Author Topic: [IC] GMK SkIIdata (March 13 Launch)  (Read 80807 times)

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
Re: [IC] GMK SkIIdata (February 2019 NEW MOCKUPS)
« Reply #300 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 04:48:03 »
I think we're missing an R4 1.25u Fn key as well.

+1

Offline mimalik

« Reply #301 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 07:36:39 »
Also I understand orange mods may not everyone's cup of tea, is there a possibility to have them available to low MOQ but slightly higher prices? Those who love orange will bear the cost as we understand  its pull, and will be able to sleep w/o fearning that it may not make MOQ. If the kit sells well, then lower price at higher MOQ will please the buyers anyway.

Are you talking about this cluster? You're not being very specific. Orange mods are indeed available as an option.

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

My bad, I was referring to orange mods  cluster, as it appears that render is missing Insert key and was wondering why the render doesnt have Delete End Pg Dn as R2 keys. I know that colour orange is not of everyones liking, but if the full orange mod set is made available in this drop with low MOQ and higher price then, hopefully it will get the set made. I will buy the set even if ithe orange mods are not a complete set, but it would be better if the entire thing was offered.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
  • Because You Need the Feels...
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #302 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 07:42:01 »
Also I understand orange mods may not everyone's cup of tea, is there a possibility to have them available to low MOQ but slightly higher prices? Those who love orange will bear the cost as we understand  its pull, and will be able to sleep w/o fearning that it may not make MOQ. If the kit sells well, then lower price at higher MOQ will please the buyers anyway.

Are you talking about this cluster? You're not being very specific. Orange mods are indeed available as an option.

Show Image

(Attachment Link)

My bad, I was referring to orange mods  cluster, as it appears that render is missing Insert key and was wondering why the render doesnt have Delete End Pg Dn as R2 keys. I know that colour orange is not of everyones liking, but if the full orange mod set is made available in this drop with low MOQ and higher price then, hopefully it will get the set made. I will buy the set even if ithe orange mods are not a complete set, but it would be better if the entire thing was offered.

I want everyone to understand that adding more keys will make the kits more expensive. On Terminal the AE Mod kit has less keys than this already has, and the GB price was $90 for the kit. If we add more and with annual price increases this kit is going to cost >$100. Just want to make that clear.

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #303 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 08:04:51 »
I think we're missing an R4 1.25u Fn key as well.

+1. Make ‘em two, if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mimalik

« Reply #304 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 08:05:54 »

I want everyone to understand that adding more keys will make the kits more expensive. On Terminal the AE Mod kit has less keys than this already has, and the GB price was $90 for the kit. If we add more and with annual price increases this kit is going to cost >$100. Just want to make that clear.

Personally I am willing to pay. Its not a cheap hobby, but when its what one wants then one will pay for it.

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #305 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:30:20 »
I will absolutely be in for a base set. For everyone wanting the orange mods, I believe it's approaching the point where it'll be more practical to have a full blown orange set with alphas as well because the price will be only marginally lower than the base set. Not sure how you all feel about it, but if I have a choice between paying ~100 for orange mods or 140 for the same mod set with alphas, I'd rather buy the full orange set.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #306 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:38:05 »
I will absolutely be in for a base set. For everyone wanting the orange mods, I believe it's approaching the point where it'll be more practical to have a full blown orange set with alphas as well because the price will be only marginally lower than the base set. Not sure how you all feel about it, but if I have a choice between paying ~100 for orange mods or 140 for the same mod set with alphas, I'd rather buy the full orange set.

EDIT - Deleting this comment.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:42:40 by TheKeyCompany »

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #307 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:38:52 »
I personally think everything is fine the way it is right now.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #308 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:43:34 »

Im with you, Swayde. This project has been delayed long enough. Were splitting hairs over a navigation cluster. AFA Fn keys go, I can change the 1u SUPER keys to Fn. The 1.25u menu icon key can become Fn. Thats about all the changes Im willing to make at this point.

Janglad is working on the final renders. Im about to send off to GMK for a quote. Were going live in ~2 weeks.

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #309 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:44:57 »
New Kits. Not rendered yet. Im going to wait for some feedback.

GMK said they cant make the orange relegendable tops, so we only get clear. Also removed the blue spacebars completely. I dont feel they look right on the kit, they are available for purchase other places, and keeping them out keeps the kits prices down. Lets hear what y'all have to say! Hope you dig.

Still hoping against hope to get the full orange modifiers! (Looks like Insert is the only missing key?)

If youre hoping to get the entire navigation cluster in orange thats 5 additional keys we would need. Personally, I dont think it looks right when the nav cluster is all the alt color, Im open to suggestions. But I cant add 5 keys for one or two voices.

Anyone want to chime in?

So this set was never meant for a full sized kb. Got it. Alright, count me out. I'd rather make a set on Maxkeys than settle for a mismatched, incomplete set. Odd to support niche keyboard sizes, but, you know, not the most common. I really do appreciate you doing this GB, but sad to see it fall flat on its face for my dream. So it goes.

For visual reference, this is what I want (I know the colors are off), and have been pining for since mid-2016. Orange is my favorite color, so the orange nav cluster (Thanks, I didn't know what to call this before!) looks super slick to me. Would look fantastic on my IKBC MF108. Ah well, off to maxkeys! Hope everyone else enjoys this set! It does look fantastic. I just refuse to settle for anything but exactly what I want. :)

Show Image

If what you want is exactly what you've stated, you'll have a hard time with Maxkeys. They dont offer much compatibility and their cap profile is entirely different from GMK.

Offline smurkcity12

« Reply #310 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:45:22 »

Im with you, Swayde. This project has been delayed long enough. Were splitting hairs over a navigation cluster. AFA Fn keys go, I can change the 1u SUPER keys to Fn. The 1.25u menu icon key can become Fn. Thats about all the changes Im willing to make at this point.

Janglad is working on the final renders. Im about to send off to GMK for a quote. Were going live in ~2 weeks.
Yeah I agree. I'm likely picking up the base kit only this time, and I've been excited about this for long enough lol

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #311 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:49:42 »
AFA Fn keys go, I can change the 1u SUPER keys to Fn.

Please, don't. That would only annoy winkeyless PC users.

The 1.25u menu icon key can become Fn.

That would actually work pretty well for me (others are welcome to disagree, of course). I think one R4 1.25u Fn key is better than nothing.

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #312 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:54:09 »
Disagree on changing the 1u SUPERs to Fn.

I think Enrique was the only one to ask for additional FNs, and he wanted 1.25u. No need to change the 1u Supers

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline wholypantalones

• text and icon mods plz.
« Reply #313 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 10:59:51 »

I think Enrique was the only one to ask for additional FNs, and he wanted 1.25u. No need to change the 1u Supers

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Yesh please. Don't ditch the supers for Fn keys.

The 1.25u menu icon key can become Fn.

A 1.25 Fn and a 1u Fn are perfectly fine. Does anyone even use the menu key any more in light of programmable layers?

Offline Sparkrdom

« Reply #314 on: Thu, 24 January 2019, 16:23:59 »
If what you want is exactly what you've stated, you'll have a hard time with Maxkeys. They dont offer much compatibility and their cap profile is entirely different from GMK.

Eh, not quite. The mockup I posted was from MaxKey's customizer. It's definitely not as high quality as this GB will be, but it nails the aesthetic I want. Compatibility and cap profile are negligible for me. I appreciate the input though!

Offline dPaK

« Reply #315 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 06:44:30 »
I'm in, I was waiting long time for Skiidata respawn. Do you have the Orange Pantone?

Offline fatpolomanjr

« Reply #316 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 07:11:05 »

For the love of god please keep the 1u Supers. Tokyo Nights 1u supers are completely dead to me because of the tacky windows icons. Supers make super sense. Hell even the little diamond or, worst case, Code, is better  than windows icons. Fn changes the meaning of the key altogether.
Some guys keep on saying they believe in Jesus, and keep doing a lot of shameful things.
Current GH Classified Post (LF Arcade Floor, Garbield and CYM Otter and Keyng)

Offline RETURNISO

• I do get excited about keyboard stuff..
« Reply #317 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 07:14:43 »

For the love of god please keep the 1u Supers. Tokyo Nights 1u supers are completely dead to me because of the tacky windows icons. Supers make super sense. Hell even the little diamond or, worst case, Code, is better  than windows icons. Fn changes the meaning of the key altogether.

+1

Offline dPaK

« Reply #318 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 09:32:27 »
Don't want Windows key either..

Offline Drilldriver

« Reply #319 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 07:45:11 »
I'd hit it

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #320 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 08:34:04 »
Don't want Windows key either..

TKC doesn’t “do” Windows keys :-)

Offline dPaK

« Reply #321 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 17:41:52 »
I propose the name Skiidata ε, in mention to epsilon.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #322 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 23:36:00 »
Have a price estimate on the relegendables? I use a few macros and would like nice ones like these.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #323 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 02:41:53 »
About the convex spacebar sizes, I've noticed that most of the existing split bar keyboards, in order to reach 6.25, use 2.75+1.25+2.25. So I wonder why GMK didn't think of offering a 1.25 convex spacebar. Right now their offer includes 1 2 2.25 2.75. I don't know if the OP considers it worth to ask gmk for a new 1.25 convex keycap.

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #324 on: Mon, 28 January 2019, 09:50:06 »
Just lock the kits already and get this show on the road!  :cool:

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #325 on: Tue, 29 January 2019, 09:36:25 »
About the convex spacebar sizes, I've noticed that most of the existing split bar keyboards, in order to reach 6.25, use 2.75+1.25+2.25. So I wonder why GMK didn't think of offering a 1.25 convex spacebar. Right now their offer includes 1 2 2.25 2.75. I don't know if the OP considers it worth to ask gmk for a new 1.25 convex keycap.

It took a few years of asking for them to finally make the 2.25 and 2.75 spacebars convex. I don't think its going to happen on this GB, sorry.

Offline cldskt

• Wallet and hobby aren't friends
« Reply #326 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 08:43:00 »
Interested!

NE Asian proxy avail

"Addiction is buying the things that I don't need with the money I don't have." - me
"Spending $500 on your first custom is justified." - also me

Offline mimalik

« Reply #327 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 08:32:09 »
So is this happening after Katakana drop ends or will run simultanoeusly?

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #328 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 10:31:12 »
So is this happening after Katakana drop ends or will run simultanoeusly?

I may launch SkIIdata while Katakana is running. Depends on sales really.

Offline William_S_Jones

• Best Prime Ever!!!
[IC] GMK SkIIdata (February 2019 NEW MOCKUPS)
« Reply #329 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 12:44:23 »
Just want to say “thanks TKC for always providing universal 40% support w/ your GBs!”

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #330 on: Wed, 13 February 2019, 09:18:31 »
TKC update states that this is on schedule for March. Was hoping for February, but oh well. :(

Offline TheKeyCompany

• * Vendor
    • The Key Dot Company
« Reply #331 on: Fri, 15 February 2019, 13:37:23 »
TKC update states that this is on schedule for March. Was hoping for February, but oh well. :(

Its gonna be March!

Offline Retrias

« Reply #332 on: Sat, 16 February 2019, 07:36:53 »
can we just get a space bar kit ? I already got everything else from last run

Offline tipsyboo

« Reply #333 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 22:14:37 »
REEEEEEE I can't wait any longer ^_^

Offline vicissitude

« Reply #334 on: Sun, 17 February 2019, 23:19:34 »

Its gonna be March!

Yesss. Finally.
Can't wait to buy this.

Offline iliketimex

« Reply #335 on: Mon, 18 February 2019, 09:44:50 »
I need more keyboard stuff like I need a hole in the head but I'd order the modifier set at least.

Offline sam278

« Reply #336 on: Sun, 24 February 2019, 02:01:19 »
Just wanted to say I'm really looking forward to this set -- this has been my endgame set for a while and I've been dying to see another GB. Sorry if I missed it somewhere but is there a price estimate on this set yet?

Offline P1kas

• AKA Crono
« Reply #337 on: Mon, 25 February 2019, 22:47:51 »
Not price estimate yet.

I'd imagine the base kit will cost a similar amount to what he charged for the base kit in the Terminal R2 group buy.

As for the mod kit, he mentioned that it might be a bit over $100 at some point in this thread.

There is no such thing as "too much orange."

Offline sam278

« Reply #338 on: Thu, 28 February 2019, 00:57:29 »
Will this set have the "μ" sublegend on the M key as well as an "@" symbol on the Q like Skidata+?

The kit mockups show the μ legend but not the @, but it seems strange to me to have one but not the other.

Offline BlackInk

• "Manners maketh man"
    • TeamGSB
Re: [IC] GMK SkIIdata (March 8 Launch)
« Reply #339 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:16:21 »
japanese legends on alpha?

Offline DJSwayde

« Reply #340 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:22:17 »
Pls no.

Mains: Bakers CL64 (silver)   |   CannonKeys Bakeneko60 (black)   |   Carolina Mech Palmetto (black)   |   LSJ Ares (silver)   |   LZ CLS h (silver)   |   Monokei Kei R1 (standard red, HHKB)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 1 (PD-KB300BN)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 (PD-KB400B)   |   PFU Limited HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (PD-KB400WS)   |   SINGAKBD x TGR Unikorn R1 (black)   |   Weaston GSKT-00 R1 (gray [re-anodized silver, HHKB])   |   Weaston GSKT-00-Z (silver, AEK HHKB)

Alps: Apple Extended Keyboard II (M3501, Taiwanese)   |   Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116, US)   |   Dell AT101 (GYI3PVAT101, US)    |   IBM Multistation 5556-001 (Chinese)   |   IBM P70 (ANSI-US, 06-89)   |   MET Micro Officer 6000 (R315-00)   |   SGI AT-101 "Beige"   |   Zenith Data Systems TurbosPORT 386
Cherry: G80-3000LPCXY-2 #1   |   G80-3000LPCXY-2 #2   |   G80-3485LWNUS #1 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G80-3485LWNUS #2 (Das Keyboard II)   |   G81-1281SAW (Zenith Data Systems)   |   G81-3000SAT   |   G81-3090SAQ (Schneider)   |   G81-3100SEBUS
Topre: PFU Limited HHKB Blank (charcoal [PD-KB300BN])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (charcoal [PD-KB400B])   |   PFU Limited HHKB Printed (gray [PD-KB400WS])   |   Realforce 91UDK-G (NG02B0)   |   Realforce 103UB (SE42B0)   |   Realforce Taiwanese kit (dark gray)   |   Sony BKE-9400A   |   Sony MKS-8050

Collection

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #341 on: Sat, 02 March 2019, 22:23:41 »

Maybe as an add-on set. Not in the base, though.

Offline sam278

« Reply #342 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 00:56:53 »

Definitely not. The GB starts in less than a week there won't be any changes to what you see in the renders

Offline oh_chesteroni

« Reply #343 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 10:18:21 »
So accent enter and esc didn't make it into the base kit eh?

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #344 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 10:30:48 »

Apparently. Which is quite sad. :(

Offline piit79

« Reply #345 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 12:58:29 »

That is a big shame. Doesn't make much sense... Thought Esc+Enter accents are usually standard.

Quite possibly a reason for me not to order. And man, do I love orange... :(

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Offline sakodo

« Reply #346 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 15:08:51 »
Looks nice, interested.

Offline enrique.aliaga

« Reply #347 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 15:09:49 »

That is a big shame. Doesn't make much sense... Thought Esc+Enter accents are usually standard.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T with a rubbish gimmicky bloody annoying unreliable in-display fingerprint reader using Tapatalk

Same here... was really expecting the base kit to come with some accents (a là Terminal). Without them, this GB looks less appealing to me.

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #348 on: Sun, 03 March 2019, 23:10:27 »
AltGr is ridiculous. Yes I use ISO. You could remove that and consider some accents

Offline Namkhanhv

« Reply #349 on: Mon, 04 March 2019, 00:25:36 »

I concur