Author Topic: How to make deals on Reddit  (Read 2908 times)

Offline phinix

• On a diet.. again.. don't ask...
How to make deals on Reddit
« on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 13:55:57 »
I want to sell things on reddit.
How should I make transactions via Paypal?
Just in case someone would pay via paypal and after I post the item, they chargeback or reverse?
Is it possible to scam like that?

How can I secure myself?
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Henrythewound

Re: How to make deals on Reddit
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 14:04:37 »
You can post in mechmarket and try to make trades/sales with only reputable folks with good purchase histories. The pattern for buying/selling over there seems to be requiring people to comment "PM" on your for sale post then PM you. This way you can see what their rep on the subreddit is. If you sell you send them a paypal invoice which offers some level of seller protection but I doubt anything is truly safe which is why you try to sell to those who have a good rep. I have 6-7 trades on there and all have gone well. Good luck

Offline Rob27shred

• Insane in the Membrane! 👻
« Reply #2 on: Tue, 22 October 2019, 16:04:01 »
Just in case someone would pay via paypal and after I post the item, they chargeback or reverse?

How can I secure myself?

No I don't think it is possible to scam like that through PP. If the customer tries to cancel the payment PP will contact the seller before allowing it. Also always give & take payments through the goods & services option. While it offers more in the way of protection for the buyer it does also offer some protection for the seller against scammers. Just be sure to deal with people who have a decently long tenured reddit account, are active in the MKB community on reddit, & have at least a few confirmed trades on r/mechmarket. There should be relatively little to worry about following those guidelines.

Offline phinix

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 09:50:21 »
Cool, thanks guys. I'll gonna try not to get myself scammed:)
9100 | 3070 | 8TB SSD + 2x 1TB SSD | Z390 Aorus Pro ITX | 16GB RAM | SFX 600W | Sentry 2.0 | Ruark Audio MR1 Mark II | LG OLED 48CX
Realforce 87u55 | CM QuickFire Rapid MX Blacks | NCR-80 87g Gateron Oil Kings | Logitech Pro Superlight
SA: Retro Petscii, 7bit Round6 'Symbiosis', Filco, Carbon Bone Cherry: GMK Laser, OG double shot caps, CRP APL GSA: Retro High-light HSA: Hyperfuse

::: Phinix Cube ::: Phinix Nano Tower ::: Phinix Aurora ::: Phinix Chimera ::: Phinix Retro :::

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 12:08:52 »

How can I secure myself?

Rent a domain, and then use shopify to make it look good. You can also use a variety of business apis and learn web design.

Why exactly are you wanting to scam someone anyways?

Offline phinix

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 15:06:52 »

How can I secure myself?

Rent a domain, and then use shopify to make it look good. You can also use a variety of business apis and learn web design.

Ha... ha...  :p

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 23 October 2019, 18:45:59 »

How can I secure myself?

:|

Ha... ha...  :p