geekhack Community > New Members

New here

(1/3) > >>

getoffmalawn:
I'm new to Geekhack, and electronics/microcontroller projects in general, as it were. I'm on a quest for the perfect keyboard!

I'm planning on building my own, specifically because I want to try out some ideas I have for a firmware. I like the look of the Poker, but I'm not sure if it will fit the Teensy++ I've bought. The idea of building a keyboard from scratch would be much more interesting for me though, I think.

I hope to have a lot of fun with it! It'll be my first proper electronics project since I was about 7-8 years old.

hazeluff:

--- Quote from: getoffmalawn on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:02:33 ---I'm new to Geekhack, and electronics/microcontroller projects in general, as it were. I'm on a quest for the perfect keyboard!

I'm planning on building my own, specifically because I want to try out some ideas I have for a firmware. I like the look of the Poker, but I'm not sure if it will fit the Teensy++ I've bought. The idea of building a keyboard from scratch would be much more interesting for me though, I think.

I hope to have a lot of fun with it! It'll be my first proper electronics project since I was about 7-8 years old.

--- End quote ---

You're in the same boat as I am = ).

Tho if your experiance is from 7-8 years old, you may need to do some learning. = p

Welcome to Geekhack and check out some of the projects going on (DOX/Phantom/etc).

TheProfosist:
Hey if uve got a poker join us on the dox project

getoffmalawn:

--- Quote from: hazeluff on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:37:01 ---

Tho if your experiance is from 7-8 years old, you may need to do some learning. = p

Welcome to Geekhack and check out some of the projects going on (DOX/Phantom/etc).

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I definitely have a lot of learning to do :P if you know of any good resources, let me know! I've been told that Digital Systems by Tocci is good, I might pick it up.

--- Quote from: TheProfosist on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:50:56 ---Hey if uve got a poker join us on the dox project

--- End quote ---

I don't have a Poker yet, I'm still tossing up whether or not I should get one. I might get one to provide the parts for my project, I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

The Dox KB project doesn't look like it's seen much activity in a while - what work does it need to reach completion? All the attachments on the original post are gone now as well, which I imagine doesn't help newcomers.

hazeluff:

--- Quote from: getoffmalawn on Sat, 25 August 2012, 06:46:23 ---
--- Quote from: hazeluff on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:37:01 ---

--- End quote ---

Thanks! I definitely have a lot of learning to do :P if you know of any good resources, let me know! I've been told that Digital Systems by Tocci is good, I might pick it up.

--- Quote from: TheProfosist on Sat, 25 August 2012, 03:50:56 ---Hey if uve got a poker join us on the dox project

--- End quote ---

I don't have a Poker yet, I'm still tossing up whether or not I should get one. I might get one to provide the parts for my project, I'm not sure if that's feasible though.

The Dox KB project doesn't look like it's seen much activity in a while - what work does it need to reach completion? All the attachments on the original post are gone now as well, which I imagine doesn't help newcomers.

--- End quote ---

The site got transferred, and old attachments are all broken.

Bpiphany (Prinsvalium) had a thread before about using KiCad to design the PCB, but the link for it I have is broken.

I've followed him and I've also used KiCad. It's pretty good for free software.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version