Author Topic: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (firmware is updated)  (Read 70984 times)

Offline hansichen

Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 16:53:48 »
Looks really nice, tempting. All plates except the custom carbon fibre ones are wkl hhkb only? Will you provide the plate files so that everyone can get custom metal plates cut?

And do you have a sample picture with gmk caps? I wonder how it'll look with not so tall caps :D

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 19:02:53 »

Thanks! Honestly the biggest problem for me right now is deciding colours  :))

I'll be the same if I don't have a Dasher keyset. I would probably choose some simple color combos such as black&white, grey&black. I hope someone can come up with some really awesome color combos though.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #52 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 19:13:36 »
Looks really nice, tempting. All plates except the custom carbon fibre ones are wkl hhkb only? Will you provide the plate files so that everyone can get custom metal plates cut?

And do you have a sample picture with gmk caps? I wonder how it'll look with not so tall caps :D

Here is the supported layout. It's kinda like the layout RAMA M60-A supports.

Sure I can upload the plate files if anyone needs it.

I have tested GMK caps on the prototype case. My GMK set didn't match the case color very well tbh. I anticipated someone would ask this question so I plan to borrow some sets from my friends and take some more photos. Hope the result turns out to be good. I'd be disappinted if everyone in the GB choose blue top and white bottom.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #53 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 19:30:55 »
After filling out the forum, how/when will payment be collected?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #54 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 19:43:59 »

I'll send out the invoiced before GB close. The deadline for payment is the next day after GB close. Let me know if anyone plan to join but need more time to collect money.

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #55 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 23:18:11 »

Thanks! Honestly the biggest problem for me right now is deciding colours  :))

I'll be the same if I don't have a Dasher keyset. I would probably choose some simple color combos such as black&white, grey&black. I hope someone can come up with some really awesome color combos though.
I don't have the dasher set... :( but I plan on getting it. Doesn't feel right putting any other keyset on a board that says 'Modern Dasher' lo

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Offline lazyfart

« Reply #56 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 23:19:21 »

I have tested GMK caps on the prototype case. My GMK set didn't match the case color very well tbh. I anticipated someone would ask this question so I plan to borrow some sets from my friends and take some more photos. Hope the result turns out to be good. I'd be disappinted if everyone in the GB choose blue top and white bottom.
When will the new pictures come out? I already placed my order, but if I can change colours I might.

Offline RivieraS

• Yutop
« Reply #57 on: Thu, 18 October 2018, 23:23:39 »

We may need more color renderings
« Last Edit: Thu, 18 October 2018, 23:27:32 by RivieraS »

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #58 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 01:15:48 »

I'll send out the invoiced before GB close. The deadline for payment is the next day after GB close. Let me know if anyone plan to join but need more time to collect money.
Good to know only problem is that I filled out more than one forum since I used the wrong email. If you could send the invoices separately so I can choose which one is correct that would be great.

Offline zslane

« Reply #59 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 11:50:12 »
Doesn't feel right putting any other keyset on a board that says 'Modern Dasher'

Doesn't make much sense either. But it is extremely common for people to buy a tribute product even though they have no interest in or regard for the original thing it is a tribute of. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #60 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 13:33:42 »
after giving this some thought i think a number of the SA keycaps would look good on this if you matched the top plate colors. 

what i'm more uncertain about is other profiles like GMK or DSA which are not as high. 

it would be super interesting to see two similiar caps in different profiles on this case (e.g. GMK vs SA Carbon, SA Godspeed vs XDA Godspeed etc) 

and incidentally if zslane were to buy one of these, is there really any question what keycaps he would put on it?  btw, waiting with anticipation for my rocketeer kb!

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 15:14:51 »
after giving this some thought i think a number of the SA keycaps would look good on this if you matched the top plate colors. 

what i'm more uncertain about is other profiles like GMK or DSA which are not as high. 

it would be super interesting to see two similiar caps in different profiles on this case (e.g. GMK vs SA Carbon, SA Godspeed vs XDA Godspeed etc) 

and incidentally if zslane were to buy one of these, is there really any question what keycaps he would put on it?  btw, waiting with anticipation for my rocketeer kb!

You know, after all of these keycaps and all of this time, I still think Dasher has the best colors.  I don't know why, but the saturation levels and that blue are just perfect in my eyes.  I'd say 9009, muted, and Dasher are my top 3 of all time.

Personally, I'm still thinking about doing the darker Pantone from ye_cole's Royalty set for the top and dark gray or silver for the bottom.  I would do both the dark and light pantones, but it seems unlikely they would turn out exactly right, and then I'd have 4 colors of burgundy.  In addition, I will probably pick up a dark gray or white extra top piece for other builds down the road.  I change my mind a lot :P

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 15:53:11 »

You know, after all of these keycaps and all of this time, I still think Dasher has the best colors.  I don't know why, but the saturation levels and that blue are just perfect in my eyes.  I'd say 9009, muted, and Dasher are my top 3 of all time.

Personally, I'm still thinking about doing the darker Pantone from ye_cole's Royalty set for the top and dark gray or silver for the bottom.  I would do both the dark and light pantones, but it seems unlikely they would turn out exactly right, and then I'd have 4 colors of burgundy.  In addition, I will probably pick up a dark gray or white extra top piece for other builds down the road.  I change my mind a lot :P

I love that deep dark red color from Royalty so much. It's such a shame that he finally decided to go with Maxkey instead. I'm just hoping one day Royalty or a similar dark red set will be done through SP and I'm all in!

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 16:01:15 »
When will the new pictures come out? I already placed my order, but if I can change colours I might.

My friend is shipping a GMK 9009 set to me. I'll take some photos when I receive it.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 16:02:41 »

I'm not good at rendering but here you are.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #65 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 16:03:40 »
Good to know only problem is that I filled out more than one forum since I used the wrong email. If you could send the invoices separately so I can choose which one is correct that would be great.

No problem

Offline chyros

• a.k.a. Thomas
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Hello and welcome.
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 16:33:13 »
This is waaay more than I can afford, but can I just say, this is one of the coolest custom things I've ever seen in my life xD .
Check my keyboard video reviews:

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 21:03:08 »

so i agree that dasher/dancer is still iconic keyset even 3 years later.   i just picked up a dancer set, but putting it on this board is not that simple.   i just have the tkl set, so no extension keys, so my issues: 
get the standard with the 1u win keys, and source 1u bottom row keys and a 1u backspace
get the wkl, source the 1u backspace and 7u spacebar (at least SP still sell this)
at least hhkb is not for me

either way is tricky because if you dont have these oddball keys, and you wouldnt unless you bought it to handle an ortho and wkl board 3 years ago

with all that said, im still thinking if jumping in!

and is getting a second top piece an option?  i did not see that.

« Last Edit: Fri, 19 October 2018, 21:16:58 by mxgian99 »

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 21:34:20 »

I'm not good at rendering but here you are.

Oh wow, that black and white one...

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 22:49:13 »
This is waaay more than I can afford, but can I just say, this is one of the coolest custom things I've ever seen in my life xD .

Being a big fan of your youtube channel I'm flattered. Thanks!

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 19 October 2018, 22:53:37 »

so i agree that dasher/dancer is still iconic keyset even 3 years later.   i just picked up a dancer set, but putting it on this board is not that simple.   i just have the tkl set, so no extension keys, so my issues: 
get the standard with the 1u win keys, and source 1u bottom row keys and a 1u backspace
get the wkl, source the 1u backspace and 7u spacebar (at least SP still sell this)
at least hhkb is not for me

either way is tricky because if you dont have these oddball keys, and you wouldnt unless you bought it to handle an ortho and wkl board 3 years ago

with all that said, im still thinking if jumping in!

and is getting a second top piece an option?  i did not see that.

Remember there's a custom carbon fiber plate option? Maybe you can order a plate which supports 2u backspace if that can make it easier. You will have to use third party PCBs in that way though.

Yes I can sell you a second top piece if this problem bothers you that much. PM me if you need.

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #71 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 00:23:45 »
Is there a way to edit the GB submission instead of making a new one? I don't want to overload the creator with different submissions but only have one that I want.

Offline kimwonsik

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 01:34:50 »
 :thumb: When will the invoice be sent?

Offline TheMastermind

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 02:01:05 »
:thumb: When will the invoice be sent?
I think the they said sometime around the end of the GB.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:04:11 »
Is there a way to edit the GB submission instead of making a new one? I don't want to overload the creator with different submissions but only have one that I want.

You can just PM me for the revisions.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:09:52 »

Here are the Dasher 9009 pics. The colorway doesn't really match perfectly not bad imho. It proves again that 9009 matches everything :)

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #76 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 09:14:59 »
hi, thanks for the additional pics.  i just noticed that the right shift is also a small shiftt, is that required for this plate+PCB? 

how much would an extra top plate be?  would be interested in having a different color top plate (maybe even in a different layout for a different plate), then could do WKL or standard depending on mood or keycaps
« Last Edit: Sat, 20 October 2018, 10:08:27 by mxgian99 »

Offline beekey

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 11:04:19 »
Will you release the plate DXF files after the GB, so we could do custom top mount plates? I prefer steel and split space layouts.
Sure, I know I can use tray mount plates, but would like to feel the difference.

Offline zslane

« Reply #78 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 11:54:23 »
so i agree that dasher/dancer is still iconic keyset even 3 years later.   i just picked up a dancer set, but putting it on this board is not that simple.   i just have the tkl set, so no extension keys

Why not just put a normal 60% board inside this case and use the Dancer keys on that?

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 12:06:33 »
so i agree that dasher/dancer is still iconic keyset even 3 years later.   i just picked up a dancer set, but putting it on this board is not that simple.   i just have the tkl set, so no extension keys

Why not just put a normal 60% board inside this case and use the Dancer keys on that?

maybe i'm over complicating things, is this the easy/simple solution to my problem?  so going with a standard 60 plate (and a matching PCB) would then allow for a more standard layout?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #80 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 15:45:28 »
hi, thanks for the additional pics.  i just noticed that the right shift is also a small shiftt, is that required for this plate+PCB? 

how much would an extra top plate be?  would be interested in having a different color top plate (maybe even in a different layout for a different plate), then could do WKL or standard depending on mood or keycaps

maybe i'm over complicating things, is this the easy/simple solution to my problem?  so going with a standard 60 plate (and a matching PCB) would then allow for a more standard layout?

An extra top case is $100.

Yeah, you can just order a custom ANSI layout carbon fiber plate and buy a normal 60% PCB (satan, xiudi, dz60).

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #81 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 15:45:56 »
Will you release the plate DXF files after the GB, so we could do custom top mount plates? I prefer steel and split space layouts.
Sure, I know I can use tray mount plates, but would like to feel the difference.

Yes, I will.

Offline mxgian99

« Reply #82 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 16:30:50 »

ok that makes sense, so for the CF plate that you can provide, one of the options would be standard ansi (so no need to modify etc), so that's a good option.  maybe i can order the standard package with the brass plate and add an ansi plate if i want to use a more standard layout later. 

ok, now just to decide if i want to build it for dasher/dancer or more neutral set....

An extra top case is $100.

Yeah, you can just order a custom ANSI layout carbon fiber plate and buy a normal 60% PCB (satan, xiudi, dz60).

Offline beekey

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 20 October 2018, 17:00:11 »

Yes, I will.
Awesome, thank you. Looking forward to this beauty.  :thumb:

Offline zslane

« Reply #84 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 12:00:36 »

Or you could just buy a Vortex Pok3r and ditch its stock case in favor of the D60.

Offline japanesehorrorwriter

« Reply #85 on: Sun, 21 October 2018, 23:39:49 »
I would love the option to buy an extra top case part as well.
Will PM you when the invoices go out.
Excited for this one.

Offline papa

« Reply #86 on: Tue, 23 October 2018, 23:05:47 »
Looks very nice.

Offline hhkbp2

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 00:18:06 »
I would like to have one set in the same colors as the showed sample(blue alu plate), with HHKB layout, badget, one extra brass plate.

I choose these options:

Layout:
HHKB

Top Case:
Dark Blue

Bottom Case:
E-white

Badge:
E-White

Plate:
Dark Blue

PCB number:

Second plate:
brass

Second badget:
No

Are these options correct?

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #88 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 12:47:27 »
I would like to have one set in the same colors as the showed sample(blue alu plate), with HHKB layout, badget, one extra brass plate.

I choose these options:

Layout:
HHKB

Top Case:
Dark Blue

Bottom Case:
E-white

Badge:
E-White

Plate:
Dark Blue

PCB number:

Second plate:
brass

Second badget:
No

Are these options correct?

The prototype doesn't have a badge. It was a sticker on it. Apart from the badge, your options are correct.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #89 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 18:54:54 »

Some better renders finished by Trianglelab.

Offline 112227

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 20:34:37 »
Can you get it without the badge? It would drive me nuts that it is not aligned to the right.

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #91 on: Wed, 24 October 2018, 21:36:38 »
Can you get it without the badge? It would drive me nuts that it is not aligned to the right.

No. Offering no badge version means there will be 6 different types of top cases. Senter will kill me lol

Offline 112227

« Reply #92 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 00:21:03 »
any reason why the badge would not be flush with the right-most keys like the original design? I don't think I can get over the badge or where it is unfortunately. GLWGB

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #93 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 00:39:16 »
any reason why the badge would not be flush with the right-most keys like the original design? I don't think I can get over the badge or where it is unfortunately. GLWGB

Hmmm... that's actually a good question.  I see no reason why it wouldn't be right aligned to the edge of the keycaps. Weird

BTW, that new render looks awesome.  Would that be a silver or gray base?
« Last Edit: Thu, 25 October 2018, 00:46:10 by pixelpusher »

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #94 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 08:31:51 »

Hmmm... that's actually a good question.  I see no reason why it wouldn't be right aligned to the edge of the keycaps. Weird

Thanks. I'm not good at rendering. Credit goes to Trianglelab. It's a gray base in the render.

Yeah, the position of the sticker can be a problem. Originally that should be a sticker so there are no such problems. I tried to add the sticker to different positions and finally put it there.
I won't persist if someone believes it's better the badge is aligned to the right edge of the keycaps. What do you think?

Offline pixelpusher

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #95 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 09:59:00 »

Thanks. I'm not good at rendering. Credit goes to Trianglelab. It's a gray base in the render.

Yeah, the position of the sticker can be a problem. Originally that should be a sticker so there are no such problems. I tried to add the sticker to different positions and finally put it there.
I won't persist if someone believes it's better the badge is aligned to the right edge of the keycaps. What do you think?

Is it too much trouble to move the sticker on your prototype?  If we could see side by side it would be a better way to judge. 

Offline Ramiel

• SwitchOverflow
« Reply #96 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 10:10:50 »

Is it too much trouble to move the sticker on your prototype?  If we could see side by side it would be a better way to judge.

Sure, I can take a photo tomorrow when I'm available. I'll also ask Trianglelab to render a new pic with the badge position changed.

Offline Rumblehotep

Re: [GB] Modern Dasher D60 (GB is still open)
« Reply #99 on: Thu, 25 October 2018, 21:31:15 »
Really wish I'd gotten the spacebar kits now...