geekhack Community > Keyboard Keycaps

Spanish, Portuguese & Italian (South) keycaps (links updated:22/March/2024)

<< < (12/51) > >>

salgiza:
Updates:

* I've added links to all the newly available Keychron keysets (most of them just in ES layouts, if you know of any shop that sells them for IT or PT layouts let me know and I'll link them).
* I've also added links (under the Unusual group) for the new Lord of the Rings keysets. If you ever wanted to write in Elvish or Dwarvish, here is your keyset! :)

I'm torn about the Tai-Hao Dark Tunnel set and the /dev/tty set. The first one is out of stock (and I'm not sure when/if it will be restocked) and the second one has had the International kit removed from the list of available kits! I'm going to leave the links for a while just in case but, if they remain unavailable in a few months, I will remove the links (thankfully, the list has grown and we have quite a few options now).

cbz001:

--- Quote from: salgiza on Tue, 23 November 2021, 03:48:58 ---Updates:

* I've added links to all the newly available Keychron keysets (most of them just in ES layouts, if you know of any shop that sells them for IT or PT layouts let me know and I'll link them).

--- End quote ---

Just found this ISO-ITA set on Amazon.de, just a knock-off but I took it (I guess I'll buy anything ISO-ITA) and in a month I can tell you how it is.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09D3JSWFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Also, you can find all the keycaps from Keychron directly from them (ESP, ITA) and all their 3 sets are available at the moment: https://www.keychron.com/collections/iso-pbt-keycaps-for-q1-k2

PS: I really would like an MT3 italian set, any idea where I can find one? :)

salgiza:

--- Quote from: cbz001 on Tue, 23 November 2021, 04:46:10 ---Just found this ISO-ITA set on Amazon.de, just a knock-off but I took it (I guess I'll buy anything ISO-ITA) and in a month I can tell you how it is.

https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B09D3JSWFX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Also, you can find all the keycaps from Keychron directly from them (ESP, ITA) and all their 3 sets are available at the moment: https://www.keychron.com/collections/iso-pbt-keycaps-for-q1-k2

PS: I really would like an MT3 italian set, any idea where I can find one? :)

--- End quote ---

Ha! Good catch about the Keychron IT keycaps available directly from them! I've updated the links. Just in case anyone wonders: I always try to add an EU vendor as the main link as, well, if you need an ES/IT/PT keyset you are probably in the EU and shipping costs/import taxes will be cheaper.

I'm not going to link to the Amazon set for the same reason I gave merrytypist (in fact, I originally had this set linked to the AliExpress seller before I discovered that it was a copy). This is a forum, among other people, for keyset designers, and I don't feel comfortable linking to knock-offs. That being said, I'm really curious about the quality of the keyset!

And regarding an MT3 set, /dev/tty was the only one with full IT & ES support that I knew of, but the International kit has been removed from the list. I have no idea whether they are going to restock it again, but the fact that it has been removed instead of marked as out of stock does not look good. I also read that Biip was going to update the international kit for Extended 2048 (which has partial ES support right now), but I don't know if IT is in the plans.

I also want to try an MT3 set, so don't hesitate to vote/comment on the /dev/tty page and see if we can get it back... if not, we can always try to learn Elvish :D

cbz001:

--- Quote from: salgiza on Tue, 23 November 2021, 06:29:09 ---I'm not going to link to the Amazon set for the same reason I gave merrytypist (in fact, I originally had this set linked to the AliExpress seller before I discovered that it was a copy). This is a forum, among other people, for keyset designers, and I don't feel comfortable linking to knock-offs. That being said, I'm really curious about the quality of the keyset!

--- End quote ---

I totally agree about the knock-off treatment but this is the case where there's no original alternative, which I would buy in an heartbeat if it was available but it was never produced... am I right?

salgiza:

--- Quote from: cbz001 on Tue, 23 November 2021, 07:33:15 ---I totally agree about the knock-off treatment but this is the case where there's no original alternative, which I would buy in an heartbeat if it was available but it was never produced... am I right?

--- End quote ---

But you could buy any other keyset from one of the (few, that’s true) designers or manufacturers that support our layouts, so that they see the interest and keep supporting us in the future! And I’m sure that the author of the Botanical keyset wouldn’t be amused if they found that I was promoting a copy of their design in the main post.

Don’t get me wrong, I totally understand that you bought it, I’m sure other IT users will appreciate the fact that you shared that link, and I’m really curious about reading your opinion when you receive it. But I wouldn’t  feel comfortable trying to convince designers to add a South kit (as I do when I see a keyset that I like) while at the same time I link to copies of their designs :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version