Author Topic: [GB] KAT Explosion  (Read 83357 times)

Offline frong

Re: [GB] KAT Explosion
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 01 August 2020, 04:27:02 »
Oi,

Is the est. ship date still the same?

Cheers.

Offline engyshow

« Reply #51 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 16:42:25 »
I'm so sad I missed this... ; u ; ahhhhhhhhhhhh round 2 when? ; u ;

Offline xc0mr4de

« Reply #52 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 19:48:27 »
round 1 is not even finished yet,but I think there will be extras,so u might wanna grab that one.

Offline BMLN

« Reply #53 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 17:52:04 »
I also missed it and hope to catch some extras  :thumb:

Offline hammerbrotha

« Reply #54 on: Tue, 27 October 2020, 22:44:30 »
Oi,

Is the est. ship date still the same?

Cheers.

Doubtful, every KAT set has been delayed multiple months. I wouldn't expect this to ship till 2021 q2 or q3, maybe summer. who knows at this point.

Offline Rensuya

• Blue is my spirit animal
    • Link to the discord!
« Reply #55 on: Sun, 15 November 2020, 12:00:19 »
Current Shipping ETA: Q2 2021

Offline Neveller

« Reply #56 on: Wed, 25 November 2020, 08:30:14 »
Deskmat just got shipped out

Seems like mykeyboard.eu messed something up, nvm :(
« Last Edit: Mon, 30 November 2020, 08:20:13 by Neveller »

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #57 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 16:34:43 »
Small update: Just wanted to show the Rama caps I received in the mail, they turned out simply amazing!

Hope everyone has a great holiday and Merry Christmas  :D

Offline MousePounder

• Location: It's in that place where I put that thing that time.
  • Full Size Mechs Need Love Too!
    • Bomba Gigante
« Reply #58 on: Tue, 22 December 2020, 16:38:55 »
Thanks for the update.

They look so good!

Watch Out! Wide Mechs Comin' Thru!

Offline FoxFire007

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 02:59:09 »
Will there be extras for purchase?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Offline vsrnth

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 06:18:08 »
Will there be extras for purchase?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Yup there'll be extras for purchase

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Offline CookieFlow

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 23 December 2020, 18:59:04 »
Really hoping I'll be able to get extras for this set.
I joined the hobby just a couple of weeks after it ended :(

Offline yuejia

« Reply #62 on: Sat, 26 December 2020, 09:18:45 »
Wow! Nice!!!

Offline frong

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 06:02:47 »

I suppose that's still the ETA since you haven't updated since this post.

You need better communication.

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #64 on: Sun, 28 February 2021, 09:03:58 »

I suppose that's still the ETA since you haven't updated since this post.

You need better communication.

From CannonKeys group buy status page

https://cannonkeys.com/pages/group-buy-status

KAT Explosion

Current ETA: Q2 2021

2020-08-27: We have received a first round of color samples, but given the delays at Keyreative, we believe these will not ship until Q2 2021.
--

Q2 2021 is the most up to date timeframe for completion.

Offline Rensuya

• Link to the discord!
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 13 March 2021, 15:21:52 »
Hey guys,

There has not been much to report since round 1 samples. At the moment we're just waiting on round 2 samples to come in, these seem to be taking longer due to overall delays with keyreative.

Current Delivery ETA: Q2 2021

Offline frong

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 14:50:41 »
I assume you've got updates by now since we're in Q2 and the latest news is that you'll ship this quarter. I assume that's not happening and you must have something to update subscribers with.

Offline Tyson

« Reply #67 on: Wed, 07 April 2021, 15:04:28 »
I assume you've got updates by now since we're in Q2 and the latest news is that you'll ship this quarter. I assume that's not happening and you must have something to update subscribers with.

lol, you know what they say about assume  :D

Keyreative probably doesn't have an update for this set, they rarely give updates at all. My best guess on when this will ship is Q2 2021 at the earliest, we might be getting this in Q3, but only keyreative themselves would be able to give us an actual update for this set and every other KAT set that's been mega delayed.

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #68 on: Fri, 09 April 2021, 00:13:24 »

lol, you know what they say about assume  :D

Keyreative probably doesn't have an update for this set, they rarely give updates at all. My best guess on when this will ship is Q2 2021 at the earliest, we might be getting this in Q3, but only keyreative themselves would be able to give us an actual update for this set and every other KAT set that's been mega delayed.

DeskHero is currently estimating Q3 - https://www.deskhero.ca/products/kat-explosion

Offline frong

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 08:10:38 »
Haha. This is just ridiculous.

Hopefully more people will see this terrible communication and go for other people's sets in the future.

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #70 on: Mon, 12 April 2021, 08:43:22 »

Hopefully more people will see this terrible communication and go for other people's sets in the future.

99.9% of the time during a keycap GB there is just nothing to report on. Especially not with KAT sets since communcation is pretty much zero from manu, so the runner knows just as much as you. ****ty when u are anxiousy waiting for a set but not much that can be done about it. A big bag of patience will serve you well in this hobby  :thumb:

Offline frong

« Reply #71 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 01:35:28 »

99.9% of the time during a keycap GB there is just nothing to report on. Especially not with KAT sets since communcation is pretty much zero from manu, so the runner knows just as much as you. ****ty when u are anxiousy waiting for a set but not much that can be done about it. A big bag of patience will serve you well in this hobby  :thumb:

1. I work as a purchaser and that's what my education is in. I don't need a lesson on suppliers, that's literally what I do all day long, work with supplies.

2. This is my 7th keycap kit and I've never had this ****ty communication.

3. If you don't have "anything", update that you don't have **** to say and explain what you're doing to get new information to your customers.

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #72 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 02:02:14 »
1. I work as a purchaser and that's what my education is in. I don't need a lesson on suppliers, that's literally what I do all day long, work with supplies.

3. If you don't have "anything", update that you don't have **** to say and explain what you're doing to get new information to your customers.

I'm not entirely sure what you are expecting. If Keyreative doesn't provide any updates, what updates are you expecting to get here? Just a constant stream of "Nothing new"? What good does that do anyone?

I've not been in the hobby long, but it's obvious that GMK, Keyreative, et al. are constantly running behind schedule, and that you should expect delays on anything being delivered. This isn't a one off kickstarter where you have random people having to work with random manufacturers, run the process almost entirely themselves, and figure out all the logistics.  Someone designed a keycap set, worked with established vendors and an established manufacturer, and it is now as much out of their hands as it is yours. Do you think Cannonkeys or Keyreative, etc. are going to take the money and run? That you won't get your product when it's finished?

There's no reason to be so rude and combative here.

Offline beyonddc

« Reply #73 on: Tue, 13 April 2021, 10:52:44 »
Just a constant stream of "Nothing new"? What good does that do anyone?

I think it is okay to have an update that says "Awaiting for manufacturer update" b/c it will give us a sense that the vendor is still working and attempting to get us an update.  Better than dead silent.

Offline frong

« Reply #74 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 07:18:44 »

I'm not entirely sure what you are expecting. If Keyreative doesn't provide any updates, what updates are you expecting to get here? Just a constant stream of "Nothing new"? What good does that do anyone?

I've not been in the hobby long, but it's obvious that GMK, Keyreative, et al. are constantly running behind schedule, and that you should expect delays on anything being delivered. This isn't a one off kickstarter where you have random people having to work with random manufacturers, run the process almost entirely themselves, and figure out all the logistics.  Someone designed a keycap set, worked with established vendors and an established manufacturer, and it is now as much out of their hands as it is yours. Do you think Cannonkeys or Keyreative, etc. are going to take the money and run? That you won't get your product when it's finished?

There's no reason to be so rude and combative here.

It's not rude asking for updates on a product you've paid for that's been severely delayed and the seller doesn't say or update anything even though it's supposed to be delivered soon.

That's common sense when dealing with paying customers.

Offline Baumstyler

« Reply #75 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 07:39:32 »
FWIW Just got a mail from mykeyboard with the tracking nr., seemingly for the ExplosionRamaCap i ordered seperately.

Offline frong

« Reply #76 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 09:10:01 »
FWIW Just got a mail from mykeyboard with the tracking nr., seemingly for the ExplosionRamaCap i ordered seperately.

Tfw customers provide more info than the seller.

;D

Offline cthalupa

« Reply #77 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 11:27:17 »

It's not rude asking for updates on a product you've paid for that's been severely delayed and the seller doesn't say or update anything even though it's supposed to be delivered soon.

Asking for updates is one thing. Swearing and insulting the designer/GB organizer is another.

But what do you think the role of the person who organized the GB is in this case? Calling them a "Seller" isn't really correct in the usual meaning of the word - they are not going to take possession of the keycaps and pass them on to you. They've worked with vendors and Keyreative, but Keyreative is going to be shipping the the keycaps to the regional vendors, which then ship it to you. They didn't take your money - the regional vendors did. Generally, that would make CannonKeys or  whomever you purchased through more of the "Seller" than Rensuya. Which is born out by one of the vendors giving out a tracking number here for the Rama collab - that's information that Rensuya would simply not ever be able to provide.

Offline chowder266

« Reply #78 on: Wed, 14 April 2021, 18:13:49 »

Asking for updates is one thing. Swearing and insulting the designer/GB organizer is another.

But what do you think the role of the person who organized the GB is in this case? Calling them a "Seller" isn't really correct in the usual meaning of the word - they are not going to take possession of the keycaps and pass them on to you. They've worked with vendors and Keyreative, but Keyreative is going to be shipping the the keycaps to the regional vendors, which then ship it to you. They didn't take your money - the regional vendors did. Generally, that would make CannonKeys or  whomever you purchased through more of the "Seller" than Rensuya. Which is born out by one of the vendors giving out a tracking number here for the Rama collab - that's information that Rensuya would simply not ever be able to provide.

The man obviosuly has no prior experience when it comes to keycap groupbuys, especially with Keyreative  :rolleyes:

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #79 on: Fri, 16 April 2021, 10:48:10 »
Just got an email from Cannon Keys with the most up to date info they have on KAT Explosion

Just figured I'd post it here since people are looking for whatever info they can get.

Offline frong

« Reply #80 on: Sat, 17 April 2021, 04:24:53 »
At least someone manages to provide updates. Kudos to you!

You seem to be qualified enough to start a group buy.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline frong

« Reply #81 on: Wed, 28 April 2021, 01:59:08 »
« Last Edit: Wed, 28 April 2021, 02:28:21 by frong »

Offline frong

« Reply #82 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 07:32:09 »
Hahahaha.

This is just sad. Are there still any bootlickers here?

Offline MacSurfy

• Designer & 3D artist
« Reply #83 on: Mon, 17 May 2021, 09:08:14 »
Hahahaha.

This is just sad. Are there still any bootlickers here?

The only thing sad here is you trying to start ****. It's a nice monologue and all but I think we got your opinion by now.

Offline nbesa

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 08 June 2021, 22:54:17 »
Hello mister Rensuya, it's been a year already since the GB started, have any significant advances been made? Did the new color matching rounds turn alright?

Would be nice having an update through here once in a while

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 09 June 2021, 22:51:40 »
Here is the info I have:
https://dailyclack.com/pages/updates
270345-0
https://cannonkeys.com/pages/group-buy-status
270347-1

Based on all the vendor info I have seen and the statement about the Kat/Kam delays I would say Q3 is optimistic as a delivery window.

To me Q3 is July, August, and September. If I get my Stuff by then I will consider it a huge success given the massive delays COVID caused.

This is just my take on the matter.

Also, I do not think Rensuya is going to have much more info than this, but I could be wrong. EDIT: I WAS at at least a little wrong.
« Last Edit: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:40:57 by MousePounder »

Offline dvorcol

• dvorcol#5071
« Reply #86 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:14:39 »
Explosion will be double shot:

Offline ninjical

« Reply #87 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:35:57 »

Show Image

Got an email saying the same thing, and it included this image of KAT Atlantis doubleshot samples.

They look good, but I guess the big concern is whether they'll be consistent.

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #88 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:40:09 »
Thank you for the additional information.

Just saw the email come in.

From the cannon keys email

"Given that this is a significant change, for the next 7 days,
we will allow anyone who joined any of these group buys to cancel their GB order for free - no questions asked, no fees involved.
Please email support@cannonkeys.com if you’d like to cancel now.
We’ll open another free cancellation window after receiving a full sample set and posting photos, for those who aren’t satisfied with the quality of those."

EDIT:
I plan to stick in for now. Having another opportunity to "punch out" of this group buy later is making me less worried about this announcement.

What are we thinking for a delay? Another 6 months? Does Explosion ship before the end of 2021?

It would be humorous to me if I got my GA Triangle group buy before KAT explosion.😅

« Last Edit: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:49:54 by MousePounder »

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #89 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 16:58:03 »
They look good, but I guess the big concern is whether they'll be consistent.

It's a little concerning that of a handful containing many keycaps, we can only see how the legends look on two of them.

Offline ninjical

« Reply #90 on: Thu, 10 June 2021, 21:55:12 »
What are we thinking for a delay? Another 6 months? Does Explosion ship before the end of 2021?

It would be humorous to me if I got my GA Triangle group buy before KAT explosion.😅
Probably 2022, I expect that the novelties will take a lot of work to get right.

Offline xc0mr4de

« Reply #91 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 21:22:31 »
Hi, is this set in production or dead?

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #92 on: Sat, 21 August 2021, 21:25:50 »
Hi, is this set in production or dead?

They switched to a double shot process. Everything is quite delayed but as far as I know it is not dead

Show Image

Offline xc0mr4de

« Reply #93 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 04:39:53 »
They switched to a double shot process. Everything is quite delayed but as far as I know it is not dead

Show Image

[/quote]

That is like 2 months ago?
I mean at least there should be color sample already,what are KAT doing right now?

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #94 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 09:49:55 »

Show Image

That is like 2 months ago?
I mean at least there should be color sample already,what are KAT doing right now?

I sadly do not have any more information. But the impression I got was that switching to double-shot instead of dye-sub is basically like starting over on production.
The other thing I would guess is that they have to learn how to use this new machine.
I hate all these delays but two months to switch to a new manufacturing process isn't all that long to my uneducated eyes.
These are my personal thoughts about the situation and could be 100% wrong.
All we can do is continue to wait.
« Last Edit: Mon, 23 August 2021, 09:53:21 by MousePounder »

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #95 on: Mon, 23 August 2021, 10:36:24 »
Here is a screenshot of the email I received about the Production delays.
274702-0

Offline sanajin

« Reply #96 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 14:50:18 »
Has anyone heard anything else? Nearly 15 months since purchase date and as far as I'm aware there isn't even an ETA.

Offline Adqam64

« Reply #97 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 17:35:06 »
Has anyone heard anything else? Nearly 15 months since purchase date and as far as I'm aware there isn't even an ETA.

No, that's right.  Best buckle up for the long haul.  AFAIK when the switch to doubleshot was made most vendors offered a grace period to refund the set.  I expect that ship has now sailed.

Offline xc0mr4de

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 17:43:54 »
What are they doing right now? They had one job. At least update evey month. Right now its “jUsT wAiT,iTs ParT of Gb”.

Offline MousePounder

• Bomba Gigante
« Reply #99 on: Sat, 04 September 2021, 19:01:25 »
What are they doing right now? They had one job. At least update evey month. Right now its “jUsT wAiT,iTs ParT of Gb”.

No, that's right.  Best buckle up for the long haul.  AFAIK when the switch to double shot was made most vendors offered a grace period to refund the set.  I expect that ship has now sailed.

From the Cannon Keys email dated 06/10/2021:

" We’ve heard that the full sample set and novelties should be ready for review sometime in July - but aside from that, we don’t have a firm timeline. Once we have a timeframe, we will communicate this promptly and clearly."

275731-0

It would seem that the delay is with Keyreative. As far as I can tell there is no information to share with us because the manufacturer has not updated the distributors or the designer.  I do not know if this is true for all vendors but Cannon Keys had a seven day window for a no questions asked full refund when they sent this email in june. They also said they will offer another refund window once the double shot samples are available for inspection.

So no, there is currently NO ETA for completion of this set.

However, that could change at any time.

-Mouse Pounder