Author Topic: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends (NEW UPDATE 04/09/18) please read  (Read 2309708 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: (GB) RAINDROP ROUND 2 with Cherry legends (taking orders)
« Reply #350 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:06:20 »
Does anyone have a pic of what the reverse raindrop looks like together? Blue alphas and white mods

I don't have photoshop right now or I'd just combine the mockups D:

Some updated mockups:

Show Image

Show Image

You are awesome!! Thanks.

Also I presume shipping will be charged later? My invoice is not as much as it said on the website.

you got a special bro discount for doing me a favour before
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #351 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 12:26:29 »
Well that's rad thanks sir!

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #352 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 17:39:01 »
Anyone got a clue to what color spraypaint would match the modifiers if I were to paint my QFR with montana gold? I was thinking shock blue would match this; as well, will sp key caps match the imsto ones (cherry pbt, thick)?
Current Keyboards: Orion - 62g ergo clears;
A87 PS2AVR - 59g ergo clears; QFR - stock blues

Offline Vintage

« Reply #353 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 22:51:25 »
SP caps are thin ABS, so no.
CM QFR w/ MX Reds  | Logitech G900

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #354 on: Sat, 21 December 2013, 23:19:23 »
Anyone got a clue to what color spraypaint would match the modifiers if I were to paint my QFR with montana gold? I was thinking shock blue would match this; as well, will sp key caps match the imsto ones (cherry pbt, thick)?

Profile will be similar but not the same (DCS vs. Cherry profile).  So there will be some height / angle differences as well as top shape.  IMSTO's blue PBT will be different from the blue used for this group buy--if that's what you're thinking.  See this post:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=52475.msg1165333#msg1165333

His "white" PBT is actually a creamy off-white color and will definitely not match.  Plus the difference in thickness and material density, so the feel of typing will not be uniform.
- Keyboards: LZ-GH (Jailhouse Blues)M65-a, MIRA SE, E8-V1, MOON TKL, CA66
- Keyboard Case Painting Tips -
- Join Mechanical Keyboards photography group on Flickr -

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #355 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 00:21:36 »

The ONLY down side to this key-set is that it's flimsy DCS, if it was SA Profile - then it would rule beyond all reason here on Geekhack  :thumb: .

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #356 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 00:40:23 »
I was planning to use the mods with the black imsto pbt alphas from ivan's gb ^^
No one have a clue on the exact colour of the raindrop mods?

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #357 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 00:45:44 »
I was planning to use the mods with the black imsto pbt alphas from ivan's gb ^^
No one have a clue on the exact colour of the raindrop mods?

The Signature Plastics code for the blue is "BFP".  You could e-mail SP and ask them if they could give you a pantone color code for it or some other standard.  Then you could contact Montana Gold and ask about the closest color they have to that code.

(scan by Kroengar, hosted by mashby)

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #358 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 00:55:04 »

The ONLY down side to this key-set is that it's flimsy DCS, if it was SA Profile - then it would rule beyond all reason here on Geekhack  :thumb: .

I mean the next step is to cut a mold for THICK DCS :D

Does anyone know if that's possible/reasonable sometime in the far future?

Offline CK Briefs

• formerly calvins1
« Reply #359 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 01:26:42 »
@photoelectric ty ^^

I got an approximate colour from the picture; don't think i need to email them :P

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #360 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 04:00:43 »
@photoelectric ty ^^

I got an approximate colour from the picture; don't think i need to email them :P

Heh I read that as "photoelectrivity" :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline lilky

« Reply #361 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:35:46 »
Is there any way to order w/o eating the paypal fees? Can I send the money as a gift to Bunny instead? :D

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #362 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 13:40:19 »
Is there any way to order w/o eating the paypal fees? Can I send the money as a gift to Bunny instead? :D

it messes with my backend system a lot if i dont have an invoice number etc, sadly the fees are just something that come along with it, it ends up being safer for everyone

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #363 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 19:49:59 »
Just to be clear, if I ordered the deluxe, tsangan, and numpad I would have everything I needed to full up a QF TK (without the space bar) right? Also can we do an address change later on if we move between now and when they are shipped?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #364 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 19:55:11 »
Just to be clear, if I ordered the deluxe, tsangan, and numpad I would have everything I needed to full up a QF TK (without the space bar) right? Also can we do an address change later on if we move between now and when they are shipped?

you can indeed change address, no worries, and im not super familiar with that board but i believe so yes

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #365 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 19:57:37 »
you can indeed change address, no worries, and im not super familiar with that board but i believe so yes

Thanks. The Bottom row is 1.5, 1, 1.25, 6.5, 1.25, 1, 1, 1.5. I just wasn't sure what keys already came with the deluxe set (mods+alphas)  :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #366 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 20:07:28 »

Thanks. The Bottom row is 1.5, 1, 1.25, 6.5, 1.25, 1, 1, 1.5. I just wasn't sure what keys already came with the deluxe set (mods+alphas)  :p

Yeah you will also need the tsangan for that bottom row, so just the space bar that's am odd size

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #367 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 20:08:49 »

Yeah you will also need the tsangan for that bottom row, so just the space bar that's am odd size

Thanks you very much. Ordered :D

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #368 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 20:24:58 »
Dear BunnyLake,

Just need you to confirm in writing here, that you will not alter the CURRENT windows logo you are using for this Group Buy Key-set?

The only thing that's holding me with this GB is the use of that old-style logo, if that's replaced with the gawd-awful win-8 rubbish, then there's nothing here for me anymore  :( .

PLEASE say you have NO intention of ever changing the current retro win logo?

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #369 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 20:34:14 »
Dear BunnyLake,

Just need you to confirm in writing here, that you will not alter the CURRENT windows logo you are using for this Group Buy Key-set?

The only thing that's holding me with this GB is the use of that old-style logo, if that's replaced with the gawd-awful win-8 rubbish, then there's nothing here for me anymore  :( .

I may be wrong, but from what I read he may be doing the win 7 logo as a compromise on page 11 I believe.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #370 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 21:21:42 »
I may be wrong, but from what I read he may be doing the win 7 logo as a compromise on page 11 I believe.

That's what I'm worried about, then the Group Buy has changed from when I originally signed up for.  I ONLY went into this for the old-style Win Logo and nothing else.  If that's gone now, then I will need to drop out of this.......  :'( .

All I wanted was the last decent Win Logo ever associated with Gatesie.

Offline moogle

« Reply #371 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 21:33:43 »

That's what I'm worried about, then the Group Buy has changed from when I originally signed up for.  I ONLY went into this for the old-style Win Logo and nothing else.  If that's gone now, then I will need to drop out of this.......  :'( .

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #372 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 22:17:34 »
Dear BunnyLake,

I love the 90's style logo the best also, but I would much rather have the Windows7 logo then the windows8 one.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #373 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 22:45:20 »

So you base your entire group buy participation on one key?

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #374 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 23:05:00 »
Submitted mine ;)
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline Photoelectric

• * Administrator
« Reply #375 on: Sun, 22 December 2013, 23:16:05 »

What about all the alternative modifier legends in the style of this set's theme?  Like the raindrops.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #376 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 02:09:56 »

This comes up from time to time.  We have talked to SP about it and IIRC it would be many thousands of dollars and require expertise neither we nor SP have available.  It's a pipe dream.

Calling DCS keys "flimsy" is typical Elrickian hyperbole.  They do feel different than thicker caps, yes, but they are not poorly made.  Their "inferiority" is purely aesthetic.  In fact I greatly prefer them to thick caps for tactile switches.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #377 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:01:35 »

I've been in nearly every Group Buy when it came to Key-caps in general, since being here on Geekhack (3 years now I think), last year it's been mostly Win 7 keys this year bit of 7 but now mostly Win8.

Considering the whole computer population on planet Earth still uses pre Win 7, that accounts for more than 90% - why is it here, a tiny minority always wants Windows 8 shoved into every Group Buy that has been run?

The beauty of R5 Honeywell windows has been largely ignored (which is good) hence we use the standard SUPER or WIN text in our key-set selections.  But here, no such luck.

It's almost like the current Microsoft PR department gatecrashed here and is pushing hard it's gross Current OS because it's failed everywhere else in the world.  Did you know that it's current pick up rate is far lower than Vista when it was first released during a similar time frame?  Beggar's belief how something so hated, is being pushed so hard - only here at Geekhack.

The choice BunnyLake has made to offer the Retro Win Logo is the ONLY one on offer for any Group Buy being run here for the last 6 months (please someone prove I'm wrong on this point - must be SP manufactured).  Even this Group Buy is being stifled of FREE choice by a minority that has orgasmed over Windows 8.  Isn't there already too much Windows 8 everywhere else? 

I hope Bunny has the heart and strength to resist these mobile phone addicts, and use for once a decent Windows symbol that represents the REAL essential meaning of what Microsoft use to be, a Company that had produced Operating Systems for Personal Computers, not the current childish junk pile, masquerading as an OS.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:12:30 by Elrick »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #378 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:11:38 »
Calling DCS keys "flimsy" is typical Elrickian hyperbole.  They do feel different than thicker caps, yes, but they are not poorly made.  Their "inferiority" is purely aesthetic.  In fact I greatly prefer them to thick caps for tactile switches.

When placing some DCS's into Filcos I have pushed the keys down upon the cherry stems, but as I pushed it down with my thumb and index finger's the cap had caved inwards due to my finger pressure.  Sure enough the two sides of the keycap had cracked.  I'm no machine and since I work with my hands I may of applied a little extra pressure but for plastic to buckle under 2 fingers, it's surely something to do with the low tolerance in thin key-cap design.

I can not buckle an SA profile no matter how much you squeeze the sides of the cap.  Also DSA avoids any damage due to it's shorter side section.  I'm no Superman when it comes to destroying stuff with my bare hands, so tell me why DCS is so easy to crack and destroy when placing into or extracting from various cherry keyboards.

That is why GMK/BSP is so sort after because they use a similar key-cap proportion but with far thicker wall sections which is proof of quality key-cap design, hence the price tag that's required.  A thicker wall section will always pay dividends because they become highly desired amongst us here on GH.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:21:23 by Elrick »

Offline meiosis

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Time
« Reply #379 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:37:39 »

I've been in nearly every Group Buy when it came to Key-caps in general, since being here on Geekhack (3 years now I think), last year it's been mostly Win 7 keys this year bit of 7 but now mostly Win8.

Considering the whole computer population on planet Earth still uses pre Win 7, that accounts for more than 90% - why is it here, a tiny minority always wants Windows 8 shoved into every Group Buy that has been run?

The beauty of R5 Honeywell windows has been largely ignored (which is good) hence we use the standard SUPER or WIN text in our key-set selections.  But here, no such luck.

It's almost like the current Microsoft PR department gatecrashed here and is pushing hard it's gross Current OS because it's failed everywhere else in the world.  Did you know that it's current pick up rate is far lower than Vista when it was first released during a similar time frame?  Beggar's belief how something so hated, is being pushed so hard - only here at Geekhack.

The choice BunnyLake has made to offer the Retro Win Logo is the ONLY one on offer for any Group Buy being run here for the last 6 months (please someone prove I'm wrong on this point - must be SP manufactured).  Even this Group Buy is being stifled of FREE choice by a minority that has orgasmed over Windows 8.  Isn't there already too much Windows 8 everywhere else? 

I hope Bunny has the heart and strength to resist these mobile phone addicts, and use for once a decent Windows symbol that represents the REAL essential meaning of what Microsoft use to be, a Company that had produced Operating Systems for Personal Computers, not the current childish junk pile, masquerading as an OS.

Do you use the Windows key often? Or actually find yourself staring at it..
Keyboards:
Filco Majestouch 2 - Sakura Edition [MX Blue]
Filco Majestouch 2 - Lotus Edition [MX Brown]
Realforce 23ub - Modded with 55g Domes.
Aripeko TKL

Offline kenmai9

• Unicornforce
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Skrrr
« Reply #380 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:37:46 »

Its purely aesthetic dude.

No one here is jizzing about how awesome Windows 8 is and that we NEED to have a windows 8 key.

I think they just like the look of it.

This comes up from time to time.  We have talked to SP about it and IIRC it would be many thousands of dollars and require expertise neither we nor SP have available.  It's a pipe dream.

Well, IMO, I like them thicker because of the feel and sound, versus aesthetic. I can't see how thick a key is by looking at it from the top, but I believe I can feel the difference.

But I agree that DCS is pretty good. I just have fallen in love with thick cherry. No matter though, this GB will be awesome.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:39:52 by kenmai9 »

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #381 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 03:57:21 »
Its purely aesthetic dude.

No one here is jizzing about how awesome Windows 8 is and that we NEED to have a windows 8 key.

I think they just like the look of it.

Yes I know, the dreaded Metro interface requirement.  Although all you need do is move the mouse cursor to the right side of the screen  :D .  I wonder what individuals that have NO-Windows keys (win-free) on their keyboards, how do they use Win8, just curious?  Maybe key mapping it to another - unused key selection, who knows.....

No matter though, this GB will be awesome.

Totally agree, Bunny always run's nice key-cap GB's hence this one will be a beaut  :thumb: .
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 04:01:26 by Elrick »

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #382 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 04:03:40 »
Well, IMO, I like them thicker because of the feel and sound, versus aesthetic.

Maybe aesthetic was the wrong word.  I meant they are not objectively inferior within normal use parameters.  It's just a matter of personal preference.  (So I think we agree :)

@Elrick I don't think GMK keys are more expensive because they use more plastic.  My impression from working with SP is that materials costs are much less important than machine setup and cleanup time.

Offline fart_toast

« Reply #383 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 04:29:28 »

What about all the alternative modifier legends in the style of this set's theme?  Like the raindrops.

Does seem like the obvious solution to all this windows logo malarky... just do the raindrops :/! It is the "raindrop" set after all. IMO the raindrops look good ...

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #384 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 04:50:24 »
If anything changes Erick I'll include that current one in the mockup for you still

That or have an entire key set made up of windows 8 logos

Offline Tym

• [CTRL]ALT
  • * Maker
« Reply #385 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:03:04 »
Hush, don't spook Elrick.

Or he'll kick your head in, in the bathroom. :eek:
unless they have some unforeseeable downside (like they're actually made of cream cheese cunningly disguised as ABS)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #386 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:34:17 »
Hush, don't spook Elrick.

Or he'll kick your head in, in the bathroom. :o

No way, I would never hurt Bunny, I like him too much to cave his head in for anything, especially with having any disagreements - which is normal for GH in general.  Even though I come from a violent background I can still control myself in public.

Bunny can do what ever he likes here because it's his Group Buy not mine or yours.  Hence it's his rules that are laid down, anyone that disagrees or has a problem with him or his rules, gets shown the door  8) .

Just please let me know when it all changes so that I can leave graciously without any bitter sentiment.  Don't leave it to the final day of payments before you change over to Win8 Logos everywhere. That would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 December 2013, 05:40:16 by Elrick »

Offline cookiesowns

« Reply #387 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 10:44:00 »
If anything changes Erick I'll include that current one in the mockup for you still

That or have an entire key set made up of windows 8 logos

mmmm, keyset made out of win 8 logos may fit my fancy.

Offline tbc

« Reply #388 on: Mon, 23 December 2013, 14:09:44 »
That would totally look awesome for the numpad cause it's a matrix layout like win8 metro lol
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #389 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 15:47:16 »
Will the final product look like these?

Offline Defying

• (suffer on)
« Reply #390 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 16:16:57 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Is that Vortex's Thick PBT RainDrop clone?

Offline bazemk1979

« Reply #391 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 17:03:59 »
Vortex is getting better and better
Quote from: IvanIvanovich on Wed, 08 January 2014, 18:02:50

When you bottom out dong cap... is it going balls deep?

Offline fourzeropooh

« Reply #392 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 18:33:36 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Its Vortex Thick PBT, not sure if they were trying to clone RainDrop or not because they also have them in orange

Offline Pacifist

• Report me *again* if there are gifs in my sig
  • * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #393 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:12:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

is dat pbt?

Offline ImClueless

« Reply #394 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:20:55 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

is dat pbt?
It could be....no offense to Bunny but if it was, then it's a knockoff I would buy...

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #395 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:34:03 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

is dat pbt?
It could be....no offense to Bunny but if it was, then it's a knockoff I would buy...

me too. Love the sp colors but PBT is just way more durable for my end game set

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #396 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 19:55:08 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Its Vortex Thick PBT, not sure if they were trying to clone RainDrop or not because they also have them in orange

Where can you get those at?
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Pacifist

• * Elevated Elder
  • on hiatus
« Reply #397 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 20:03:24 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Where can you get those at?

iirc its vortex prototype

Offline phoenix1234

« Reply #398 on: Tue, 24 December 2013, 20:25:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

You can easily find how Raindrop looks like here:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40520.0

Basically, the images that you have from Vortex's Facebook are similar to Raindrop colour theme.
However, if we take a look closer, we can see that Vortex set is OEM profile, center-font, modifiers have no text legends.

Regarding the quality, recently there are some people reported about the quality issues of legend on Vortex PBT DS (e.g. different thickness of the legends between keycaps). You may also see an issue reported from the latest Vortex PBT DS GB
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=48932.msg1144214#msg1144214

I'm not judging Vortex or anything but after quality issues reported, I concern about the quality of the final product from Vortex PBT DS.
I like linear switches

Offline leeminwoo

• A87 custom keyboard
« Reply #399 on: Wed, 25 December 2013, 05:25:51 »
oh why must this come out so soon?  :(
no breathing space for my wallet!

ordered!  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Wed, 25 December 2013, 06:01:53 by leeminwoo »