geekhack Community > Keyboards

Cherry G84-4100PTMUS

(1/2) > >>

ashort:
Been using this on my laptop for quite a while now.  I like it but...the key labels are starting to wear off.  Left shift is almost gone, "A", and "S", are about half gone.  If this keeps up, I'll have the coolest G84 on the planet (unlabelled ala HHKB).  However, I can't 'do' unlabelled because I am not a touch typist.

Anyone else have similar experience with a G84-4100?

Can I get something like with the brown cherries?

xsphat:
If you could find something like that with Cherry browns, we'd all sell our HHKBs. I've been looking for a small space saver with Cherry MXs for a long time. THe SMK88 is the smallest one I know of.

iMav:

--- Quote from: xsphat;3412 ---If you could find something like that with Cherry browns, we'd all sell our HHKBs. I've been looking for a small space saver with Cherry MXs for a long time. THe SMK88 is the smallest one I know of.
--- End quote ---

With that key layout, I would not sell my HHKB.  For me to use the SMK-88 or the 4100, I'd need either a full sized right shift key or the BS/Delete placed immediately above the enter key.

The SMK-88 is small enough that if it had one of these two key layout changes and a removable cable, it would be my portable keyboard (instead of the HHKB)...as I LOVE the feel of the Cherry blues.

xsphat:
My Scorpious M10 should get here tomorrow.

zerogravitas:

--- Quote from: xsphat;3415 ---My Scorpious M10 should get here tomorrow.
--- End quote ---

In how many pieces though? ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version