Author Topic: GMK/Uniqey Default Color Match to RAL  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Reebes

GMK/Uniqey Default Color Match to RAL
« on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 21:09:46 »
Hey Guys,

Playing with the idea of designing a key cap set and just skimming the surface now. In an effort to more seriously commit I decided to invest in sample colors. I picked up the classic RAL K7 fan pack (pls lmk if this isn't recommended for keys), but unfortunately the GMK/Uniqey ring of their default color options seems to be out of stock.

I figure that since RAL seems to be the baseline for just about everything I wouldn't be surprised if the GMK defaults are actually just RAL colors. This would be useful as it would mean not having to spend additional $$$ on the key ring for physical colour samples.

Does anyone know if this is the case and if so, which RAL colors correspond to the GMK defaults?

P.S. Newer here so just verbally eviscerate me if this is the wrong post location.

Offline nevin

Re: GMK/Uniqey Default Color Match to RAL
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 04 February 2021, 22:07:17 »
i wasn't able to find one with some quick searching, though i'd be surprised if there wasn't a cross reference list somewhere.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline Reebes

Re: GMK/Uniqey Default Color Match to RAL
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 05 February 2021, 04:56:51 »
Yeah haha, sounds like you're in a similar spot to me.

Surprised I couldn't find anything with some simple searching. If there is crossover, it'd be especially valuable to know for NA designers, as the key ring costs basically as much as RAL book. With shipping it's around double the cost, lol.