Author Topic: DIY Alps PCB  (Read 25514 times)

Offline mastermachetier

Re: DIY Alps PCB
« Reply #50 on: Wed, 10 February 2016, 15:53:05 »
Impressive, as always, Yoe. Those dyed keycaps look incredible.

You should offer your PBT keycap dyeing skills as a paid service in the artisan forum. I'm not joking.

Thank you!

Yes, I'm actually considering doing that. Just feel the need to try out some more colors first, so I have a bunch of color options that I'm confident in using.

I have also recently acquired a bunch of M0116 donor keyboards, so I'm pretty close now to offering built to order Y62 boards too. I already have people on my waiting list, and I haven't even posted in the classifieds or artisan forums yet, so that's nice :)

With your pcb is the plate still necessary or can you mount the alps directly to the pcb? I am tying this from my m0116 with oragne alps I am not a huge fan of the layout but I love these switches. Also thanks for all the work !

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 02:22:52 »
Impressive, as always, Yoe. Those dyed keycaps look incredible.

You should offer your PBT keycap dyeing skills as a paid service in the artisan forum. I'm not joking.

Thank you!

Yes, I'm actually considering doing that. Just feel the need to try out some more colors first, so I have a bunch of color options that I'm confident in using.

I have also recently acquired a bunch of M0116 donor keyboards, so I'm pretty close now to offering built to order Y62 boards too. I already have people on my waiting list, and I haven't even posted in the classifieds or artisan forums yet, so that's nice :)

With your pcb is the plate still necessary or can you mount the alps directly to the pcb? I am tying this from my m0116 with oragne alps I am not a huge fan of the layout but I love these switches. Also thanks for all the work !

Alps switches have no tabs or extra pins for stability against the PCB, so a plate is really necessary.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 03:11:30 »
That looks awesome. Great work!

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 11 February 2016, 03:12:58 »
mastermachetier: With Alps switches a plate is necessary. However, you can skip the PCB and hand wire them on the back if you want.

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 00:19:18 »
Do you have any pcbs/plates or are these just the resources to make your own?
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 01:22:16 »

For the Y63 (M0118) I've got a bunch of laser cut plates, and I believe at least one etched pcb ready made. Just toss me a PM if you're interested. Or if you want to use the files to make your own Y62 or Y63, feel free to do that, and send me questions if anything should be unclear.

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #56 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 04:49:27 »
Just a few more pictures of the first Y62 before shipping it :)

128309-0 128311-1 128313-2 128315-3
« Last Edit: Mon, 15 February 2016, 04:53:46 by Yoe »

Offline mastermachetier

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 17:35:42 »

Offline kinglukas38

• Do you even tactile?
« Reply #58 on: Mon, 15 February 2016, 18:06:45 »

For the Y63 (M0118) I've got a bunch of laser cut plates, and I believe at least one etched pcb ready made. Just toss me a PM if you're interested. Or if you want to use the files to make your own Y62 or Y63, feel free to do that, and send me questions if anything should be unclear.

Ah I was hoping for the 0116 variant
I've never done it before, but I'm pretty sure I'm good at it

Offline Yoe

• Alps & ISO <3
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 04 March 2016, 01:43:52 »
Time for some updates again!

I got help from a friend creating a key beep feature for this project. He also taught me how to use Git, so I'm putting my y6x related TMK mods on github now. So far only the y62ms (Y62 with Teensy++ 2.0) and the y63b (Y63 with Teensy 2.0 and key beep feature.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70761.msg2075644#msg2075644

https://github.com/Trasselfrisyr/tmk_keyboard/tree/y6x

Also, now I've got me a thread in the Artisan Services section. Opinions and questions regarding my price/estimate list are very welcome. It's not set in stone, laminated, etched, etc. but rather a work in progress.

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=79960.0

Offline sprit

•  Post Editing Timeout
  • Location: The Geek Symphosion :::::: Mechanical Engineering ::: Alta Magna Uniforma :::::: 哀吾生之須臾羨長江之無窮 ::
« Reply #60 on: Sat, 09 July 2016, 19:19:43 »
Great Job!   Yoe!