Author Topic: The Epitome of 80s Kewl  (Read 3177 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
The Epitome of 80s Kewl
« on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 11:44:19 »
Long hair
Cigarette
Beer
Motorcycle
Jeans
Leather jacket

Xcerpt from film "The Blob (1988)". Everything has built up to this. Will we ever be this Kewl again?

229304-0

Offline Sniping

Re: The Epitome of 80s Kewl
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 14:34:08 »
i thought once upon a time in hollywood had this kind of feel to it. driving through the city in old topless coupes, so slick.

in unrelated news i bought that 55" refurb tcl TV. maybe i'll have to give once upon a time in hollywood a shot on the tv.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 14:46:49 »
When I was out smoking dressed as Venom Snake 3 separate people approached me to say how cool/sexy I looked. Pretty sure it was mostly the scars and eyepatch, but good lil egoboost that day.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 02 November 2019, 15:34:38 »
i thought once upon a time in hollywood had this kind of feel to it. driving through the city in old topless coupes, so slick.

in unrelated news i bought that 55" refurb tcl TV. maybe i'll have to give once upon a time in hollywood a shot on the tv.

Now u haz buy colorimeter for Calibrate..

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 01:11:58 »
I thought that said "Kew!" and expected XD Falcons and orange trams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kew,_Victoria
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 03 November 2019, 06:14:10 »
Long hair
Cigarette
Beer
Motorcycle
Jeans
Leather jacket

Xcerpt from film "The Blob (1988)". Everything has built up to this. Will we ever be this Kewl again?

(Attachment Link)

No it will not.

Offline iri

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:12:25 »

The residents still drive this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_(XD)
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #7 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:21:20 »
Long hair

Not just any long hair...my man is out here sporting a permed-mullet! :))
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:31:59 »

Only the ones with special culture. Everyone else has moved onto rebadged euro cars or overpriced, under featured Japanese 4x4s. Oh wait that is the top half of Straya.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:38:02 »
Long hair

I thought mullet requires shorter sides.. not up to date on mullets.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #10 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 17:53:23 »
Long hair

I thought mullet requires shorter sides.. not up to date on mullets.

That's your textbook definition of a mullet but they come in all flavors. He had to add the 80s flare of getting it permed. I believe as long as your hair is much longer in the back than compared to the sides and front than that classifies it as a mullet.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #11 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 19:43:43 »
That's your textbook definition of a mullet but they come in all flavors. He had to add the 80s flare of getting it permed. I believe as long as your hair is much longer in the back than compared to the sides and front than that classifies it as a mullet.

Very educational steezus, gekha/Massdrop should do a Best mullet contest.. Ery1 gets a mullet.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #12 on: Mon, 04 November 2019, 19:49:22 »

Very educational steezus, gekha/Massdrop should do a Best mullet contest.. Ery1 gets a mullet.

Show Image

It takes a special type of person to rock such an elegant look.

Offline iri

« Reply #13 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 14:56:16 »

Only the ones with special culture. Everyone else has moved onto rebadged euro cars or overpriced, under featured Japanese 4x4s. Oh wait that is the top half of Straya.
:D
In Russia, there is a meridian to the east of which, only government officials drive non-Japanese cars.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #14 on: Tue, 05 November 2019, 20:37:20 »

In Russia, there is a meridian to the east of which, only government officials drive non-Japanese cars.

Not going to lie, I have always wanted a Lada Niva.

Offline iri

« Reply #15 on: Wed, 06 November 2019, 02:28:36 »

Not going to lie, I have always wanted a Lada Niva.
The best vehicle to squash taipans!

-Ray Bradbury

Offline invariance

• ...here with all the other boson's
« Reply #16 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 12:43:51 »
If we’re talking about mullets, don’t forget the pack of Winnie blues rolled in the AC/DC T-shirt sleeve.
The only BS I
want to hear is
from a Model M:
PN:1391401
DOB: 04FEB87
      Wyse 85      Mtek K104
SMK Blue: Chicony KB-5181; HyperX Aqua: HyperX Alloy Origins *Yet-to-rebuild: A 69 key C. P. Clare Foam & Foil assy *Rubber: Digital LK46W-A2; uSoft Natural Pro RT9401, Natural Multimedia 1.0A RT9470, Natural Ergonomic 4000 KU-0460; "Avid" Sejin SLKR2233; "Diamond Touch" Mitsubishi 6511-PB

Offline DALExSNAIL

• The User Formerly Known as 'Formerly DudeSnail'
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 𝖋𝖚𝖈𝖐 𝖆𝖑𝖕𝖘
« Reply #17 on: Fri, 08 November 2019, 12:46:10 »
Man I love the 80s Blob movie.