Author Topic: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping!  (Read 297046 times)

Offline PeppyToad

Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping from GMK to vendors!
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 22:38:34 »
Unwritten rule of r/mk:

The first person to get a new GMK set and post a photo of it must take it under the absolute worst lighting conditions possible and with every dumb color correction function of your phone camera enabled to make the set look extra ****ty.

And then a bunch of idiots that don't understand how photography lighting works will come along and complain about how bad the color matching is.

Happens literally every single time now.

So true. I still remember that green Bingsu posted somewhere...

Offline euphxenos

« Reply #501 on: Thu, 16 September 2021, 23:54:28 »
Yes, but when the color matching really is bad, all the photos posted make the colors look bad, you get the set in your own hands and it still looks bad...after all that there will *still* be people defending the color matching and telling everyone that the set looks perfect and none of them understand lighting.  This goes both ways.

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #502 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 00:12:36 »
I still have that one garbage photo of GMK Solarized Dark burned into my eyes. I can't unsee it no matter how hard I try

Edit: this one... viewer discretion is advised

More
Show Image

Is it bad that I think the set looks fine there?

Offline nettik

« Reply #503 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 01:37:32 »
Solarized Dark's colors by themselves are fine. But when you compare it to the renders and what people were expecting to receive... oh boy. There's a reason there was so much backlash against the set when it released. GMK Necro is another set that was very off from its renders.

Offline elmo

• Hello I like keyboards
    • Elmo's keyboards
« Reply #504 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 03:34:30 »
Solarized Dark's colors by themselves are fine. But when you compare it to the renders and what people were expecting to receive... oh boy. There's a reason there was so much backlash against the set when it released. GMK Necro is another set that was very off from its renders.

Sure colormatching can fail if you do it wrong or use the wrong methods and did so in the past for some sets.
Sol Dark was probably my favorite fails since it looked nothing like the renders but still ended up being a really nice looking set.
Necro and Plum are a different story though...

But with the technology that Omnitype (and many other groupbuy runners) now use for their colormatching it is very unlikely to get a set that has the colors that far off.
Nebulant (the guy who does all the colormatching) uses a spectrophotometer to match the samples. You can't really get more accurate results than that.
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 September 2021, 03:39:06 by elmo »

Offline pikku-allu

• IG: @kinnalek
« Reply #505 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 10:06:08 »
Okay, to set everything straight. Here are two shots I took and white balanced. Taken in natural overcast light.

Offline DukeEsquire

« Reply #506 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 10:14:00 »
Okay, to set everything straight. Here are two shots I took and white balanced. Taken in natural overcast light.

Show Image
Show Image

Ugh, that's awful. Everyone please send me your GMK Dracula sets without opening them. I will take them off your hands for free.

(Those pics look fantastic. Look forward to getting my kit from Omni/Dixie.)

Offline A.Belousov

Re: [GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping!
« Reply #507 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 10:30:01 »
Looks amazing imo

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #508 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 11:05:46 »

Show Image
Show Image

Those look wonderful! Accurate photos are the best photos; no need to boost saturation/gamma when the source material is already gorgeous.
ai03 Meridian Mech 27E8.5Brutal60SSK White LabelHHKB Pro JPvAEK68 Alps BluesRF87u

Offline pikku-allu

« Reply #509 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 11:39:34 »
Those look wonderful! Accurate photos are the best photos; no need to boost saturation/gamma when the source material is already gorgeous.

The accent colors are so beautiful and vibrant. They downright appear to be glowing in direct sunlight.

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #510 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 11:54:54 »
R2 please  :-[ :-[

Offline andreiborisov

[GB] GMK Dracula (CLOSED) — Shipping!
« Reply #511 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 13:17:50 »

Show Image
Show Image

We all know that can be a render when it comes from pikku-allu haha

On a more serious note I would love to see how err module looks
« Last Edit: Fri, 17 September 2021, 13:26:07 by andreiborisov »

Offline ctrl+shift+n

« Reply #512 on: Fri, 17 September 2021, 16:24:28 »
Hoping to hop on extras

Offline Baionlenja

• +B
    • www.baionlenja.com
« Reply #513 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 03:32:41 »
Got my set and I'm stunned by the colours! This was definitely worth the wait. Loving the options and variety the kits bring.

276401-0

Offline A.Belousov

« Reply #514 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 03:35:37 »
How did you get it if it still on the way from Germany to Omnitype? Or i too late to know they already got it and shipping to customers already started?  :))

Offline dexie

« Reply #515 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 06:53:15 »
Just received my set today. Damn it looks good. Looks exactly like my vscode color palette. Thanks Pikku and everyone else for making this happen.
ISO Life

Offline dexie

« Reply #516 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 07:02:06 »
How did you get it if it still on the way from Germany to Omnitype? Or i too late to know they already got it and shipping to customers already started?  :))

European orders shipped to customers this week
ISO Life

Offline s3vv4

« Reply #517 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 13:18:45 »
Got my set on Wednesday, the colors are amazing, exactly how I came to love dracula in emacs, and the highlight colors are really bright popping!

Offline pikku-allu

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 19:22:23 »
Glad you guys are liking the set, always nice to hear comments :) It does look a lot different in person compared to most photos, the colors are really hard to capture.

Here are some shots of Nightmode & ERR! modules in use:

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #519 on: Tue, 28 September 2021, 19:40:41 »
Looking good!  :thumb:

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #520 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 10:25:34 »
Worth the two year wait.

Offline Wickles

« Reply #521 on: Wed, 29 September 2021, 15:59:16 »
Finally have my hands on Dracula. It is honestly amazing! 100% worth the wait

Offline sevenseacat

« Reply #522 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 08:15:07 »
Oh boy I didn't think my Dracc would ever arrive but it did ✨

Offline ShandonCodes

« Reply #523 on: Thu, 30 September 2021, 12:46:27 »
Waited a while, but its worth it!

Offline wunderninja

« Reply #524 on: Fri, 01 October 2021, 20:06:07 »
I appreciate the effort it took to achieve this level of accuracy! Majority of pictures circulating right now don't do Dracula justice.

Offline Wickles

« Reply #525 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 07:07:33 »
I appreciate the effort it took to achieve this level of accuracy! Majority of pictures circulating right now don't do Dracula justice.

It is honestly a very beautiful set. I imagine there will be a R2 in future, given all the colour matching is done now!  ;D

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #526 on: Sat, 02 October 2021, 09:46:59 »
Majority of pictures circulating right now don't do Dracula justice.

I'm really trying hard to reserve my judgement until I get the set.... so far the pictures I have seen have the alphas looking more like a denim blue than the IC/renders.  I can't say I'm not worried.  That said, the overwhelmingly positive response from ppl who have the set keeps me hopeful!

Offline Joshimitsu

« Reply #527 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 06:24:14 »
Anyone received there's from mykeyboard.eu yet? Specifically UK buyers?

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #528 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 08:11:56 »

Only orders above 135 GBP (vat excluded) can be shipped atm. Your order total needs to be about 200€ with the Belgium VAT to be shipped until they receive their UK VAT number.

Offline Joshimitsu

« Reply #529 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 08:33:16 »

Only orders above 135 GBP (vat excluded) can be shipped atm. Your order total needs to be about 200€ with the Belgium VAT to be shipped until they receive their UK VAT number.

My order total was over €250 with tax, but they did refund some money a week or two ago with a very basic "dracula tax refund" message or similar via PayPal.

Regardless, if they are going to keep my money and my item indefinitely, they ought to be contacting me to let me know!

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #530 on: Wed, 06 October 2021, 09:43:09 »

My order total was over €250 with tax, but they did refund some money a week or two ago with a very basic "dracula tax refund" message or similar via PayPal.

Regardless, if they are going to keep my money and my item indefinitely, they ought to be contacting me to let me know!

If you got the VAT refund your item was processed.
Check your spam folder for tracking information, else feel free to get in contact with the support-channel on their discord or send a ticket via e-mail.

There are many GB's that came in the last 2 weeks, and shipping is slower than usual as they have to juggle the different GB's.

Offline Joshimitsu

« Reply #531 on: Thu, 07 October 2021, 10:49:21 »
If you got the VAT refund your item was processed.
Check your spam folder for tracking information, else feel free to get in contact with the support-channel on their discord or send a ticket via e-mail.

There are many GB's that came in the last 2 weeks, and shipping is slower than usual as they have to juggle the different GB's.

OK, I checked my junk email and indeed I have a lot of emails from DHL asking for customs payment. Luckily tomorrow is the last day before they return the item, so I have paid now and should hopefully receive the item soon.

I am a little concerned that emails from mykeyboard.eu might be going to spam, despite having had email conversations with them previously. I'm still waiting to hear on replacement keys for the extra mods set from KAM Little Pilot...

Offline ReverbSlush

• 16/52 RNG score
« Reply #532 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 15:03:47 »
I'm really trying hard to reserve my judgement until I get the set.... so far the pictures I have seen have the alphas looking more like a denim blue than the IC/renders.  I can't say I'm not worried.  That said, the overwhelmingly positive response from ppl who have the set keeps me hopeful!

OK! gotta eat my shoe on this one.  Colors look great in person.  Excellent job all around and worth the wait.

Offline LevelSteam

« Reply #533 on: Tue, 12 October 2021, 18:54:40 »

OK! gotta eat my shoe on this one.  Colors look great in person.  Excellent job all around and worth the wait.

Like GMK Ashes the blue-gray of the alphas on Dracula is fairly hard to capture accurately with my phone's camera so I figured I wouldn't post any pics of my set/kits for exactly this reason lol

It really did turn out very close to the renders imo and the stickers were a fun touch.

Offline Grandmasternoob

« Reply #534 on: Wed, 13 October 2021, 08:23:57 »
 :D

Offline 1391401

• MX CLEAR
« Reply #535 on: Fri, 15 October 2021, 15:05:35 »
Just got mine - colors look perfect - appreciate the attention to detail here even if it resulted in delays.
People I've given money to from this webform who never respond to me and have not shipped me anything: ctrlalt.io 1 2, Team Readline Reputable alternatives to GH group buys: http://pimpmykeyboard.com, https://www.massdrop.com,

Offline mta

« Reply #536 on: Fri, 15 October 2021, 15:15:29 »
Love how it turned out

Offline nettik

« Reply #537 on: Fri, 15 October 2021, 16:25:51 »
I hope they sell the extras soon! Got in on this GB before I was into 40% keyboards and now I need a Minify kit

Offline Randalljai

« Reply #538 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 03:21:19 »
I hope they sell the extras soon! Got in on this GB before I was into 40% keyboards and now I need a Minify kit

do you know if there will be extras?

Offline brighenne

« Reply #539 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 13:25:01 »

do you know if there will be extras?

Yes. There will always be extras.

Offline pott

« Reply #540 on: Sat, 16 October 2021, 21:56:54 »
Ready to wait another year here. Mine got shipped with Fedex who are having HUGE delays. It was due to arrive on Tuesday, still nowhere to be seen :))

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #541 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 06:05:48 »
Add me as another who's only recently gotten into the hobby and will be looking for extras

Offline radam

« Reply #542 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 10:17:24 »
Extras today at 2pm central

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #543 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 15:08:50 »
I assume Omnitype? Well guess I missed those, lol. I'm in the UK anyway 😭

Offline OmegaZero55

« Reply #544 on: Thu, 21 October 2021, 22:48:38 »
I assume Omnitype? Well guess I missed those, lol. I'm in the UK anyway 😭
Yeah and don't feel too bad, it was a rather frustrating experience. Shop crapped out, and the site didn't even work for me on mobile. I was able to grab a base kit after like 11 minutes, but wasn't able to get any of the other kits I wanted.

Offline Jsx2005

« Reply #545 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 00:22:33 »
I had the same experience on Omnitype today. Site wouldn’t let me add to cart, despite being on at 2p central time sharp. Disappointed…I’m hoping Dracula is back for another round because I’m not paying what people are asking for on the secondary market.

Offline oilpapers

« Reply #546 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 07:43:40 »
Honestly seems like the perfect moment to launch R2, I'm sure the MOQ would get filled in a day with the hype from the people getting their sets in.

Offline tonyjones

• I like big butts and I cannot lie.
« Reply #547 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 15:12:42 »
R2 will take three years to ship, who's still in?

Offline alwaysbless

« Reply #548 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 16:55:47 »
Got stuck in a captcha loop for 10m yesterday and err and highlight modules were instantly sold out by the time I finally got through. If anyone wants to get rid of theirs send me a PM I will gladly buy em just name a price.

Offline nettik

« Reply #549 on: Fri, 22 October 2021, 23:38:58 »
Were there only like 10 minify extras? :( Also had the same bad experience with Omnitype, I was able to add to cart but then it wouldn't let me check out, and by the time I got to the captcha it was sold out.