Author Topic: [IC] TriC 60% case/kit (GB is live)  (Read 25233 times)

Offline LunarisDream

[IC] TriC 60% case/kit (GB is live)
« on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:07:17 »
GB is live on reddit! GH GB thread submitted and pending approval.

Edit 3: Renders of Tiffany blue and orange (colors not final)

Edit 2: If you want purple, speak up or add it to your order notes. With a significant enough number, I can attempt to request it. Not hopeful though.

Edit: Think I got Stripe working. Not sure how it'll react to high-volume orders w/o shipping attached. Hopefully it doesn't cause any issues. Test website: ldgb.bigcartel.com

Update

Interest was much lower than anticipated, so we're changing things up a bit.

* The GMK Red Alert/Olivetti giveaway is scrapped.
* Price of each case has been dropped to $145, or $140 if we hit 50 orders.
* The plate remains at $15.
* The PCB dropped to $35.
* Gold stabs still $14 or $17 depending on the type.
* Shipping for US buyers is $20 (int'l) +$13 (domestic).
* Shipping for international buyers is $40 flat via EMS, direct.
* Colors available for the case are black, red, dark gray, silver, Tiffany blue (cyan), and orange.

The whole kit, sans switches and caps, will cost $247-$250.

You can order any part individually or in multiples by noting it at the end of the order form.

Domestic payments accepted via Dwolla. International still being worked on, but likely Stripe. The only reason the GB isn't open is because I'm trying to enable Stripe for this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mods: I am going to use this IC to populate the order form which will be up regardless of the IC results. If there is a problem with that, please feel free to remove the form links. Thanks!

Gonna keep things simple. This is a custom aluminum 60% case w/ an acrylic diffuser.

Note that if you join this IC, it's almost identical to joining the GB as the forms used will be the same, but the GB has more color options. You may edit the form at any time until the GB concludes.

[Pics of my own TriC.] [More pics]

[US IC/order form]

[International order form]

Case comes with the aluminum top frame, aluminum bottom, aluminum battery cover, aluminum feet, acrylic diffuser, acrylic feet extender, screws, and two rubber bumpons.

Colors available for the case and plate: black, dark gray, silver, one TBD, and one chosen by community vote.

More on the community vote: Link a desired color sample and I will open a strawpoll in the GB thread. The highest voted color (or colors) will be added to the GB form as additional color options (barring approval from factory).

Details and rambling below.

------------------------------------

A 60% aluminum universal plate is available in multiple colors, and supports switch top removal, for $15. If there is enough interest, a standard (non-universal, 6.25u ANSI Poker layout) plate can be made available as well. Simply check the corresponding form option and your plate order will automatically be switched to that if it becomes available. Note that this plate is not the same as what I used in the album.

A Chinese ps2avrGB 60% PCB (lovingly dubbed by some members of the community as B.fake, although I'm partial to C.face myself) will also be available to purchase as part of the kit. It will have 16 SMD RGB LEDs on the back be presoldered, along with all diodes and resistors. Supports most layouts. Will likely come in green or white (TBD), and can be seen in the album I linked. Cost is $45.

Gold plated stabilizers from the ZZ96 r2 GB are also available here in two flavors. PCB-mount contains 6u, 6.25u, and 7u, plus 7x 2u wires, for $14. Screw-mount contains 6.25u and 7u (unsure about 6u, will have to check) for $17. Yes, they're more than you'd need for a 60%, sorry. :|

One order chosen by random.org will have his/her order be bundled with a set of GMK Olivetti/Red Alert for free and sent out first, w/ shipping expedited to EMS (3-5 business days) direct from China to lead the hype train once shipping starts.

Fulfillment time is two and a half months from the completion of the GB.

The GB is likely to be up tomorrow. The TriC designer rushed me to get this IC out to gauge interest as he's doing another production run very soon and would like for this GB to be on that if possible.

There will be a GB for the BT PCB at a later date as it is still in development.

Leave any questions or comments below! PM me for any specific inquiries.
« Last Edit: Tue, 03 May 2016, 14:23:45 by LunarisDream »

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: [IC] TriC 60% case/kit
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:10:33 »
How will payment be handled?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 13:12:51 »
How will payment be handled?

Dwolla for US orders, Taobao for international.

Knowing how to order from Taobao will make it easier for me to run future international GBs, and it's a good skill to have.

Offline KaLam1ty

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 14:13:27 »
Is the etched name on the top frame optional/customization?
Or will it have that same name for all pieces?
It looks laser etched.

Not a bad price either, for a custom!

Offline evangs

• * Maker
  • TheVan
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 14:34:42 »
nice looking case!

Offline Khuya

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 16:04:32 »
good luck with gb, too expensive for me :(

Offline Geekmie

« Reply #6 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 16:40:49 »
Nice job~

Offline airs

« Reply #7 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 17:59:13 »
Looks awesome! Form filled out and sent.
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 18:30:45 »
It looks laser etched.

I would also like to know because that would be a deal breaker.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:17:15 »
It looks laser etched.

That's only for the first round of cases. The designer is debating whether to add something to the second round or not. It is laser etched.

And thanks!

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:20:29 »
It looks laser etched.

That's only for the first round of cases. The designer is debating whether to add something to the second round or not. It is laser etched.

Would it be possible to let him know that it would bother at least a couple potential buyers? The whole build looks quite nice but having branding or etching kind of detracts from it.

Edit: accidentally messed up formatting and don't know how to fix it...  :-[

« Last Edit: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:22:09 by Gengarfan »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:34:53 »
Move your reply outside the last [/quote].

I'll let him know. It's definitely okay to pass on that. Just make a note in the form.

I dig it, personally.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 20:41:20 »
Move your reply outside the last

I'll let him know. It's definitely okay to pass on that. Just make a note in the form.

I dig it, personally.
[/quote]

Ah thank you!

And just to clarify, we can order one without the etching? I already put in an order before seeing the mark in the pictures, so is there any way to edit that into the notes? Also, if we are in the ZZ96 gb is there any way to combine shipping?

By the way, you are the man for running these awesome group buys!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #13 on: Wed, 20 April 2016, 23:39:23 »
Ah thank you!

And just to clarify, we can order one without the etching? I already put in an order before seeing the mark in the pictures, so is there any way to edit that into the notes? Also, if we are in the ZZ96 gb is there any way to combine shipping?

By the way, you are the man for running these awesome group buys!

I've added that to your notes.

Shipping will depend on the completion date of each. The two are unrelated, designed by different people and manufactured in different factories. If the completion dates are similar, it is possible.

Offline salasource

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 04:48:48 »
B.fake PCB does not have ISO support?

Offline ika

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 04:52:45 »

Doesn't look like it, no. Interesting since B.face does have full universal support.

Offline merlin64

• MechMerlin
« Reply #16 on: Thu, 21 April 2016, 09:15:53 »
I've actually never heard of dwolla, do they offer better rates than PayPal with the same up to 180 day transaction disputes?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #17 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 02:07:54 »
I've actually never heard of dwolla, do they offer better rates than PayPal with the same up to 180 day transaction disputes?

Dwolla states that each transaction costs $0.25. It does not have buyer protection.

If you'd like to steer clear of this GB because of it, feel free. If you've joined and would like to back out, just send me a message.

I value the mutual trust between me and the participants of my GB. If there is no trust, then I'd rather give you (and me) peace of mind.

Not digging at you btw, I just really, really don't like Paypal from my perspective since they've caused me so much needless hassle w/ organizing my GB.

Offline LeandreN

• Mekanisk.co
  • * Vendor
    • Mekanisk
« Reply #18 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 02:28:17 »
I don't think Dwolla is available internationally :D

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #19 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 02:54:11 »

Aye. And I can't use Stripe because I have no website.

Sad feels.

Offline Xiro7

« Reply #20 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 06:34:09 »

Aye. And I can't use Stripe because I have no website.

Sad feels.

I can setup a stupid simple site for you that uses stripe if you want. Stripe is a dozen lines of code to integrate.

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #21 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 07:14:33 »
sent you a pm about my google form entry

Offline salasource

« Reply #22 on: Fri, 22 April 2016, 12:41:15 »
Any info about ISO support? Universal plate supports ISO?

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #23 on: Sat, 23 April 2016, 04:46:13 »
Any info about ISO support? Universal plate supports ISO?

The PCB does not have ISO support, and the order count is not large enough for it to be added and created in a separate batch. We could source them from Hojin, but he said that he doesn't want to do group buys anymore, so I don't know if he'd be willing.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #24 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 09:21:42 »
Any update? You mentioned that the GB should be up the day after the IC. Is this still happening? Obviously no rush, just wondering.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #25 on: Sun, 24 April 2016, 18:37:38 »
Any update? You mentioned that the GB should be up the day after the IC. Is this still happening? Obviously no rush, just wondering.

Xiro7 is helping me work out a possible solution to Stripe which would enable much easier purchases from international buyers, because the IC was kinda unsuccessful.

Although the biggest deterrent is, no doubt, the price.

Maybe I'll scrap the giveaway and drop the price.
« Last Edit: Sun, 24 April 2016, 18:59:04 by LunarisDream »

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #26 on: Tue, 26 April 2016, 23:06:51 »

Xiro7 is helping me work out a possible solution to Stripe which would enable much easier purchases from international buyers, because the IC was kinda unsuccessful.

That sucks that this was unsuccessful... definitely a cool keyboard but I can see how some would be put off by the price. Let us know if anything changes!

Offline Diokhan

« Reply #27 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 09:36:31 »

That sucks that this was unsuccessful... definitely a cool keyboard but I can see how some would be put off by the price. Let us know if anything changes!

Yeah I really love the case.
Let us know if something will happen

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #28 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 10:49:12 »
Appreciate the support, guys. I'm going to be dropping the base price to $150 plus shipping and fees. No fees for Dwolla within the US, but there will be Paypal/Stripe fees for international buyers. A Stripe solution is being worked on to get Paypal out of the picture (can't risk that hold), hence the delay for starting the GB. Expect it up within the next week or so.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #29 on: Wed, 27 April 2016, 16:27:05 »
Appreciate the support, guys. I'm going to be dropping the base price to $150 plus shipping and fees. No fees for Dwolla within the US, but there will be Paypal/Stripe fees for international buyers. A Stripe solution is being worked on to get Paypal out of the picture (can't risk that hold), hence the delay for starting the GB. Expect it up within the next week or so.

That is great news! Can't wait!

Offline LunarisDream

Re: [IC] TriC 60% case/kit (price dropped)
« Reply #30 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 05:32:30 »
Updated OP.

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #31 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 05:46:09 »
No offence. I've never heard you in China,but now you are going to have a GB here,which shocked me actually......
Waiting for TGR-910......

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #32 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 08:30:31 »
hey lunaris, may I ask where it is shipping from or if it's possible for a cheaper shipping option for intl. Also since you're using stripe for intl, does that mean we no longer have to order from taobao?
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #33 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 09:01:17 »
No offence. I've never heard you in China,but now you are going to have a GB here,which shocked me actually......

I have no reason to advertise an international group buy within China when there is already a domestic one being run concurrently by a more well-known member.

May I ask who you are?

hey lunaris, may I ask where it is shipping from or if it's possible for a cheaper shipping option for intl. Also since you're using stripe for intl, does that mean we no longer have to order from taobao?

Cheaper int'l shipping is very hard to come by for individuals. I'm shipping from China via EMS, and due to the nature and risks of shipping internationally, I need to use a fast service w/ tracking, and EMS has been good for the several keyboards that I've sent overseas. Cheaper options are possible, but undesirable for the aforementioned reasons.

And yes, if I can get Stripe working, processing international payments will be a lot easier.

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #34 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 09:35:33 »
As you can see,I am Tmeee,T-m-e-e-e.

Recently,I've heard of camp,tank or fmj,but sorry,in fact I've never heard of you.Thats it.

Maybe I should repeat it.No offence.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 April 2016, 09:43:35 by Tmeee »

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #35 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 09:37:31 »
If possible, could we get some pics of the new colors?  :thumb:
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #36 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 09:38:06 »

I have no reason to advertise an international group buy within China when there is already a domestic one being run concurrently by a more well-known member.

May I ask who you are?

Recently,I've heard of camp,tank or fmj,but sorry,in fact I've never heard of you.Thats it.

Are you wondering if he designed the case? I think he's just organizing the GB for western customers.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #37 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:04:20 »

Right. I'm not the designer, just the GB organizer here. Look up TriC or ask around in China if you'd like. It's pretty new, and there's already been one domestic GB (of which I was a part of to test the quality). I have pics of the case and the final board I built in the linked thread.

Anything else?

Color samples will be arriving in a couple days.  :)

May I ask who you are?

Are you wondering if he designed the case? I think he's just organizing the GB for western customers.

Righto.

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #38 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:07:59 »

May I ask who you are?

Ummm.I think he should devote more to the domestic GB before hurrying to start a GB here.As his compatriots,I've hardly heard of his product.I dont think it is a suitable time for having a GB here right now.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #39 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:17:00 »

May I ask who you are?

Ummm.I think he should devote more to the domestic GB before hurrying to start a GB here.As his compatriots,I've hardly heard of his product.I dont think it is a suitable time for having a GB here right now.

You're free to not participate. I'm not in charge of the domestic GB. But please don't attempt to dictate what I do here; it is not your place to do so.

That is, unless you have a good reason for suggesting that I should not run this GB.

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #40 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:19:55 »

I'm pretty sad that purple won't be an option. I was hoping that it would be, because it was in the pic album.  :(
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #41 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:29:27 »

I'm pretty sad that purple won't be an option. I was hoping that it would be, because it was in the pic album.  :(

I just asked. The designer (Lyucas) gave me a very quick and concise "no". :| Sorry dude.

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #42 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:50:19 »

I just asked. The designer (Lyucas) gave me a very quick and concise "no". :| Sorry dude.

Thanks for asking anyways lunaris. At first I wasn't going to join this gb because of taobao for intl, which put me off and possibly other people as well. btw there are some things that aren't that clear to me in the op. Like the community votes for the colors (did that even happen  :))) and the plates.

"Colors available for the case and plate: black, dark gray, silver, one TBD, and one chosen by community vote."

"A 60% aluminum universal plate is available in multiple colors, and supports switch top removal, for $15."

so these are different, and if I want a matching plate for either the cyan/orange/red case I would go for the universal plate?
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #43 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 10:53:44 »
Thanks for asking anyways lunaris. At first I wasn't going to join this gb because of taobao for intl, which put me off and possibly other people as well. btw there are some things that aren't that clear to me in the op. Like the community votes for the colors (did that even happen  :))) and the plates.

"Colors available for the case and plate: black, dark gray, silver, one TBD, and one chosen by community vote."

"A 60% aluminum universal plate is available in multiple colors, and supports switch top removal, for $15."

so these are different, and if I want a matching plate for either the cyan/orange/red case I would go for the universal plate?

Oh right.

The plates are created in the same factory for this round, and will be in the same color as the case. The community vote ended up not happening, also because of low interest.

The plates will likely be all universal with the same color selection as the case.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #44 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:01:48 »
Hey Lunaris, would you mind making a note for me about not having the artist's mark again? I forgot to put it at the end in the notes :confused:

Offline GiveCandyy

« Reply #45 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:06:28 »

Oh right.

The plates are created in the same factory for this round, and will be in the same color as the case. The community vote ended up not happening, also because of low interest.

The plates will likely be all universal with the same color selection as the case.

Sweet. Just to clarify, is the chunk on the back purely for weight? If I remember correctly, it was a battery slot? or something and there was a bluetooth option. sorry for the many questions.  ;D
I wish it wasn't soon

Offline Tmeee

« Reply #46 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:06:38 »

May I ask who you are?

You're free to not participate. I'm not in charge of the domestic GB. But please don't attempt to dictate what I do here; it is not your place to do so.

That is, unless you have a good reason for suggesting that I should not run this GB.
May you make a big fortune here,bro.

I will never sell or buy a keyboard with a pcb call B.FAKE.

PS.You'd  better think about why "Interest was much lower than anticipated".

Think twice if your product is awesome enough to make money here.

Plz dont reply to me.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:08:10 by Tmeee »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #47 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:12:23 »

May you make a big fortune here,bro.

I will never sell or buy a keyboard with a pcb call B.FAKE.

PS.You'd  better think about why "Interest was much lower than anticipated".

Think twice if your product is awesome enough to make money here.

Plz dont reply to me.

Let's make a couple things clear.

1. You do not tell me what to do.

2. The case is a priority, not the PCB. And its name is not B.fake, that is a nickname given to it by some members of the community.

3. The product is not mine.

And where's the "no offense"? Dropping pretenses now, are we? As I said, you're free to not participate.

Feel free to reply to me, even though it seems that you have nothing of value to say.
« Last Edit: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:16:43 by LunarisDream »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #48 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:15:51 »
Hey Lunaris, would you mind making a note for me about not having the artist's mark again? I forgot to put it at the end in the notes :confused:

Sure thing. There's going to be something small, currently slated to be "1.11", within the case itself, underneath the acrylic layer. He insists on having a mark somewhere, but at least this will be out of sight unless you disassemble the case.

Offline vito687

« Reply #49 on: Sat, 30 April 2016, 11:36:44 »

Me too!