geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] TD65 - A 65% w/ macro keys, rotary encoder, & OLED (rendings added)

(1/5) > >>

ZonFire99:
This is my first time designing a layout. I call it the Think Different 65 or TD65. The idea is a 65% with 3 macro keys on the left and a rotary encoder above them. This design would also sport a OLED display on the right side.

I would really like to see something like this come together but I wanted to get some feedback first

As for rendering an actual board, I try getting something together. I am hoping for a 6 or 7 degree angle

I tried doing what I could in Blender. Attached is the blender file if someone wanted to give it a shot since I have no idea what I'm doing  :))

toastyAU:
do you have any ideas of some more specifics you'd like to see if this layout was turned into a board? mount type, angle, front height etc?

Dovan1405:
hey there looks interesting! do you have more images or what it could possibly be?

and also some views of how you would like to move forward with your design and what else that needs to be done maybe? :D

Jaltr:
I like the layout itself, but we need much more info about the board itself, other than from the layout.

Sent from my SM-J415G using Tapatalk

goddream:
in terms of the layout, definitely interesting and thinking different!

however, to me it looks a little messy and wastes a lot of space -

consider shortening right shift .25u so you can bring arrow cluster in line with the mods

consider abandoning the left macro column and moving the oled to that side - this will give you a clean 660 design with extra rotary and oled on the left - you could even still have a full macro column on the left, with the rotary and oled shifted an extra column over! or alternatively, abandon the 3 keys above the arrow cluster and move the oled in line. I think these would give you a more balanced and aesthetic board.

interested to see where this goes!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version