Author Topic: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (waiting on replacement acrylic, otherwise complete)  (Read 73149 times)

Offline axtran

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (production)
« Reply #150 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 06:56:47 »
I was able to get my Tric built this weekend. All I can say is that it is worth the wait; this is the nicest housing I've ever seen. I only wish I had a BT module and battery to put in this.

You guys are in for a treat!

Show Image

Nice! By chance do you know the radial size of the corner cuts of that plate? I had a custom one made and I picked 2.5mm--your build looks so flush that I'm now a tad concerned, hehe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MX Silent > MX Vintage Black > Everything Else

Offline Cotay

« Reply #151 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 11:39:36 »
I was able to get my Tric built this weekend. All I can say is that it is worth the wait; this is the nicest housing I've ever seen. I only wish I had a BT module and battery to put in this.

You guys are in for a treat!

Show Image

Nice! By chance do you know the radial size of the corner cuts of that plate? I had a custom one made and I picked 2.5mm--your build looks so flush that I'm now a tad concerned, hehe.

I'm not sure to be honest, but it was a standard Universal orange plate (not the ANSI option) from Sentraq: https://sentraq.com/products/60-aluminum-plate-1?variant=31356106826

The plate doesn't site perfectly flush, but it is maybe a millimeter or less below the top. Remember that the top frame is installed overr the plate/pcb. You want it so that the plate is wide/tall enough to be covered by the top of the housing once you lower it onto the plate/pcb and screw it all together.

Offline axtran

« Reply #152 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 12:02:56 »
Thanks. I checked with LunarisDream and he mentioned my plate should fit :)

Offline Cotay

« Reply #153 on: Mon, 24 October 2016, 12:09:04 »
time to finish sip pocketing these Zeals... ugh

This looks so hot. Do you have the Taobao link from the guy you bought it from?

I sent you a PM.

Offline Pinecone

• Pine Switches
« Reply #154 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 20:56:41 »
Thanks. I checked with LunarisDream and he mentioned my plate should fit :)

Now you're having me worried about whether or not my LeandreN universal plate is gonna fit.

Offline axtran

« Reply #155 on: Tue, 25 October 2016, 20:57:31 »
I think it should. :) mounting holes are the same, and I believe he used the same radial corner cuts as I did.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #156 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 09:58:19 »
Hello folks.

Designer dude told me he doesn't want to ship (understandable, he's in college right now and you know what time of the year it is), and so the cases are en route to me with TriC's packaging, and I will be sorting and distributing them as soon as they get here (as long as I don't have any exams myself on that day). Will clear my schedule in preparation.

There are two bonuses:

1. Everyone will get an aluminum HolyOOPS keypuller as an apology from the designer for the long delays.

2. 10 people (or maybe 9? :^) ) will get a HolyOOPS TriC aluminum keycap. It looks like this: I will be raffling these off at random amongst the orders, unless you PM me and request one.

That's it. Expect another update in 3-5 days when everything arrives!

On a side note, I have left the stabilizers and some of the PCBs in the U.S. This should not cause major delays as I've already ordered more which will be arriving here in China at around the same time.

International orders will be shipped from me to the reshipper, who will be sending them out internationally.

U.S. orders will be shipped from me to the reshipper, then sent to the U.S., and finally sent to the individuals. They will be prepacked in TriC's packaging, and all that would be required would be to slap a label on there (and put a PCB and bag of stabilizers inside, if you opted for them).

Also about the plate - any universal plate should fit. The top part of the case covers the edges of the plate and just barely rises above it, giving the board a pseudo-floating keys design.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2016, 10:37:21 by LunarisDream »

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #157 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 10:16:08 »
Yay !
Thx for the updates LD  :-*
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #158 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 10:46:25 »
Really nice that things are finally moving. Maybe I'll even be able to finish this build till christmas?
Thanks for your hard work, really looking forward to this

Offline axtran

« Reply #159 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 12:26:39 »
Can't wait!

Offline Saiph

« Reply #160 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 13:51:31 »
1. Everyone will get an aluminum HolyOOPS keypuller as an apology from the designer for the long delays.
Shoot, I just bought one in Feng's groupbuy haha.

Btw, any one want to swap colors? I got red but I'm not feeling it anymore.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 October 2016, 18:20:41 by Saiph »

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #161 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 22:53:41 »

There is one orange extra from a refund, and there were only two orange cases from this buy.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #162 on: Fri, 28 October 2016, 22:58:13 »
I was actually hoping for one of the more neutral colors. Thanks for the offer though! :thumb:

Offline Cotay

« Reply #163 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 01:03:36 »
I was actually hoping for one of the more neutral colors. Thanks for the offer though! :thumb:

Funny, I just ordered a red one to go along with my orange one. :)  I tend to prefer neutral colors as well, but I decided that I'm going to branch out of my comfort zone with this hobby. Keep the orange, it really is special and according to LunarisDream it is being discontinued; it'll be a unique piece!

Offline Mike89914

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (production complete, en route to me)
« Reply #164 on: Sat, 29 October 2016, 23:27:21 »
If anyone changed their mind about keeping this keyboard.  I might be interested in buying it in black, grey, or blue

Offline Saiph

« Reply #165 on: Sun, 30 October 2016, 03:21:56 »
Btw, are there still plans for a BT pcb group buy?

Offline axtran

« Reply #166 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 06:40:06 »
There is one orange extra from a refund, and there were only two orange cases from this buy.

Sigh... I should buy it... PM me!

Offline fanman888

« Reply #167 on: Mon, 31 October 2016, 22:25:11 »

If the orange case is still available, I'll take it! Been looking for an orange case to use with the LeandreN GB build.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #168 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 04:34:37 »
I just hauled the entire order of TriC half a kilometer and up 6 flights of stairs.

A bit boned right now but optimistic. Gonna open the package up after I grab a bite to eat, with pics to come.

As for the orange case - please gimme a bit of time to sort and tally what I've got to make sure everything that's supposed to be here, is here.

Edit: uhh scratch that, I was dead tired and fell asleep, and now have to go out for the whole day for a lab session across town. Pics coming in about 12 hours when I get back.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 November 2016, 17:34:48 by LunarisDream »

Offline Fictiouz

• That "White" Guy
  • "You miss 100% of the shots you take." -S. Trooper
« Reply #169 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 05:50:54 »
I just hauled the entire order of TriC half a kilometer and up 6 flights of stairs.

A bit boned right now but optimistic. Gonna open the package up after I grab a bite to eat, with pics to come.

As for the orange case - please gimme a bit of time to sort and tally what I've got to make sure everything that's supposed to be here, is here.

Can't wait to see them Lunaris, even if I didn't get one I've been following this GB fairly closely. Keep up the good work! :thumb:
Halifax, NS Meetup | "I know you'll come back to me, I'm like a good kind of herpes, I'm impossible to get rid of." - 27
67g Zilent V2 M60-A | BKE Redux HHKB Professional 2 | 62g Silent Black Planck | 62g Vint Black Tex Yoda II | Bolt-Modded Model M 1391301

Offline Tobi45

« Reply #170 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 06:03:18 »
Bummer there were no additional weights available  :)).
Good to see things are moving at a fast pace now. As far as I understood it, you'll send all that stuff to a proxy in america now, who'll start shipping them to the individuals then? Will this be the case for international orders as well?

Offline GoatMaster

• Formerly Franatic89
« Reply #171 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 06:47:48 »
Great, I am excited about the pics.

Thank you very much for this awesome GP and the updates!

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #172 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 07:28:11 »
Gutted that I missed out on this. I love these cases!

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #173 on: Tue, 01 November 2016, 23:37:19 »
Quick update as I'm in between classes:

I just found out that there is a separate shipment of stuff coming to me related to the group's order.

I have the cases, that much is certain, along with the packaging material used for shipping. I also have the metal keypullers and case feet.

What I do not have are: the acrylic sandwich piece, screws, TriC keycaps, and bumpons for the metal feet.

I was totally under the impression that everything was here, but now...

Second batch of items should be shipped out to me tomorrow. I'll be using the time to tally up existing cases and do a spot of QC.

Pics later when I'm finished with my labs. There will be plenty.

Offline alveeno

« Reply #174 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 00:08:45 »
Thx for the update! :thumb:

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #175 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:31:45 »
im in china and wont get back until the end of december..... but im so excited

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #176 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:35:15 »

Do you want it shipped to you in China? Or do you have someone who can accept the package at the original address?

Got word from the designer. Some of the parts he ordered (not sure if screws or feet or what) were lost en route due to the shipping service's truck "encountering problems", hence the separate shipment.

What are the odds?
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:43:27 by LunarisDream »

Offline phosphoric

« Reply #177 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 06:43:43 »

Do you want it shipped to you in China? Or do you have someone who can accept the package at the original address?
ill send you a pm

Let's get this straight. There is nothing cool about keyboards we're all lame as fk.

speak for yourself

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #178 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:14:36 »
Whammy

The reason that the designer gave me for the long delay was that the whole batch was returned to factory for microblemishes. After seeing these cases, I'm absolutely convinced that the cases were extensively QC'd. These six are damn near perfect, and the colors really are amazing.

The HolyOOPS keypullers... I'll probably email the entire group w/ a GForms link asking for your preferred colors, as well as the TriC keycap. Raffling it off is a bit unfair when not everyone is monitoring the thread.

It is now 5:30 AM and I need to catch some Z's before my class at 8. Talk to you later folks.
« Last Edit: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:28:14 by LunarisDream »

Offline Saiph

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (cases arrived, awaiting second package for shipping)
« Reply #179 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:31:22 »
If the BT pcb groupbuy doesn't end up happening does anyone know of an alternate BT pcb that would work with this?

Offline LunarisDream

Re: [GB] TriC 60% case/kit (cases arrived, awaiting second package for shipping)
« Reply #180 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:35:22 »
If the BT pcb groupbuy doesn't end up happening does anyone know of an alternate BT pcb that would work with this?

Oh right. Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. ANNE PRO has a very nice feature-rich PCB but the mounting holes are off and our scale of orders wouldn't be nearly enough to convince Obins to do a redesign and manufacture just the PCBs and BT modules.

The GH60 BLE group is essentially inactive. I don't think much will come of it in the foreseeable future. :|

Offline Saiph

« Reply #181 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:41:30 »

Oh right. Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. ANNE PRO has a very nice feature-rich PCB but the mounting holes are off and our scale of orders wouldn't be nearly enough to convince Obins to do a redesign and manufacture just the PCBs and BT modules.
The GH60 BLE group is essentially inactive. I don't think much will come of it in the foreseeable future. :|

Alright, in that case I'll probably just look to find a "b.fake" pcb somewhere and just use it wired. In fact I'll probably end up selling my actual b.face since I like this case much better.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #182 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:44:28 »
Alright, in that case I'll probably just look to find a "b.fake" pcb somewhere and just use it wired. In fact I'll probably end up selling my actual b.face since I like this case much better.

I do have them offered with the buy and also have a couple extras. Hit me w/ a PM if that strikes yer fancy.  ^-^

Offline Saiph

« Reply #183 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 16:48:00 »
I do have them offered with the buy and also have a couple extras. Hit me w/ a PM if that strikes yer fancy.  ^-^

Awesome! :thumb:

Offline Faux

« Reply #184 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 18:41:49 »
Are you offering Bface or Bfake? Is the only difference that one isn't actually made my winkeyless, like do they use the same software?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #185 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 18:47:10 »
Are you offering Bface or Bfake? Is the only difference that one isn't actually made my winkeyless, like do they use the same software?
He's offering the unofficial one. They do use the same software.

Offline Gengarfan

« Reply #186 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 21:24:18 »

Is there really any difference other than who makes them? Are the pcbs comparable to other products where the "off brand" might be inferior?

Offline Saiph

« Reply #187 on: Wed, 02 November 2016, 22:30:53 »

Is there really any difference other than who makes them? Are the pcbs comparable to other products where the "off brand" might be inferior?
I have the fake one in one of my boards and I haven't noticed any difference at all, except lunarisdream said this pcb is going to be either white or black, whereas the real ones are always white.

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #188 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 04:33:28 »
Lugged the misc parts up just now. Gonna catch my breath, drink some water, and get to sorting & packing.

Also caught a cold because it's fuggin freezing outside.

If you've purchased a case, please fill out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdqoRxzMh6ibCH9pj3y0OGm76xmsTVVLkd9aC18b9x3qGO18w/viewform

Offline Saiph

« Reply #189 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 10:04:12 »
Filled the form :). Hope you feel better soon, I just got off of a fever myself.

Offline airs

« Reply #190 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 10:15:14 »
Filled it out, thanks Lunaris!
Octagon v2, LZ CLS

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #191 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 06:10:58 »

Missing the keycaps which was sent separately via a more reliable shipping service. Expecting it tomorrow or the day after.

Gonna get the packaging set up properly and start packing the cases up tonight.

Offline W_hinklebottom

« Reply #192 on: Thu, 10 November 2016, 08:12:40 »

Offline axtran

« Reply #193 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 02:02:27 »
The GB is real! ;)

Offline Cotay

« Reply #194 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 12:13:08 »
I just received my second Tric from Taobao (in red this time). I can't wait for you guys to start getting yours.

One thing to watch out for is not to over tighten the silver screws that secure the top part of the case. The case threads strip easily if you apply too much torque. If you do manage to strip one, wrap a little bit of latex plumbing tape around the screw and it'll be fine. These screws don't need a lot of torque, just lightly hand tighten. Only make a quarter turn at most past hand tight.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #195 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 13:25:22 »
I just received my second Tric from Taobao (in red this time). I can't wait for you guys to start getting yours.

One thing to watch out for is not to over tighten the silver screws that secure the top part of the case. The case threads strip easily if you apply too much torque. If you do manage to strip one, wrap a little bit of latex plumbing tape around the screw and it'll be fine. These screws don't need a lot of torque, just lightly hand tighten. Only make a quarter turn at most past hand tight.
Good to know. Thanks!

Offline fanman888

« Reply #196 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 11:41:27 »

Good to know. Thanks!

You used silver screws for the case? Odd. For my orange case, I used the black screws for the case, silver screws for the pcb, and the flat silver screws for the weight. My first impulse was to try the silver screws for the case, but found that they were too fat for the threads. The black screws fit perfectly and there were the perfect amount too. Do they have different screws for different colors?

Offline Cotay

« Reply #197 on: Mon, 14 November 2016, 22:09:08 »

Good to know. Thanks!

You used silver screws for the case? Odd. For my orange case, I used the black screws for the case, silver screws for the pcb, and the flat silver screws for the weight. My first impulse was to try the silver screws for the case, but found that they were too fat for the threads. The black screws fit perfectly and there were the perfect amount too. Do they have different screws for different colors?

The silver screws are definitely for the case and black for the PCB.  See LunarisDream's pics in the IC thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=81480.msg2145674#msg2145674

Here is the direct link: https://sli.mg/a/ucg8x4

I doubt they are using different screws for different colors.

Offline Saiph

« Reply #198 on: Fri, 18 November 2016, 10:21:22 »
Any news? My fingers are itching to build it :)

Offline LunarisDream

« Reply #199 on: Tue, 22 November 2016, 13:55:11 »
Everything is going out the door tomorrow. Was a lot more work than I anticipated and the packaging/cases drew blood three times (so far).