Author Topic: Those Varmilo Mint key caps would go nice with Gateron LED switches  (Read 6080 times)

Offline EscapeVelocity

• Antiquarian
It would negate some of that top/bottom two tonism when backlit...as seen in this video.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Those Varmilo Mint key caps would go nice with Gateron LED switches
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 05:40:41 »
I think those mint keycaps are great anyway :)

Definitely on my wish list :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 16 June 2015, 18:37:15 »
Shame they didn't make the tops thicker so they didn't bleed, would have looked even better with just the glowing skirts on the three visible sides.

Clear switch tops should fix that too though :)
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 17 June 2015, 05:24:26 »
Shame they didn't make the tops thicker so they didn't bleed, would have looked even better with just the glowing skirts on the three visible sides.

Clear switch tops should fix that too though :)

You could colour the underside of the keycaps black.

Or someone here stuck silver tape under each keycap in a set.  Excruciatingly tedious job, but very well done and the results are fantastic!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline iLLucionist

• * Elevated Elder
  • Topre is Love.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 07:55:41 »
Nicee those caps would look even nicer on a white board but holy cr*p what about that comic sans? Well I would reverse the space bar anyways
MJT2 Browns o-rings - HHKB White - ES-87 Smoke White Clears - 87UB 55g

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 06 July 2015, 20:25:55 »
bought these keycaps on massdrop when they were doing the drop, actually. hopefully none of my keys are missing like they were with the vortex set  >:D
Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline seville57

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 07 July 2015, 07:07:50 »
bought these keycaps on massdrop when they were doing the drop, actually. hopefully none of my keys are missing like they were with the vortex set  >:D
I also joined the drop and bought 2 sets for my Ducky Shine 3/4 k-boards.

Offline madanshah16

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 13:05:22 »

Are these Side printed keycaps better than Vortex?

Offline seville57

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 17 August 2015, 16:04:16 »

Are these Side printed keycaps better than Vortex?

Sorry, I don't know, I don't own a Vortex keycaps set and all I can say that I don't like white and black keycaps/sets very much.

Some pictures of the Varmilo Mint sets.

Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red with white LEDs.

« Last Edit: Mon, 17 August 2015, 18:16:54 by seville57 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 04:50:23 »
Very nice and minty :)

Offline JackMills

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 07:47:06 »
https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=33130.msg1552429#msg1552429

Pictures of my Leopold FC660M with the Varmillo Mint Green caps (no logo on the spacebar) to show the thickness of the cap. This is my daily driver for 8 months now, no shine, no wear on the caps whatsoever. Very decent caps.

Offline keshley

• Blog n stuff
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 18 August 2015, 09:47:13 »
Oh man, this makes me wish the drop on the Varmilo VA87MR would hurry up! I ordered mine with the white/mint caps.  :thumb:

HHKB Pro 2       Pok3r