Author Topic: Hello Geekhack, I'm Dave  (Read 4105 times)

Offline Dabboo

Hello Geekhack, I'm Dave
« on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 04:24:19 »
Hello to you all!

I'm Dave, I'm from Australia and I'm currently on a quest for key caps and cool new keyboards.
I currently have a CM Quickfire with Cherry Blues. This is my first mechanical keyboard and I've have it for just over 4 months I think. I absolutely adore it.

I also, just today, ordered my first set of 37 PBT keycaps which I bought from a well known contributor here who goes by the name of geek_feng.

I've read through a few different thread and I'm really keen to get into these group buys as well as classifieds, considering keycaps and other items seem to be harder to find in Australia.

Best wishes,

Dave.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention I do use Reddit a lot and I'm on there far more often than anywhere else, my Reddit username is the same. As the Geekhack one.
« Last Edit: Mon, 24 September 2012, 04:26:00 by Dabboo »
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.
PM me if you've got any you'd like to send to Australia, I'm happy to buy!

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
Re: Hello Geekhack, I'm Dave
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 07:46:04 »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline boost

• BOSTMOBILE
  • * Elevated Elder
  • NY Giants!!!
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 09:12:31 »
Welcome to gh Dave.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
"Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines."

-Enzo Ferrari

Offline absyrd

• CPT HYPE PADAWAN
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:20:35 »
Welcome to GH.

Good ol' geek_feng always makes his customers happy.

Best of luck with your continued "quest"!
My wife I a also push her button . But now she have her button push by a different men. So I buy a keyboard a mechanicale, she a reliable like a Fiat.

Offline swagpiratex

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 12:36:01 »
Welcome! I'm on Reddit too, but haven't been there for long. What are some good subreddits to subscribe to?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 17:08:09 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

There have been a few more Aussies joining up recently, and occasionally one will sell some keyboards in Classifieds which saves on the ridiculous shipping charges from o/s.

Key caps are much cheaper (in most cases) to ship from o/s.

Or there was talk of arranging an Aussie proxy to make Aussie group buys a bit cheaper.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 20:46:40 »
That'd be really cool.

I'd love to see a larger Aussie community of mechanical keyboard owners as most of you are from the US.

I'll also keep an eye on the classifieds!

Thanks.
I'm typing from a CM Quickfire with MX Blues.I'm also on a constant search for cool keycaps.

Offline The_Beast

• * Maker
  • I like wood ಠ_๏
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 24 September 2012, 21:28:14 »
Vendor Status: Sadly, not taking any orders/pre-orders at this time

Vendor Quick Links: | Vendor Forum | Hardwood Wrist Rests | Hardwood 60% Cases | Customer Gallery | Giveaway |

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 23:02:54 »
Welcome to GeekHack.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 26 September 2012, 23:51:44 »
Welcome! I'm on Reddit too, but haven't been there for long. What are some good subreddits to subscribe to?

Sorry for the late reply!

There are thousands of subreddits but /r/mechanicalkeyboards is up there. Full of cool information and there lots of great contibutors such as DanGWanG and ripster!

Dave.

Offline suprsmo

• Sydney, Australia
« Reply #10 on: Thu, 27 September 2012, 11:03:10 »
Much to learn. All in good time :)

Welcome formally dude :)
Poker
QFR

Offline hazeluff

• * Vendor
  • 光復香港
    • Hazeluff
« Reply #11 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:04:24 »

There are thousands of subreddits but /r/mechanicalkeyboards is up there. Full of cool information and there lots of great contibutors such as DanGWanG and ripster!

Dave.

A few weeks ago, /r/mechanical keyboards was basically just ripster. Was like a blast from the past seeing all that spam.
Fight For Freedom. Stand with Hong Kongers

Offline Dabboo

« Reply #12 on: Fri, 28 September 2012, 04:29:47 »

Dave.

A few weeks ago, /r/mechanical keyboards was basically just ripster. Was like a blast from the past seeing all that spam.

What's wrong with ripster? Has he done something that didn't agree with the geekhack community?

He seems like a very good contributor and often gives away keys as prizes.

Dave.

Offline Capitalistix

• Cherry MX Green Disciple
    • Uncanny Electronics
« Reply #13 on: Mon, 08 October 2012, 11:52:33 »
Show Image

I WAS JUST ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS! lmao

Anyways, welcome to GH!

Offline tillertow

« Reply #14 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 07:38:08 »
Welcome...i, myself am looking for some key caps atm....so many choices to pick from :D
FS: 6Gv2 Key caps ISO/scandinavian:
http://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=36427.0

Offline 4LI4Z

« Reply #15 on: Thu, 11 October 2012, 11:53:10 »
Heyho Dave, welcome to geekhack!
BLING BLING GOLD SPRING

ErgoClear Filco MJT2 TKL || Apple EK II || Hall Effect Keypad || Cherry G81 HAD || IBM M SSK