Author Topic: Keyboard sounds newbie question  (Read 1236 times)

Offline tap132

Keyboard sounds newbie question
« on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 10:47:59 »
Hello all Im new to the hobby and i cant seem to find the answer to my question. Which part of the keyboard make the thocc sounds. Is it just the switch alone with film and lube or does the actual keyboard makes a big difference? I currently using a k66 and planning on upgrading bit by bit starting with buying a switch Im planning on buying a Mauve/Tangerine

Offline icrchi

Re: Keyboard sounds newbie question
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 02 December 2020, 11:11:45 »
Yes, the keyboard itself influeces the sound. If you want a nice sound with those tangerines, I recomend you build a keyboard from scratch. It is also easier than desoldering the switches from your corsair and soldering the tangerines. They would be wasted in it in my opinion.
aka u/iCrafterChips

Offline yui

Re: Keyboard sounds newbie question
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 03 December 2020, 04:20:44 »
the thing, everything will impact the sound, although the most notable ones will be the plate and/or pcb, as those are stuck to the switch and will make for the bulk of the sound transmission, as a rule of thumb the harder they are the higher pitch the resulting sound would be, and then the shape of the case will also alter the sound a bit but it will be secondary and the effects are going to be much harder to control.
vi vi vi - the roman number of the beast (Plan9 fortune)