Author Topic: Just another Topre Realforce keyboard  (Read 2066 times)

Offline gorauskas

Just another Topre Realforce keyboard
« on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 14:28:17 »
Found this one Topre Realforce 104UW:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Topre-Realforce-104UW/122876389917
« Last Edit: Sat, 23 December 2017, 15:14:48 by gorauskas »

Re: Just another Topre Realforce keyboard
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 15:38:34 »
So how much do these go for usually and how good are they? Im pretty used to typing on model M & F's

Offline _rubik

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Typing on: Brutal60, Lavenders Linears, GMK Jamon
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 16:53:03 »
So how much do these go for usually and how good are they? Im pretty used to typing on model M & F's

Not sure about the 104u, but my 87u was right around $200. That being said, they have stopped making the revision I got, and have since started making a rev2 (I think, if someone knows more please correct me).

As for their quality, I absolutely love mine. The steel plate really stiffens the whole thing up, and is the closest you're going to get to a Model M in terms of plate. The switches are obviously going to be a different feel: a lot less mechanical and instead more pillowy.
I would suggest trying out a 55g topre before buying if you can. I jumped in blind and relied on the praise from other GH members, and was lucky enough to quite like the feel. Others have no had the same experience thought.
ai03 Meridian ¤ Mech 27 ¤ E8.5 ¤ Brutal60 ¤ SSK White Label ¤ HHKB Pro JP ¤ vAEK68 Alps Blues ¤ RF87u

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 23 December 2017, 18:01:04 »
Thank you for the advice!  :)

Offline HotRoderX

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 24 December 2017, 02:13:42 »
I also have a 55g 87u and love it! I jumped in semi blind to the 55g switches and can say they feel lighter then my FC660C which is said to have 45g topre! either way I love my board to death! one of the nicest board's I own. Cherry's are nice and all but if you do a lot of typing its worth checking out the Topre's not saying its for everyone but worth looking at very least

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 25 December 2017, 18:08:26 »

Being used to heavier switches, you'd probably enjoy one of the uniform 55-gram versions more than this 45g one, or one of the variables (35-45g except for 55g Esc, which is rather silly IMHO).

Your profile doesn't say what area you're in—but if you're in or near a fair-sized city, you should be able to find a Type Heaven (45g) to get the general Topre feel. Then just imagine one with a touch about 20% heavier. Or if you like the TH, you can get a new one of those for ~$130, and the only significant difference is the key material (which some of us actually prefer over RF).

But I digress.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg