geekhack Community > New Members

Hello GeekHack

(1/3) > >>

bitshifter1001:
Hello all,

Just joined and have started researching in an attempt to replace my current keyboard. Over the past 10 years I have exclusively been using the FingerWorks Touchstream LP. I'm not really sure if anyone here is familiar with the keyboard but it has been an excellent 10 years. Recently, the left side of my keyboard started dying and that is how I ended up here. Hopefully I can find something I can use for the next 10 years.

Cherry Reds and Topre seem to be interest me the most so far but its hard to tell since I haven't really used a keyboard with keys all that much. I can see that this is going to be time consuming as well as put a small dent in my savings. Ah, well.

Cheers!

----
For those who don't know what a Fingerworks Touchstream was: http://bit.ly/w0ixws

Computer-Lab in Basement:

rowdy:
Welcome to Geekhack!

Cherry MX switches are rated for 50 million keystrokes each, so almost any mechanical keyboard (with a couple of exceptions) should last you for at least 10 years.

jcrouse:
bienvenidos

bitshifter1001:

--- Quote from: rowdy on Wed, 05 September 2012, 17:25:45 ---Welcome to Geekhack!

Cherry MX switches are rated for 50 million keystrokes each, so almost any mechanical keyboard (with a couple of exceptions) should last you for at least 10 years.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Rowdy. 50 million keystrokes? Wow, I didn't know that!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version