Author Topic: Well, hello!  (Read 3375 times)

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
Well, hello!
« on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 19:44:03 »
Hey, I've lurked around a bit, and figured I should join. Right now I have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth (MX Brown), which I'm replacing with a Ducky shine 2 with MX Reds and Red LEDs as soon as possible. I also have a Belkin n52te that I modded with Cherry MX Reds and red LEDs (http://imgur.com/a/gRpMr)!

I play a relatively large number of games, and have a fairly nice computer, and am looking forward to having a fairly nice keyboard to match.

I'm 21, from Edmonton, Alberta, and am right now a student, so I'll have to hold back on buying too many things.   :rolleyes:
Ducky Shine 2 - MX Red with Red LEDs

Offline jcrouse

Re: Well, hello!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 19:47:43 »
Welcome to GeekHack. There is lots of good information and people here. Enjoy your stay.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 09 September 2012, 19:56:20 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

A nice variety you have to start with, but mind your wallet - you will be tempted to buy more ;)

Nice Belkin mod too, I have one of the original Nostromos which has felt horrible to use since I bought it (and consequently does not get much use).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 13:31:13 »
Welcome to GeekHack. But more importantly, do you play dota2? and if so, are you any good?
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 13:35:42 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline posthaste

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 14:02:07 »
Welcome to GeekHack!

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 21:13:02 »
Welcome to GeekHack. But more importantly, do you play dota2? and if so, are you any good?

Is DOTA 2 in open Beta? I play League of Legends right now, and I don't think I'm that good, but who knows, I really haven't played it much.

And thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Offline mnml

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 10 September 2012, 22:27:15 »
hey there! no, the beta for dota 2 is still closed :(

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 00:29:45 »

Is DOTA 2 in open Beta? I play League of Legends right now, and I don't think I'm that good, but who knows, I really haven't played it much.

LoL? LOL?

*looks away*

Dota2 is half open, you just need to pay for a beta key. = p Oh well, there is a geekhack steam group fyi.

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #9 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 01:23:48 »

LoL? LOL?

*looks away*

Dota2 is half open, you just need to pay for a beta key. = p Oh well, there is a geekhack steam group fyi.

If it counts for anything, I plan on trying Dota2 at some point.

Offline jwaz

• * based mod
  • #geekhack on freenode
Well, hello!
« Reply #10 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 01:31:25 »
dude, that N52TE is bad ass! I hope mine turns out half as well!

Welcome!

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 09:02:38 »

Good enough!

Offline CKTofu

• I don't even...
« Reply #12 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:39:26 »
dude, that N52TE is bad ass! I hope mine turns out half as well!

Welcome!

Thanks!

Good enough!

Excellent. I'm not sure if I want to buy in to the beta though...

Offline Halverson

• Traitor Supreme
  • GIRLSHARK WIZBRO
« Reply #13 on: Tue, 11 September 2012, 22:42:11 »
I play LoL and have the Dota2 beta....from a friend fo free! But the issue is, no one else wants in dota when LoL is free....in my current gaming group at least. And I'm not so great, so I don't want to play solo and piss people off! hah.

Oh yea, also, Welcome to GH CKTofu! Glad to see another Canadian in the ranks :D