geekhack Community > Keyboards

Enhanced Quiet Touch vs Buckling Spring

<< < (6/6)

mr_sf_applet:

--- Quote from: fkeidjn ---
--- Quote from: mr_sf_applet ---Anybody know why old keyboards with blue Alps sliders command a sizable premium on eBay?
--- End quote ---

They're rarer than the white Alps.
--- End quote ---

Well yeah, but are they different in key action or feel? There was a Focus board with blue Alps sliders that sold for over $500 yesterday. It looked identical to the Focus FK102 at http://northgate-keyboard-repair.com/

fkeidjn:
There's not much of a difference, only the color.  I saw that ebay auction too.  Apparently, a guy from Japan through a commissioner found that keyboard to be rare.  There's the Suntouch keyboard with blue Alps as well.

xsphat:
whats next? blue springed model Ms?

mdf:
Well I got the enhanced quiet touch, and its not so great, its mushy just like a normal keyboard.  It does seem to take a bit more force to press the keys, but the result is the mush and bottoming out each time.  

I got a Scorpius M10 to replace it, and it is much nicer.  Its a lighter touch than the model M, so its takes some getting used to, but after using it for a week I really like it.  Once you get a feel for the lighter keys and their very crisp break its fine.  If anything is seems like I can type a little faster with it.

Its quieter than the M, but still makes more noise than a normal keyboard.  Its enough of a difference that its not grating on me after half hour or so of typing, and no one is complaining when I have them on speaker phone now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version