Author Topic: Vote for Trump  (Read 166347 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Re: Vote for Trump
« Reply #650 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:39:11 »
Trump admin is floating the idea of a 10% tariff on ALL electronics and media not manufactured in America.

That includes but is not limited to all computer components, anything on a disc, phones, your keyboards... pretty much all electronics since America has limited, expensive, and poorly designed manufacturing processes for these items.

Now what do you have to say about a 10% additional tax on everything you care about?

No doubt it will suck for all the Philosophy grads expecting $75k out of College.

For the rest of us in the real world we'll simply curb our spending.  I know that seems like such an alien concept but there was a time when people didn't buy something unless they had the money.  Maybe it will help separate "need" from "want".

There's gonna be a riot if he does this..

Because there are simply too many things made outside the us right now...  and @ 10% + sales tax, no one making 40k will be able to afford anything at all..

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #651 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:40:33 »
First thing we need to implement is State of Jefferson...cut off the losers who live in SoCal like Nubbs and Demik...those guys suck.

Offline dante

« Reply #652 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:44:31 »
Trump admin is floating the idea of a 10% tariff on ALL electronics and media not manufactured in America.

That includes but is not limited to all computer components, anything on a disc, phones, your keyboards... pretty much all electronics since America has limited, expensive, and poorly designed manufacturing processes for these items.

Now what do you have to say about a 10% additional tax on everything you care about?

No doubt it will suck for all the Philosophy grads expecting $75k out of College.

For the rest of us in the real world we'll simply curb our spending.  I know that seems like such an alien concept but there was a time when people didn't buy something unless they had the money.  Maybe it will help separate "need" from "want".

Because there are simply too many things made outside the us right now...  and @ 10% + sales tax, no one making 40k will be able to afford anything at all..

There have been people rioting since 2016.  As they say - American's have short attention spans and I guess I just got used to them.

Where was the outrage in this?

You have issues with a 10% tariff - which a lot of our "friends" are already doing - but no outrage over Obama printing money and giving it away?

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #653 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:46:50 »
removed.
« Last Edit: Thu, 01 March 2018, 13:13:31 by alienman82 »

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #654 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:48:25 »
If you don't like America, then move to Canada with Halverson and Sifo.

Offline sek1ne

• Sek-eye-n
« Reply #655 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 19:51:00 »

Seriously, it's nice up here. I also don't think we'll be building a wall or imposing any tariffs on american goods. You do have to get used to multiple political parties though.
Biking is fun.

Offline dante

« Reply #656 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:02:26 »

Seriously, it's nice up here. I also don't think we'll be building a wall or imposing any tariffs on american goods. You do have to get used to multiple political parties though.

You don't have Portillos though. :(

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #657 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:12:48 »

There have been people rioting since 2016.  As they say - American's have short attention spans and I guess I just got used to them.

You have issues with a 10% tariff - which a lot of our "friends" are already doing - but no outrage over Obama printing money and giving it away?

Why should there be?  Did you read the whole article?  Or look for other sources of what really happened?

From your article:
"This is actually money that the Israelis have traditionally supported us giving to the Palestinians because it goes toward things like security reform and making sure the Palestinian Authority doesn't collapse, and that's actually in Israel's security interest," Harf said.

The money given to the Palestinians coincides with the $3.8 billion-a-year memorandum signed between the U.S. and Israel in September, guaranteeing a set level of funding for the Israelis over the next 10 years.

"We felt that was very important to sign under the Obama Administration to make sure the Israelis knew they were going to keep getting support from us," Harf said.

Harf said she does not think President Donald Trump will reverse this $221 million in funding.

"If we don't help the Palestinian Authority maintain stability, that's actually really bad for Israel's security," she said.

And from other sources:

Congress had initially approved the Palestinian funding in budget years 2015 and 2016, but at least two GOP lawmakers — Ed Royce of California, the chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, and Kay Granger of Texas, who sits on the House Appropriations Committee — had placed holds on it over moves the Palestinian Authority had taken to seek membership in international organizations. Congressional holds are generally respected by the executive branch but are not legally binding after funds have been allocated.

Nothing to see here.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #658 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:14:07 »

You don't have Portillos though. :(

Yea that....or Amazon Prime? I need that.

Offline dante

« Reply #659 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:21:52 »
^ I read the article and I don't agree with it.  Nor do I agree with giving money to Israel.

We are a nation that is $20 trillion in the hole and can't afford to have everyone living on our tit indefinitely.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #660 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:28:13 »
^ I read the article and I don't agree with it.  Nor do I agree with giving money to Israel.

We are a nation that is $20 trillion in the hole and can't afford to have everyone living on our tit indefinitely.

It seemed that you were implying that he did something illegal or underhanded in your prior post.  When its something that's been voted on, and process was followed.  Why should there be outrage over something that was already taken through the process?

Offline dante

« Reply #661 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 20:31:34 »

It seemed that you were implying that he did something illegal or underhanded in your prior post.  When its something that's been voted on, and process was followed.  Why should there be outrage over something that was already taken through the process?

I don't know.  I just don't know.  I think my underwear has spots of blood and it may be my time of the month.  I think I'm going to log off for the night.

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #662 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:28:52 »
LOL 10% tarrif on the **** you buy..... sounds familiar.

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
« Reply #663 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 21:38:18 »
Fun fact, the USA bombs countries into chaos and hellish conditions, and then bans immigration from those same countries.  If you ever wondered why people around the world might hate the USA, there is a pretty big reason right there. 

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/25/trumps-muslim-immigration-executive-order-if-we-bombed-you-we-ban-you/
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #664 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 22:25:15 »
Fun fact, the USA bombs countries into chaos and hellish conditions, and then bans immigration from those same countries.  If you ever wondered why people around the world might hate the USA, there is a pretty big reason right there. 

https://theintercept.com/2017/01/25/trumps-muslim-immigration-executive-order-if-we-bombed-you-we-ban-you/

If it's on the Internet, it's true..

Offline MykB77

« Reply #665 on: Wed, 25 January 2017, 23:24:02 »
If ya wanna head up to Canada, better move before there is another wall...  eh?

Offline dantan

« Reply #666 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 02:43:27 »

That's not done by Trump. That's done by all other US presidents - mostly swampy people who have at least one foot stuck in the Military Industrial Complex swamp.

Trump's contribution is the most expedient. Since these guys hate the US by now, the best way is to keep them from coming here.

Another thing to note: Obama raised the national debt from $10.626 trillion to $19.78 trillion. If I had $9.2 trillion to spend that wasn't mine, I could make the economy look pretty good for a number of years too.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #667 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 03:15:35 »

These destabilizing tactics are done on purpose..

A united middle east is too difficult on the oil front.

Think about it this way..  If YOU"RE smart enough to realize it's bad foreign policy..   Don't you think professional foreign policy makers know that as well ?

Yet they did it anyway..  WHY,  what was the reason.. ??

short sighted people continue to debate and point fingers,   they're looking at this completely wrong..

The more the middle east is at its own throat,,   the more easily the US can buy their oil,  and sell them Made In America Guns..

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #668 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 07:47:30 »

Just a testament to his awful job in office.

What's your evidence for this statement?  Can you think of a few things that he might have done well or accomplished?

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #669 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 07:49:27 »

Think about it this way..  If YOU"RE smart enough to realize it's bad foreign policy..   Don't you think professional foreign policy makers know that as well ?

short sighted people continue to debate and point fingers,   they're looking at this completely wrong..

The more the middle east is at its own throat,,   the more easily the US can buy their oil,  and sell them Made In America Guns..

Oh yea, I know.  Another reason is that if you create chaos there, it acts as a sponge for extremism, and might keep it away from our shores.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #670 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 08:05:29 »

What's not true about verifiable past and current meddling in the affairs of other countries, current military action in four of those countries (Somalia, Iraq, Syria, Yemen), and the anti-immigrant and anti-refugee executive orders regrading these countries yesterday?

If ya wanna head up to Canada, better move before there is another wall...  eh?

Not with those keyboard import prices I hear about all the time.   I'll be going to Mexico soon, before they build the wall.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #671 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:18:17 »

Yes, in a way, but I'd argue incompetence (or at least being misguided) over malefeasance.

We used to believe that communism was a real threat to our western democratic ideals, and we did all kinds of things to obliquely fight it--things to extend our influence. Things like arming what would become the taliban in Afghanistan to help fight the soviets in their war. Things like organizing the ascension to power of a western friendly dictator in Iran (and other places).

But things didn't work out how we thought, and then we helped install a western friendly dictator in Iraq to fight the mess we made in Iran. Then we fought that same person when he invaded western friendly Kuwait. As an aftermath to *that* decision we had to patrol Iraqi air space which necessitated maintaining military bases in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia. Well, the saudis might say one thing to our face, but after the USS Cole, the Khobar towers (look it up), and finally 9/11, it was clear to our government that we had to get the hell out of Saudi Arabia. Now, why it has been so important to protect the Saudi royals I will never know, but we decided it was easier to make up something about WMDs than to be truthful: the Saudis were selling us out, we had to get out of that country, and that meant Saddam Hussein had to go.

Which brings us to the messes in northern Iraq, Syria, and Yemen that most here are more familiar with. So while oil plays a role, it's not the only (or even most important) thing, and it's 70 years of cascading decisions that have to be considered. I think this had a significant impact on how Obama handled Syria (or didn't handle, depending on perspective).

But one last question for those here who still support Trump: with this last executive order banning entry for residents of certain countries, how do you feel about Saudi Arabia not being on that list? Why would someone who proclaims this to be about being tough on terrorism exclude many, but allow the country that sent us 3/4 of the 9/11 actors? Why would someone who yells about "radical Islamic" people allow the country that sponsors the most radical sect (Wahhabism)?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #672 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:35:01 »
Saudi Arabia has always been a special case because it supplies so much oil.

If we were not hypocritical, we would support and encourage free, open, secular democracies as our preferred allies, rather than shoring up horrible monarchies, theocracies, and/or otherwise bad specimens of governance because they are "friendly" to our desires ....
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #673 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:40:42 »
The titillating factoids just keep rolling in:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/310566-trumps-cabinet-picks-have-more-money-than-third-of-american

"The amount of wealth possessed by the 17 picks, at least $9.5 billion, is greater than the 43 million least wealthy households in America."

The alligators are being ferried into the swamp in limousines.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #674 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 10:55:38 »

Hmmm. Is that really it?

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #675 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:19:00 »
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #676 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:21:30 »

What's your evidence for this statement?  Can you think of a few things that he might have done well or accomplished?

That's the problem with politics in the US today.  People increasingly fall into the trap of ideological differences that the politicians have set (bread and circuses), while pursuing their own agendas.  Obama didn't/couldn't have done anything correctly or right, because he falls into a different bucket.  Trump can't/won't do anything right because he falls into a different bucket.

This is the failure of the imagination; reducing others whose beliefs and motivations you don’t understand to a literally subhuman category. You can use other words: barbarian, bigot, racist, sexist, hater, etc.  You 'other' people that don't agree with you in this fashion:

• I am a rational/good human being.
  • Because I am a rational/good human being, I believe X.
  • If you do not believe X, you are either ignorant, stupid, or evil.
  • Because you are ignorant, stupid, or evil, it is useless to debate with you and pointless to listen to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Righteous-Mind-Divided-Politics-Religion/dp/0307455777/

It is written by Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist. Haidt is a self-described liberal, but his research focuses on morality – its emotional foundations, cultural variations, and development.

Haidt basically argues that conservatives and liberals disagree because they are being motivated by different moral matrixes. When they see each other as “evil”, it’s because they don’t understand the moral matrix the other is operating from (Haidt is not a moral relativist, and does believe in evil, he just doesn’t apply the word to most political or philosophical disagreements).

I don’t agree with everything that Haidt says, but I recommend this book to everybody. He develops and works with a few axioms, two of which are:

There’s more to morality than harm and fairness.

Morality binds and blinds.

The second axiom sounds purely negative, but it’s not; rather it’s the acknowledgement that while a strong moral code can be a powerful tool for personal happiness and social order, at the same time it blinds us to the validity of competing moral codes.

The entire book is an exercise in the scholarly and scientific application of imagination to the problem of moral social conflict, and especially to the necessity of understanding the other side.  And this is important. Understanding does not mean agreement, and without proselytizing conservatism to liberals or liberalism to conservatives, Haidt (I think successfully), communicates how the artificial sides fall into specific views, and, I think anyone who reads this book will come a long way toward understanding how people, in a general and specific manner (family, friends, people that should 'know better'), voted differently in this divisive election.

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #677 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:27:16 »

Hmmm. Is that really it?

Show Image

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_oil_production

I know they are the largest producer. But they aren't our (USA) largest supplier. In fact, as shown in the imports graphic, we import about the same amount from Mexico, and it appears they don't deserve special treatment.  I think what you might find is that it isn't about USA oil at all, but again global politics and influence (look up where Europe gets their oil imports from).

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #678 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:47:47 »
I know they are the largest producer. But they aren't our (USA) largest supplier. In fact, as shown in the imports graphic, we import about the same amount from Mexico, and it appears they don't deserve special treatment.  I think what you might find is that it isn't about USA oil at all, but again global politics and influence (look up where Europe gets their oil imports from).

So you don't think the fact that Saudi Arabia produces the most oil has any influence on global politics?

Also this in relation to your oil import statement:

http://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-energy-how-much-what-type-and-where-from/

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #679 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 11:58:23 »

So you don't think the fact that Saudi Arabia produces the most oil has any influence on global politics?

Also this in relation to your oil import statement:

http://visual.ons.gov.uk/uk-energy-how-much-what-type-and-where-from/

No, they *totally* influence the global landscape, and having significant control of OPEC matters a lot. My point was around how people usually say that the US is meddling in the Middle East to keep the oil flowing to the US, and that's not entirely true. You can't cripple Russia's economy if you have to keep buying their oil, which means if we want our (USAs) sanctions to stick, then we need to make sure the EU has other sources. See also: why fight over who controls Syria and their Mediterranean port.

It's about more than simple resources is my big point, just because I hear people too often saying it's about our (USA) oil buying.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:00:33 by Spopepro »

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #680 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:35:08 »
OK. Well in that case I agree with you. My objection was that fohat did not specify that Saudi Arabia supplied oil to America. I would like to think that America is concerned enough about the rest of the world to be extra considerate of Saudi Arabia for all the reasons you just specified.

Offline ArchDill

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #681 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 12:46:13 »
Can't we all just be friends?

I'll be your friend...... wanna make love?

TIL THE NIGHT CLOSES INNNN!!!!

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #682 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 14:38:58 »

My objection was that fohat did not specify that Saudi Arabia supplied oil to America. I would like to think that America is concerned enough about the rest of the world to be extra considerate of Saudi Arabia for all the reasons you just specified.

I did not specify "to America" and I don't think that the US is concerned enough about the rest of the world for its (the world's) own sake as it is for how global conditions affect the US.

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #683 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 17:24:45 »

That's the problem with politics in the US today.  People increasingly fall into the trap of ideological differences that the politicians have set (bread and circuses), while pursuing their own agendas.  Obama didn't/couldn't have done anything correctly or right, because he falls into a different bucket.  Trump can't/won't do anything right because he falls into a different bucket.

This is the failure of the imagination; reducing others whose beliefs and motivations you don’t understand to a literally subhuman category. You can use other words: barbarian, bigot, racist, sexist, hater, etc.  You 'other' people that don't agree with you in this fashion:

• I am a rational/good human being.
  • Because I am a rational/good human being, I believe X.
  • If you do not believe X, you are either ignorant, stupid, or evil.
  • Because you are ignorant, stupid, or evil, it is useless to debate with you and pointless to listen to you.

https://www.amazon.com/Righteous-Mind-Divided-Politics-Religion/dp/0307455777/

It is written by Jonathan Haidt, a social psychologist. Haidt is a self-described liberal, but his research focuses on morality – its emotional foundations, cultural variations, and development.

Haidt basically argues that conservatives and liberals disagree because they are being motivated by different moral matrixes. When they see each other as “evil”, it’s because they don’t understand the moral matrix the other is operating from (Haidt is not a moral relativist, and does believe in evil, he just doesn’t apply the word to most political or philosophical disagreements).

I don’t agree with everything that Haidt says, but I recommend this book to everybody. He develops and works with a few axioms, two of which are:

There’s more to morality than harm and fairness.

Morality binds and blinds.

The second axiom sounds purely negative, but it’s not; rather it’s the acknowledgement that while a strong moral code can be a powerful tool for personal happiness and social order, at the same time it blinds us to the validity of competing moral codes.

The entire book is an exercise in the scholarly and scientific application of imagination to the problem of moral social conflict, and especially to the necessity of understanding the other side.  And this is important. Understanding does not mean agreement, and without proselytizing conservatism to liberals or liberalism to conservatives, Haidt (I think successfully), communicates how the artificial sides fall into specific views, and, I think anyonee acknowledgement that while a strong moral code can be a powerful tool for personal happiness and social order, at the same time it blinds us to the validity of competing moral codes.

The entire book is an exercise in the scholarly and scientific  who reads this book will come a long way toward understanding how people, in a general and specific manner (family, friends, people that should 'know better'), voted differently in this divisive election.

I'm pretty sure that your post is longer than the attention span of anyone that would benefit from reading it.  Let alone an entire book.

I do agree, understanding is absolutely essential.  Yet if we are not even willing to understand the other person's morals and values and how that influences their voting, but rather yell at each other in partisan anger, how would we get to that point?

It's important to consider where most Americans are obtaining their political arguments these days.  I imagine that it is not from healthy debate among peers, exchanging policy ideas based on competing evidence in order to convince the other party, accessing a variety of sources and analysis, or whatever traditional idea of political discussion that we have.  No, most of us seem to be getting our political information in snippets from social media and TV news, close friends and family, our deeply held values, our human nature, or our favorite website, most of which serve to create an opposition bogeyman that must be defeated at any cost and we need to stick by our man, no matter what they say or do.  In fact, the powers that be love to pit us against each other and choose sides, because it benefits their ability to impose their agenda.

There is a dangerous reductionism that occurs when we simply heap labels upon people because they are reduced to that label and then we can treat them as sub-human and be relieved from treating them with dignity.  See terms like liberals, racist, idiot, elite, immigrant, refugee, Muslim, Mexican, Chinese...the list goes on.  Which is why I cannot emphasize enough the importance of individual rights and considering of the humanity in each person.

I heard an interesting analysis of the election the other day.  What might matter the most in any election is how people feel about their economic situation and that of the jurisdiction, not necessarily what the evidence shows about the economic situation.  Tap into that and you can ride it to victory.
« Last Edit: Thu, 26 January 2017, 17:28:40 by vivalarevolución »

Offline ANightOnCloudNine

« Reply #684 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:39:28 »
this thread is ****in retarded

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #685 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 18:41:49 »
And it never dies!
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #686 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 19:14:27 »

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #687 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 19:46:49 »
And it never dies!

Neither does politics and people that like to talk about it.

Offline MandrewDavis

• Chasin' That Neon Rainbow
« Reply #688 on: Thu, 26 January 2017, 21:35:51 »
And it never dies!

Of course, but this is the longest running TP4 thread I have ever seen. Its a nice bit less charged now that the election process is over.
I've come to view humanity as predominantly monkey business.

My Classifieds Thread

Offline vivalarevolución

« Reply #689 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 06:05:19 »
And it never dies!

Of course, but this is the longest running TP4 thread I have ever seen. Its a nice bit less charged now that the election process is over.

I hope it stays charged as it becomes increasing obvious that the Republicans and Trump administration are attempting to dismantle our struggling democracy and use for their own plunder, capping off a process that has been underway for decades.

http://www.sfgate.com/weird/article/AlternativeFacts-com-redirects-to-an-article-10887496.php

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #690 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 07:04:34 »

capping off a process that has been underway for decades.

Since the election of the horrible hateful Reagan.

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #691 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 07:49:38 »
2017 is going to be the year that fascism returned to the First World.
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline dantan

« Reply #692 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 08:44:33 »
I don't think it is fascism. I think it is rebalancing.

The world had been going down the wrong path for too long, so eventually the old order would give way.

Unlimited mass migration, unlimited trade ignoring the welfare of the working class in one's own country, unconditional PC and acceptance of other religions without regard to the social tensions and conflicts, eventually it would have been too much to swallow for many people.

You may disagree with me, but plenty of people agree with me and that’s why Trump has considerable support despite his many flaws.

Trump may have won with a minority of the popular vote, but he won with a huge majority in the electoral college. If you consider counties, this victory is even more lopsided: 2623 to 489 counties for Hillary most of which are urban and pretty small.

If the USA were to split into 2 countries now, the ‘deplorables’ would own over 90% of the continental USA and Hillary would have just a handful of coastal cities plus Chicago. Remove all the illegal immigrants plus the children of illegal immigrants who got free citizenships and the vote just because they were born here, and Hillary’s majority will vanish.

If you are born to illegal immigrants, you should not be given citizenship. It’s common sense. If I snuck onto your land, I am a trespasser. If I give birth to children while trespassing on your land, can my children gain inheritance rights to YOUR land?

If George Soros disagrees, I think the best thing the 'deplorables' can do is to send pregnant activists into Soros' mansion to give birth. Tah dah, now George Soros will have to pay for the kids' education and welfare and they gain inheritance rights.  :thumb:

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #693 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 09:03:51 »
I don't think it is fascism. I think it is rebalancing.

The world had been going down the wrong path for too long, so eventually the old order would give way.

Unlimited mass migration, unlimited trade ignoring the welfare of the working class in one's own country, unconditional PC and acceptance of other religions without regard to the social tensions and conflicts, eventually it would have been too much to swallow for many people.

You may disagree with me, but plenty of people agree with me and that’s why Trump has considerable support despite his many flaws.

Trump may have won with a minority of the popular vote, but he won with a huge majority in the electoral college. If you consider counties, this victory is even more lopsided: 2623 to 489 counties for Hillary most of which are urban and pretty small.

If the USA were to split into 2 countries now, the ‘deplorables’ would own over 90% of the continental USA and Hillary would have just a handful of coastal cities plus Chicago. Remove all the illegal immigrants plus the children of illegal immigrants who got free citizenships and the vote just because they were born here, and Hillary’s majority will vanish.

If you are born to illegal immigrants, you should not be given citizenship. It’s common sense. If I snuck onto your land, I am a trespasser. If I give birth to children while trespassing on your land, can my children gain inheritance rights to YOUR land?

If George Soros disagrees, I think the best thing the 'deplorables' can do is to send pregnant activists into Soros' mansion to give birth. Tah dah, now George Soros will have to pay for the kids' education and welfare and they gain inheritance rights.  :thumb:

Hey dantan, is what is happening in South Dakota par of your "rebalancing"? The people (mostly republican, white, low-ish education levels) put an anti-corruption bill on the ballot, passed it, and the state legislature just called for emergency procedures to be able to eliminate it. You can read about it here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/24/south-dakota-republicans-are-about-to-get-rid-of-the-states-first-independent-ethics-commission/?utm_term=.d905051a86fa This won't the the last time in the coming years where lawmakers will fight to gut all of our voting rights and powers.

There's a word for when a single party system that rules from the top, ruthlessly and quickly, for the interest of the few under the guise of doing what's best for the nation because others can't be trusted. And it's not "rebalancing"

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #694 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 09:12:40 »

ignoring the welfare of the working class in one's own country

plenty of people agree with me and that’s why Trump has considerable support despite his many flaws.

It may take several years to see, but Trump will do immeasurable damage to the working class in the US.

His words and his actions are diametric opposites.

His supporters have not recognized this yet. Ignore his words - scrutinize his actions.

Offline dante

« Reply #695 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 09:58:42 »

plenty of people agree with me and that’s why Trump has considerable support despite his many flaws.

It may take several years to see, but Trump will do immeasurable damage to the working class in the US.

His supporters have not recognized this yet. Ignore his words - scrutinize his actions.

Are you willing to admit you were wrong if he proves otherwise?

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #696 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:16:55 »

hahahahahahahahhaa.,,, as a white american ? I doubt it...

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #697 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:21:16 »

I am always willing to admit that I was wrong if there is legitimate evidence to demonstrate it.

That is why the scientific method is essential to the progress of civilization.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #698 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:22:56 »

I am always willing to admit that I was wrong if there is legitimate evidence to demonstrate it.

That is why the scientific method is essential to the progress of civilization.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

THat's such a lie.. hahahaha.. every political / economic statement you've made on Geekhack has been proven wrong..

By Geekhack's chief political / economic strategist Tp4.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #699 on: Fri, 27 January 2017, 10:25:37 »
 In the grand scheme..

Trump will be good for HUMANITY..

Simply because he brings a great deal of shakeup to the status quo..

It's really not about policy or the sum you measure...  It's about awakening..