Author Topic: [GB] GMK Amethyst - GB Closed - Color sample approved  (Read 65989 times)

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

Re: [GB] GMK Amethyst - GB Closed - Color sample approved
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 11:31:52 »
I have May penciled in based on the current production rate and queue.

Can’t disagree. That would be 16 months from GB close which is close to what I’ve gotten recently for Lux or Boneyard.

Offline azzipa

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 10:12:07 »
url=https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update]Kono status[/url] currently shows production in 1Q2022 with shipping in 2Q. The new normal, and a good check on sets i ordered after this that are still showing even more “optimistic” ship dates.

edit in bold italic
« Last Edit: Sat, 13 November 2021, 19:07:05 by azzipa »

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #52 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 11:46:24 »
what omnitype does which is great is gives the estimate and the date the estimate was given. If you're looking at a 4 month old estimate that seems optimistic...it probably is. If you look at GMK Boho on Kono's page, you'll see that a set that ran 6 months later is estimated to ship a month or two after Amethyst-thats obviously nonsense, but to the new groupbuyer might seem believable.

Offline kylekwong1

« Reply #53 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 18:44:21 »
what omnitype does which is great is gives the estimate and the date the estimate was given. If you're looking at a 4 month old estimate that seems optimistic...it probably is. If you look at GMK Boho on Kono's page, you'll see that a set that ran 6 months later is estimated to ship a month or two after Amethyst-thats obviously nonsense, but to the new groupbuyer might seem believable.
Sadly, Kono doesn't really care:(

Offline azzipa

« Reply #54 on: Sat, 30 October 2021, 20:06:15 »
the kono status page linked above shows it was last updated 28 oct, and it’s the update page that shows delivery 2Q2022. yes, i’ll take it with a grain of salt but it’s a lot more realistic than the GB page which still indicates shipping in sep/oct (now). yes, please stop laughing   :D

Offline arden

« Reply #55 on: Wed, 03 November 2021, 21:23:48 »
Kono status page:
GMK is currently quite behind their production estimates. Each project will likely ship at least a month apart.

Then lists the 5 sets that are next, which Amethyst isn't even a part of. So minimum 5 months, more like 7.5+ months since every other set estimates 1.5+ months shipping.

On top of that, supply chain keeps getting worse. May is optimistic.

Offline blue_waters

« Reply #56 on: Sat, 25 December 2021, 09:50:49 »
What I don't understand is why the developer hasn't posted an update here?

Offline chat and team

« Reply #57 on: Mon, 27 December 2021, 23:06:40 »
dang this reminds me of nicepbtcatchersomerandom china manu ck worked with Sugarplum
https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/mcelc4/psa_cannonkeys_reselling_taobao_crap/
geekhack mods constantly break tos and refuse to read
Chinese overlords won

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #58 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 01:43:10 »
Any update on progress/ETA?
Thinking about joining pre-order on KONO store, beautiful set  :thumb:

« Reply #59 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 03:53:10 »
No new updates as of now. I'd say it would be great if we get it during Q3 2022. There are still a lot of sets before it.

Offline holer

« Reply #60 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 04:05:35 »

The Kono Weekly Production Status Update (https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update) says:
"Estimated production from GMK was originally 36 weeks, but due to numerous delays with production timelines has been pushed back.

GMK now estimates a late Q1 production completion, with about a month and a half of transit. Estimated arrival Q2 2022."

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #61 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 16:17:16 »
Any updates?

Offline wynects

« Reply #62 on: Thu, 05 May 2022, 22:18:05 »
There are still 2-3 sets before Amethyst, will likely be in 2 months.  :confused:

Offline thechemtrailkid

« Reply #63 on: Fri, 06 May 2022, 20:24:06 »
Ah, damn. Thanks for the update.

Offline deletus87

« Reply #64 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 01:08:38 »
Has delivery started for GMK Amethyst ?

« Reply #65 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 01:17:48 »
correct me if im wrong, but GMK Yuri R2's GB ended at the same time as this set and it just shipped.  Granted it was a second run, amethyst can't be far behind in the queue!

here's hoping!

Offline tsukune1349

« Reply #66 on: Wed, 15 June 2022, 03:38:08 »
Has delivery started for GMK Amethyst ?

In stock extras already available at Mykeyboard.eu  :thumb:

Offline nvh2092

« Reply #67 on: Sat, 18 June 2022, 10:53:20 »
Nice job on colormatching, the deep purple turns out nice. Forgive my potato camera

Offline norm

• My kingdom for convex blanks
« Reply #68 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 10:50:17 »
"Arrived, shipping soon" -Kono

YES

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #69 on: Mon, 20 June 2022, 14:52:44 »
Two pictures of Amethyst dark in opposite light. It’s very nice irl as well :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 30 June 2022, 23:57:41 »
im loving it

Offline cam

« Reply #71 on: Fri, 02 December 2022, 05:13:58 »
I am still waiting for the delivery from MyKeyboard while people have received it 6 months ago >:D

I know they do not update their clients on deliveries even though it is their job and asked multiple times to get updates.
Am I the only one like this? Anybody has experience with MyKeyboard not delivering keycaps?

Offline honoka

« Reply #72 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 05:05:13 »
I am still waiting for the delivery from MyKeyboard while people have received it 6 months ago >:D

I know they do not update their clients on deliveries even though it is their job and asked multiple times to get updates.
Am I the only one like this? Anybody has experience with MyKeyboard not delivering keycaps?
This gb was delivered ages ago. Are you in the UK by chance?
« Last Edit: Sat, 03 December 2022, 05:18:30 by honoka »

Offline cam

« Reply #73 on: Sat, 03 December 2022, 05:52:18 »

No, I'm French and I don't know what to do. I sent e-mails to support multiple times and I never get satisfying answers.
I still have 3 sets that should come from them and still waiting for answers from the support. This is not cool at all.

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #74 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 07:13:11 »

No, I'm French and I don't know what to do. I sent e-mails to support multiple times and I never get satisfying answers.
I still have 3 sets that should come from them and still waiting for answers from the support. This is not cool at all.

Hi Cam,

Not super active on Geekhack anymore but did you get this sorted?
If not slide into my dm's on Discord and I'll help you get your caps. I'm not personally working at the office in Belgium but can ask my colleagues to look into your order. You should indeed have them for a while by now :)

Offline cam

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 24 December 2022, 19:24:43 »

Hi Cam,

Not super active on Geekhack anymore but did you get this sorted?
If not slide into my dm's on Discord and I'll help you get your caps. I'm not personally working at the office in Belgium but can ask my colleagues to look into your order. You should indeed have them for a while by now :)

Hey,

I got one answer without much details as usual.
I have been told I should follow some calendar they provide somewhere… never found it though and I never got a link either.

It seems my keycaps are waiting in their warehouse for the redline keycaps to arrive. Only then I will get my keycaps.

Overall, I’m pretty disappointed how it went. Communication is simply terrible, I had sent roughly 4 to 5 e-mails over the past 2 years to end up waiting more and more. I know… covid… but still not great experience!

Offline Poesjuh

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 25 December 2022, 06:12:56 »

Hey,

I got one answer without much details as usual.
I have been told I should follow some calendar they provide somewhere… never found it though and I never got a link either.

It seems my keycaps are waiting in their warehouse for the redline keycaps to arrive. Only then I will get my keycaps.

Overall, I’m pretty disappointed how it went. Communication is simply terrible, I had sent roughly 4 to 5 e-mails over the past 2 years to end up waiting more and more. I know… covid… but still not great experience!

Ah yeah, that does make sense though. An order isn't shipped untill all items from that order have arrived, in this case it's delayed due to the Redline keycaps. With any keycap GB that's often hard to predict sadly. GMK has been pumping out sets lately so that's a good sign. It ran november 2020 so besides some color matching delays it should be arriving Q1 I imagine. Don't have direct access to delivery estimates myself though, I'm also reliable on GH page for example.

Offline Slywanin

• Abdul Lutfi is my name.
« Reply #77 on: Fri, 30 December 2022, 12:19:04 »
Hi is this still running?

Offline cam

« Reply #78 on: Thu, 13 July 2023, 11:44:46 »
Keycaps arrived today with the redlines as well  ;D