geekhack Community > Input Devices

Wacom Tablet

(1/5) > >>

Kavik:
I've been mildly interested in getting one of these for a year or two, but there are so many different products of vastly different prices that I have no idea what to look for in one.

My use case would be sketching and drawing comics.

Does anyone here use one or have a recommendation? What features are important?

tp4tissue:
Saw a blurb the other day about new model Huion kamvas w/ their upgraded PW517 pen, sumtin sumtin.

IMHO, these off-brands have reached parity with wacom.

You're gonna need a colorimeter to get Top-Colors though. Photoshop is one of the FEW applications which works Super-Gud' with color profiles.

Tp4 recommends i1 studio colorimeter , it's budget friendly, and works on all display technologies.

I believe huion's displays are pfs phosphor panels, so they're wide gamut, not as wide as adobe panels, but p3 wide probably. It'd be good to have a colorimeter to keep things neat.

tp4tissue:
Oooooo.. they sell this 22 inch one with Quantum Dot.  Get that one.

Darthbaggins:
I have been looking into getting a tablet as well, that 22" option is one of my dream toys to have for editing my photos and ink based works.  Also would like to start my inks in digital rather than transfer/scan etc.  I know it would open up alot more possibilities for my Illustrator work flow as well for when I work w/ fonts or want to create/mod a font to my client's needs - also the IT company I'm with has started getting me to do more graphic based work once they realized I could work w/in Corel and Adobe's suites (not letting them know I can work in AutoDesk yet - also working on learning Blender as well). 

tp4tissue:

--- Quote from: Darthbaggins on Mon, 07 December 2020, 13:35:29 ---I have been looking into getting a tablet as well, that 22" option is one of my dream toys to have for editing my photos and ink based works.  Also would like to start my inks in digital rather than transfer/scan etc.  I know it would open up alot more possibilities for my Illustrator work flow as well for when I work w/ fonts or want to create/mod a font to my client's needs - also the IT company I'm with has started getting me to do more graphic based work once they realized I could work w/in Corel and Adobe's suites (not letting them know I can work in AutoDesk yet - also working on learning Blender as well). 

--- End quote ---

why dream toy, make wurk buy one, they're only $500 , wurkplace wouldn't hesitate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version