geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] QX Carmine Cloud PBT Keycaps Kit

<< < (3/3)

Cylent:

--- Quote from: jiminojimi on Sat, 20 August 2022, 07:56:12 ---
--- Quote from: Cylent on Wed, 17 August 2022, 23:29:18 ---
--- Quote from: andromache on Wed, 17 August 2022, 09:06:57 ---This basically looks like a MW Alpenglow clone.

--- End quote ---

Agreed. This is just "what if you took Alpenglow, inverted the gradient, and made all the colors and legends slightly worse."

--- End quote ---

Highly disagree. This is the equivalent of judging the best hamburger in the world with McDonalds. Quality and feel is different.

These caps represent a reflective glow when light hits the surface off the water. Appenglow is a view of a forest with no reflective glow. In fact to me it’s so different , the steps between each colour is different. It’s not an inverted appen glow.

But then again, everyone is different. My eyes are more sensitive to colour than the average person.

--- End quote ---

If you start by making an analogy to this set being like a McDonalds hamburger, that is already an indication as to the quality of the design.

LumiP:
I do actually like these colors, as I am a fan of both bright, and slightly more muted sunset/dusk type sets. But it's definitely comparable to Alpenglow so I don't think we should be trying to deflect from that. It's giving me a mash up of Osume style (though not as good) and Alpenglow, but with more obnoxious legends, lol.

Just want to note here that the set is up for GB literally while I'm typing this? So this is a uhhh, really fast IC? It doesn't really feel like an IC tbh, just an announcement.

I am also not familiar with QX at all so I dunno. I'm willing to consider but I see why no one's clamoring to jump on board. No samples of colors, the kit isn't even labeled--but I guess the price somewhat matches the compatibility and likely quality here, so there's that.

PS: MorePUS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version