Author Topic: [GB] Space65 - CyberVoyager | 65% Custom Keyboard (completed)  (Read 239018 times)

Offline Kreath

Did the GB on this close?

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist
Did the GB on this close?

First post says it closed on April 17th.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline Dopamine

6/14:

Anodization and Electrophoresis are in progress.

Here are some anodization color testing/matching samples:

Show Image

Would it be possible to make the gray a little bit darker?

Offline Smoothie

I'm upsetti spaghetti that I just saw this board. The EVA-01 gave me goosebumps. Crossing my fingers that there are extras

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
6/14:

Show Image

What I saw was this one below,  but there might be another gray-blue like Nord/Arctic’s.

245154-0

Offline grimmaniac

6/14:

Show Image

What I saw was this one below,  but there might be another gray-blue like Nord/Arctic’s.

(Attachment Link)
Thanks for the new photo. This blue does seem a little more muted than in the earlier pic. Maybe it just comes down to lighting/saturation of the photo.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
6/14:

Show Image

(Attachment Link)
Thanks for the new photo. This blue does seem a little more muted than in the earlier pic. Maybe it just comes down to lighting/saturation of the photo.

Yeah, based on the think6.5 blue, it is definitely not a bright blue.
But there might still be a gray-blue coming. If gray-blue turns out nicely, I would want gray-blue color to be in Think6.5v2 group buy actually

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
6/14:

Show Image

Nice ! But I hope that blue will get closer to the render !

Show Image

Me too. I hope it's a Schrödinger and not the Ocean.

6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

This is the blue-gray that Potter color-matched to Nord. Friends, feel free to share your thoughts. Potter will make a decision on which blue to mass produce for Ocean colorway, the other will likely go to Schrodinger.

This is just a test image using another Bstock board (not Cyber). CyberVoyager testing will come soon as well. Same test board, different lighting:

« Last Edit: Wed, 17 June 2020, 23:44:36 by oldcat »

Offline Adelscott

6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

Me too. I hope it's a Schrödinger and not the Ocean.

6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

This is the blue-gray that Potter color-matched to Nord. Friends, feel free to share your thoughts. Potter will make a decision on which blue to mass produce for Ocean colorway, the other will likely go to Schrodinger.

This is just a test image using another Bstock board (not Cyber). CyberVoyager testing will come soon as well. Same test board, different lighting:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That one seems to match the render ! A blue grey without excessive shining or reflection, almost a matte one. Thanks I'm reassured.
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline grimmaniac

I would prefer the new blue-gray for the ocean too.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 XL mit Tapatalk
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 02:13:14 by grimmaniac »

Offline cadrev

6/14:

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

Yeah, based on the think6.5 blue, it is definitely not a bright blue.
But there might still be a gray-blue coming. If gray-blue turns out nicely, I would want gray-blue color to be in Think6.5v2 group buy actually

First posted blue color really looks great to be honest, if there is a side by side photos between the two that would be great. Not really digging the look of the blue-gray right with that image.
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 June 2020, 12:42:45 by cadrev »

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Blue-gray also be close to Dracula alpha, thanks inertg for the comparison:

245188-0

Offline cadrev

Blue-gray also be close to Dracula alpha, thanks inertg for the comparison:

(Attachment Link)

Thanks for the comparison, I definitely prefer the first shown blue for the Ocean, namewise it's the color the comes to my mind when I hear Ocean. I think this is more leaning towards a muted blue, and under certain lighting conditions its going to look Klippe R1 Gray. But that's just me, I'm not going to deny too that I've ordered extra gold badges (lead and back) for my Ocean which I doubt would pair well with this muted blue color + blue samurai. Thanks for all the hard work on this GB  :thumb:

Offline lunee

Hi Oldcat, I'm from the discord group and visting this geekhack thread just to share my opinions on the ocean cw. You guys specifically stated that Ocean was going to be an anodized dark blue.

245221-0

This was during the GB phase so naturally I went for the Ocean option based on this info, but this grayish blue isn't actually giving justice to a dark blue ocean colorway. I find it a bit pale and muted as a keyboard case color. I know you guys have been pushing for pairing it with the Nord and Dracula with the Think V2 and yes those are your preference, but to change it in that direction for the Space65 v2 after the GB phase  is a bit disappointing.  If I may vote I definitely liked the first blue photo that Potter posted and I was legit excited for it, it also looks more premium imho, not with this grayed-out color, shouldn't the robocop be doing that job already. I feel like ocean should be its own thing much like how deep the reds are in the deadpool colorway.

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 08:50:34 by lunee »

Offline grimmaniac

I chose the ocean based on the renders especially because of the grayish blue.
To be honest, I would be fine with both blues (the one in the picture of the CV65 bottom cases and the new gray-blue), but I still prefer the gray-blue as I think it is more versatile when matching different keycap sets.

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 3 XL mit Tapatalk

Offline noekb

Re: [GB] 65% Keyboard - Space65:CyberVoyager (Added build stream clips)
« Reply #315 on: Fri, 19 June 2020, 05:43:27 »
sweet, thanks! is the "A-Blue" color similar to the dark blue of Ocean? got a render of that one?

Got a color sample of the blue or pink LED Badges?

Here is pink, by the way this was an earlier prototype. Actual backside badges will be anodized alluminum.

Show Image

It should be close to the Think6.5's dark blue, this is under ample sunlight. When the color matching during production is done, I will share pictures in discord, Instagram, and geehack.

Show Image

I based my purchase off of this post, which also states it will be a dark blue. I personally find the blue stunning in the first picture of the anodizing color testing/matching samples that AIRPOTTER posted recently.

Offline lunee

6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

Ok so I've looked a the previous pages and just saw this. I think this too misleading, you compared the anodized blue to the shiny part of the render. If you you want the blue to match the render, then it's going to be a dark puple blue. See this comparison, I compared the anodized blue to the left end fo the render, of course the left side would look grayish because of the lighting. Now compare it to the right side, you can see the render has a purple tint. 245264-0

this is also the same story for the Deadpool, if they will color match it to the left side of the render, it's going to be a milky red.
245266-1

bottomline for me is I think the first anodize blue looks really great, matching it to the render would turn it into a purplish blue not grayish blue. Moreover, the render isn't even gray-blue in the first place. It's a bit unfair for us who joined the GB who went for an Ocean because it's stated on the first page that its a Dark Blue and then we get a pale gray blue board.
« Last Edit: Fri, 19 June 2020, 09:16:04 by lunee »

Offline Stanley.Bishop

I really hope it's just a photos in-process, and the end result will be dark-blue and as close to renders as possible :)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
I really like the design, looking good.
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline devils-door-bell

Beautiful!

Offline Adelscott

6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

Ok so I've looked a the previous pages and just saw this. I think this too misleading, you compared the anodized blue to the shiny part of the render. If you you want the blue to match the render, then it's going to be a dark puple blue. See this comparison, I compared the anodized blue to the left end fo the render, of course the left side would look grayish because of the lighting. Now compare it to the right side, you can see the render has a purple tint. (Attachment Link)

this is also the same story for the Deadpool, if they will color match it to the left side of the render, it's going to be a milky red.
(Attachment Link)

bottomline for me is I think the first anodize blue looks really great, matching it to the render would turn it into a purplish blue not grayish blue. Moreover, the render isn't even gray-blue in the first place. It's a bit unfair for us who joined the GB who went for an Ocean because it's stated on the first page that its a Dark Blue and then we get a pale gray blue board.

If the chosen blue is a shiny one, it would be unfair for us who joined the GB and chose Ocean because of the render.
Please think about ISO users, add a split left shift to your "alice style" keyboards

Offline lunee

6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

Ok so I've looked a the previous pages and just saw this. I think this too misleading, you compared the anodized blue to the shiny part of the render. If you you want the blue to match the render, then it's going to be a dark puple blue. See this comparison, I compared the anodized blue to the left end fo the render, of course the left side would look grayish because of the lighting. Now compare it to the right side, you can see the render has a purple tint. (Attachment Link)

(Attachment Link)

If the chosen blue is a shiny one, it would be unfair for us who joined the GB and chose Ocean because of the render.

The thing is you're basing the color on the extreme left of the render, but at the same time I can't fault you for it given that we are only shown 1 angle for the render. Still I don't believe a grayish pastel blue is the one intended for the GB. Heck there's even a spreadsheet image attached on the GB page saying its an Anodized Dark Blue. It shouldn't be pastel blue-gray. You can't fault us as well for asking for a Dark Blue because it's stated in the page.

attached it for you
245304-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
6/14:

Show Image

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

The thing is you're basing the color on the extreme left of the render, but at the same time I can't fault you for it given that we are only shown 1 angle for the render. Still I don't believe a grayish pastel blue is the one intended for the GB. Heck there's even a spreadsheet image attached on the GB page saying its an Anodized Dark Blue. It shouldn't be pastel blue-gray. You can't fault us as well for asking for a Dark Blue because it's stated in the page.

attached it for you
(Attachment Link)

Blue has many shades and the render is rarely accurate to be fair especially under different lighting condition. Even the pictures I shared earlier are the same color not different ones, just under different lighting. Many liked gray-ish blue so that should be the color as I talked to Potter. When the initial blue came out many said they did not like it and would really want a gray-ish blue so Potter paid extra to make the grayish one. There is no way to please everyone, so a decision needs to be made.

Offline lunee

Man this sucks. Is there any way to cancel.

Offline Drudoo

Dude just wait and see how it turns out. Else sell it. I’m here waiting for schoedinger and I would love a blue one if I get a color I don’t like. 

Pretty sure people will snatch them up on the aftermarket without a doubt.

Offline J3ff_Leopard

• Wishlist

Renders are not meant to be 100% accurate representations of a product. They're tools to help you visualize what an item could be. This has been the case since the beginning of this hobby. Complaining about renders before you have a product. Asking to cancel. 4 post history. Bruh.
WTB Resin Cast Click Clack Leaf

Offline willyG

will we receive updates when the extras are available? Specifically feet, pads, badges, etc... BTW if anyone bought an extra vibration reduction pad (orange one) pls PM me.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
will we receive updates when the extras are available? Specifically feet, pads, badges, etc... BTW if anyone bought an extra vibration reduction pad (orange one) pls PM me.

Yes any updates/announcements will be shared via Potter's instagram (if you do use it), and I will do my best to sync it to GH and discord soon as it releases.

And anyone please feel free to help sync the updates if I forget to / am unable to.

Offline Spicemaster

+1 for Potter man, both Ocean variants look high quality. Can't wait for it.

Offline willyG

Yes any updates/announcements will be shared via Potter's instagram (if you do use it), and I will do my best to sync it to GH and discord soon as it releases.

And anyone please feel free to help sync the updates if I forget to / am unable to.

awesome! ty

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
Red Ano pictures surfaced:

245393-0

Offline stein3

+1 for dark blue / navy / deep blue, whatever you want to call it. The first photo of it looks perfect to me.
The blue grey looks nice, but its just not for me. If that's what I end up with, that's fine, but its not my preference.

Why not let Ocean Blue buyers choose one of the two colors, since you've already put effort in to getting this blue grey color, it seems easy enough to do a run of each. But I'm no expert.

Hi Oldcat, I'm from the discord group and visting this geekhack thread just to share my opinions on the ocean cw. You guys specifically stated that Ocean was going to be an anodized dark blue.

(Attachment Link)

This was during the GB phase so naturally I went for the Ocean option based on this info, but this grayish blue isn't actually giving justice to a dark blue ocean colorway. I find it a bit pale and muted as a keyboard case color. I know you guys have been pushing for pairing it with the Nord and Dracula with the Think V2 and yes those are your preference, but to change it in that direction for the Space65 v2 after the GB phase  is a bit disappointing.  If I may vote I definitely liked the first blue photo that Potter posted and I was legit excited for it, it also looks more premium imho, not with this grayed-out color, shouldn't the robocop be doing that job already. I feel like ocean should be its own thing much like how deep the reds are in the deadpool colorway.

I based my purchase off of this post, which also states it will be a dark blue. I personally find the blue stunning in the first picture of the anodizing color testing/matching samples that AIRPOTTER posted recently.

Offline Curin Derwin

Offering well on an Ocean edition, stock, with CF board.

Also looking to pick up an extra PCB, feet, and CF plate. PM please!
« Last Edit: Sun, 21 June 2020, 14:37:40 by Curin Derwin »

Offline Hawksmoor

245466-0

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
More updates on the weights (note: those are aesthetics screws, do not unscrew):

Offline woyaodapian

the red weights are nicer than the renders!!!
also are those weights for robocop?

Offline Jyobah

the red weights are nicer than the renders!!!
also are those weights for robocop?

The red one is for Deadpool, but if you go to the first page of this closed GB you will see a picture of a chart that will tell what colors come with what color weights.

Offline resonantarchitect

As a Schrodinger purchaser, the more random color attempts I see the more excited I get to see what I'm gonna end up with! Still mini-regret not going with the EVA colorway, but every color and test shown has been stunning (especially that pink that surfaced earlier).

Offline villagepillage

If anyone wants to sell their R2 when it is released, hit me up! lol. Or sell the r2 pcb if they got a spare. I currently have the first revision space.

Offline CoolMike

• Mechs & Co.
    • Mechs & Co.
I am super excited to get this as the build + CLWs look fantastic.

I am even more excited for Schrodinger. Is it going to be multiple colors or just one?

Offline Clay333

If you don't want the board I will buy your spot for original purchase price. It would be the same as canceling.

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
I can't believe I slept on this, hoping for extras as usual. :mad:

Offline Runningtarrens

I hope also for extras, what a beautiful boards. Also if someone wants out of the GB.

Offline Sudorm

Is ETA still in late June?

Offline hiisdesign

Is ETA still in late June?
probably late august or early september

Offline saqneo

I don't have a stake in this but it seems odd to match to Nord when:

1. Doesn't match the original renders/description
2. Two huge GBs in Nautilus 2 and Atlantis just ran

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Offline Missingnumber

You think so? I thought the original render made it look like it would go great with Nord.  I preordered a Black Gold CV, but I've been debating trying to grab an extra Ocean CV just for Nord.
246123-0

Offline saqneo

You think so? I thought the original render made it look like it would go great with Nord.  I preordered a Black Gold CV, but I've been debating trying to grab an extra Ocean CV just for Nord.
(Attachment Link)
I should have quoted the post I was referencing, which was about changing the ano color to match Nord exactly.

The new color differs from the renders and I also expect people will have recent and popular sets other than Nord such as Atlantis, Nautilus 2, Blue Samurai.

Offline Missingnumber

(Attachment Link)
I should have quoted the post I was referencing, which was about changing the ano color to match Nord exactly.

The new color differs from the renders and I also expect people will have recent and popular sets other than Nord such as Atlantis, Nautilus 2, Blue Samurai.

I thought Nord and the Ocean render looked almost the same in color, which is why I included the photo comparison. And they do look very close on my monitor. However, I did just look at the same comparison on my phone, and they are a bit different there.

From getting in to this expensive aluminum and plastic hobby, I'm starting to look at colors more than I used to. And I'm not sure I trust my eyes anymore.

Offline Hawksmoor