geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Custom Keycap Ideas Thread - all ideas welcome

<< < (256/263) > >>

maidq:
I want to make pokemon artisan keycaps? Anybody can send me the instruction? What are the steps and what to prepare? My idea is Thks!!

BritishBulldog:

--- Quote from: maidq on Thu, 23 September 2021, 22:15:14 ---I want to make pokemon artisan keycaps? Anybody can send me the instruction? What are the steps and what to prepare? My idea is Thks!!

--- End quote ---
For example:

noisyturtle:
This is a weird one, but I'd love to see a full set that instead of getting shiny with use, is actually made of a material that wears down over time. It would be very neat to see your board after a year of use and the caps are like uneven mesas spreading across a vista. I am very curious if by the nature of the slow wearing down process your fingers would adjust, so by the time the E key is at it's nub and the X key is still high, it was such a gradual transition you barely notice.

Not sure what material you could use to analogize wear over time, obviously something like rubber which does the same for tires would not work.
I'll bet there's some specific type of plastic created for exactly this type of physical wear testing.

plop1234:
i've been looking for some transparent/translucent keycaps and think a color transparent set would be cool

like the atomic purple gameboy

rainson:
HALLOWEEN KEYCAPS
WHATS YOUR IDEA GUYS?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version