Thus far I have found that the fine folks at wasd provide something along these lines:

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-keycap.html

but was wondering if others knew of other available options, or had other suggestions as to how to accomplish same.

Thanks!

100th post. Neat!

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
  • All your base are belong to us!
Re: Custom Spacebars for Groomsmen
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 14:55:10 »
pm imsto. if your timeline is out long enough he could maybe do some dyesubbed pbt spacebars.

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:02:21 »
lol i just suggested this idea to my fiance and i got.

"please....don't...."

:(
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:11:55 »
lolz

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:27:42 »

"please....don't...."

Bummer. All of my groomsmen were fellow geeks who got this wistful look when I talked about a Model M and gave a blank look when I talked about modern mechanical keyboards, so I just saw a neat opportunity to do something cool for them.

Ideally, I'd love to get them all ErgoDoxes. I am not that rich, though. They get QFRs. :D

But we've all also been gaming together since BroodWars and Duke Nukem 3D, so being able to put their nick on the spacebar seemed like a good flourish if I could pull it off. Target date is probably Christmas.
« Last Edit: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:31:19 by xmagusx »

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:32:37 »
WASD would be a great way to go for what you are looking for.  You might even be able to get close to the CM font (if you wanted to).  In addition, I would do an enter key with your initials and the wedding date. 

ex:  A&J  9/11/13
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline domoaligato

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:35:07 »
I just recently got married and I gave all my groomsmen personalized beer mugs.
 :thumb:

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:39:50 »
WASD would be a great way to go for what you are looking for.  You might even be able to get close to the CM font (if you wanted to).  In addition, I would do an enter key with your initials and the wedding date. 

That would be neat, but at $10 a cap, the WASD price creeps fast. Definitely worth thinking about though, thanks! :)

Offline Badwrench

• * Destiny Supporter
  • ummmm.....I forgot
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 15:58:14 »

That would be neat, but at $10 a cap, the WASD price creeps fast. Definitely worth thinking about though, thanks! :)

True, especially since you have to shell out for the QFRs in the first place.  Maybe do the space bar with the user name on the left side, and the initial/date on the right.
wut. i'd buy a ****ty IBM board for that green V2

Offline badcop

• thorpe thocking master race
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 17:01:01 »

"please....don't...."

Bummer. All of my groomsmen were fellow geeks who got this wistful look when I talked about a Model M and gave a blank look when I talked about modern mechanical keyboards, so I just saw a neat opportunity to do something cool for them.

Ideally, I'd love to get them all ErgoDoxes. I am not that rich, though. They get QFRs. :D

But we've all also been gaming together since BroodWars and Duke Nukem 3D, so being able to put their nick on the spacebar seemed like a good flourish if I could pull it off. Target date is probably Christmas.

See that's cool. My friends are ignorant to the finer things in life. They don't get it.
| MX Green Poker | HHKB Pro 2 White | HHKB Pro 2 Black | MX White Goldtouch TK Pad | Modded MX Red kul ES-87
| COMING SOON™ | MX Red GH60 | Ergo Clear GH60 |

Offline eth0s

• Peace & Love
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 17:11:20 »
I'm getting each of my groomsmen a mechanical keyboard as their gift, and wanted to have a custom spacebar for each of them with their username on it. I was wondering what the best method to accomplish this might be. Thus far I have found that the fine folks at wasd provide something along these lines:

http://www.wasdkeyboards.com/index.php/products/printed-keycap-singles/custom-keycap.html

but was wondering if others knew of other available options, or had other suggestions as to how to accomplish same.

Thanks!

100th post. Neat!

Nice!  This is a great gift.  Those are some lucky bastards getting a keyboard.  My groomsmen just got some cufflinks. 
I ♥ Click Clack.  I ♥♥♥ Bro Caps.

Offline xmagusx

• QWERTY is hateful.
    • The Ergonomic Zone
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 11 September 2013, 21:58:38 »
See that's cool. My friends are ignorant to the finer things in life. They don't get it.
Then would it not be considered almost a moral obligation to help illuminate them as to those blessings which thus far have been absent from their lives? :D

Offline BakerMan1971

« Reply #12 on: Thu, 12 September 2013, 05:22:52 »
it might be an idea to email WASD and see if they would do a deal, for the special occasion and all, coincidentally, I was looking to get custom keys (possibly spacebars) made for my lan team :)