geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] Shinobi tools, a set of small boards based on the Katana60

(1/11) > >>

worldspawn:
I really love the design of the Katana60, but find myself typically using smaller boards most of the time, so I figured I'd explore the style in some smaller form-factors.

First up, the Kodachi50 a 50% board with 2 layout options, uses standard layout key sizes for the most part (layout 1 will work with most base sets using the shift keys for the split space, option 2 may require a 40/50s set for full coverage)

Next, a smaller board in the 40% style, the Tanto40, nearly standard key coverage, will definitely need a 40% kit for a couple keys if you want matching legends, but can probably get away with just a base if you don't mind a couple mods legends being off

Finally, the smallest board, a 30%, the Kaiken30, a minimal board with a decent set of mods, very compact, a great travel option that's a bit more ergonomic than your average 30%

All 3 boards are going to be QMK compatible, using a Pro Micro controller and have an option for RGB backlighting.  Case options will be either a simple 2 layer case similar to this:

image courtesy of  /u/Polyzhu

Or a full acrylic layer case similar to this:

image courtesy of  /u/Hedgey

PCBs will be sold as well as kits

kits are all-inclusive (electronics, stabs, hardware), just add switches and caps for a complete board.

Pricing likely to be:

Kodachi50
PCB-$20
kit with basic case-$49
kit with full case-$69

Tanto40
PCB-$15
kit with basic case-$42
kit with full case-$62

Kaiken30
PCB-$10
kit with basic case-$35
kit with full case-$55

A set of 3 (one of each)
set of PCBs-$40
set of kits with basic cases-$110
set of kits with full cases-$155

sithlord:
Tanto and Kaiken look nice...another layout to try out  :thumb:

Kasterborous:
Me like Tanto Me buy Tanto

trabbit:
Very interesting layout, good luck with GB man!

PyroL:
Worldspawn is a great guy with great PCBs! Loving the theme of this one, count me in for a Kaiken I guess! Plz credit /u/Polyzhu for the Alpha pic ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version