Author Topic: Just arrived today  (Read 2885 times)

Offline Redndwhite

Just arrived today
« on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 15:54:06 »
So the workplace I'm in involved far too much typing on a crappy dome keyboard. Then, I hear this clack clack clackclackclack click sound coming from my supervisor behind me. Curious to see what in the world was creating all the ruckus, I go and take a look at what would be my eventual downfall. He was typing away on a Leopold (I think that is how it is spelt) blank keyboard with Blue Cherries. OMGWTFBBQ, typing on it was like drinking the first beer after the elusive acquired taste; I wanted one. This started a long and exasperating search for the keyboard that I wanted to buy.

I searched and I searched, looked at Razors, too black and the LEDs weren't that appealing; Leopold, can't do, someone else already has one. So another coworker of mine came in with a Coolmaster with Brown cherries. It sounded much better, didn't nearly as loud of a clack but still knew that the keys had been pressed. But I still didn't like the browns or blues, I was after red cherries. The linear and light pressure was appealing to me. So I continue to look and then I find a very bad website. It did things to my wallet that I've never had happen before, it's still curled up in the shower. WASD Keyboards is a very bad website. Customizable caps, can choose the switch that I want, different COLOURS?!?!?!? What is this nonsense. Five hours later, after testing out each option I had available, I decided against getting a patterned look and just got something ordinary.

Ordinary turned out to be an engraved set of red keycaps, with white R1x1.25s and red cherries. But now I wanna have different caps for keys that I don't use that often, to spruce up a brand new keyboard (I haven't had it 5 hours yet). Curses modifications, curses.

And picture:
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 September 2012, 15:58:35 by Redndwhite »
WASD -  Cherry MX Red

Custom keys to come. Soon

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Re: Just arrived today
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 15:57:39 »
Welcome to Geekhack! and great first post ;D

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 16:04:32 »
Spreading like wildfire in the workplaces!

Welcome to GH. You can now find more stuff to make you cooler than your coworkers.
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline jcrouse

« Reply #3 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 16:07:24 »
Yes, welcome. Enjoy your time here. Everyone is very nice and helpful.

Offline hashbaz

• Grand Ancient One
  • * Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #4 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 16:09:08 »
Welcome to wallethack.  You are now poor. :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 17:15:35 »
Welcome to Geekhack, also known as Wallethack.

Nice keyboard  :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline mistakemistake

• Global Loveinator
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 17:33:44 »
nice keyboard! welcome to gh

Offline Redndwhite

« Reply #7 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 17:59:21 »
Thanks everyone :D It seems really bland compared to everyone else's. I'm working on fixing this ordeal though.

MistakeMistake, that's a nice S2k you have there.

After the quick inspection of browsing the OT section, I can confirm the helpfulness of peoples on GH. Customizable keycaps are not far away.

I was poor to begin with, automotives, shaving, and bicycling are all rather expensive hobbies (yes, shaving is a hobby, so much smellies), now this. Oh no.

The wallethacking is currently being caused by actually wanting to buy a gaming rig for home. So I can actually use this masterpiece keyboard for wasting more time then the regular... So Reddit.
WASD -  Cherry MX Red

Custom keys to come. Soon

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 18:34:02 »
Not quite bland - sometimes simpler is better, besides I haven't seen a keyboard with that colour combination of keys yet, so your board is unique.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 19:10:39 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #10 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 20:32:12 »
Welcome! That's not bad for your first board! :D

Offline metalliqaz

• * Maker
  • Leopold fanboy
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 20:41:07 »
That was a good first post.  FYI, you should check out the Round4 group buy before it closes in a few days.  Or maybe you shouldn't.  I could have stuck with my trusty Leopold and never discovered geekhack.  I signed up and now I'm about to spend way too much money on 2 sets from 7bit.  You're in big trouble, buddy.

Offline Rafen

« Reply #12 on: Tue, 04 September 2012, 20:54:39 »
Welcome to Geekhack.

I hope you enjoy your new board and the many that follow. :p

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 02:02:47 »
Welcome to the slippery slope. = )

See you at the keyboardholics anonymous meetings XD
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline rayuki

• RAAAAAAR
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 05 September 2012, 02:31:47 »
welcome, and since im fairly new here and was in a similar boat i can say with FULL CONFIDENCE, DO NOT EVER TRY AND FIND OUT WHAT CC KEYS ARE!!!