Author Topic: [IC]S58m Plus GB is live + Build video+PVD SS bottom case updated  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website
[IC]S58m Plus GB is live + Build video+PVD SS bottom case updated
« on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 03:38:18 »
Updated November 29th

S58m PLus GB only left two days, Feel free to fill in the GB GB form
Typing Video:

Hi there!

This is S58m Plus 60% Keyboard from Sam’s Studio. This time we upgrade the old version S58 to Multi-Layer Suspended PCB Mounting Plate Structure, we named this ML structure. ML structure is designed to improve the adjustability of keyboard, and you can free to ajust the sound and feel. That’s the separate direct connection between the trigger layer in the case.The switch plate ensures the consistency of the feel, and the suspended plate determines the elasticity. The poron foam controls the softness and hardness.

Please express any interest and feedback by fill the IC form. If you have any questions, please feel free to comment.

Sound test(Shot on Iphone12):

Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/IlOzVEc

Features:

Top mount

Aluminum alloy top case

SS bottom case or Alu case

SS plate + Fr4 Plate

PCB: Soldered PCB, TYPE-C interface, VIA support

Poron foam

Colors: TBD(similar to the old version s58)

GB TIME: October

Price: $260USD +-

Delivery: The estimated shipping date will be confirmed after the GB ends.

No Vendor

If you have any questions, feel free to comment here or join the Discord server for GB updates. Thanks.
« Last Edit: Mon, 29 November 2021, 07:54:34 by Lukenan »

Offline ddnomad

Re: [IC]S58m Plus
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 04:16:43 »
Uh, that looks interesting. Can I build this keyboard plateless? Or will that cause the switches to sit too high and result in gaps between the case sides and keycap bottoms?

Offline nevin

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 07:51:30 »
from what i can see in the pics. looks like the mid plate is what attaches to the top case. so no plateless unless you totally bypass their mounting method that is unique and distinct to this kit and use something like sony's SIMP Kit to mount the pcb
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline ddnomad

[IC]S58m Plus
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 07:58:19 »
from what i can see in the pics. looks like the mid plate is what attaches to the top case. so no plateless unless you totally bypass their mounting method that is unique and distinct to this kit and use something like sony's SIMP Kit to mount the pcb
Yeah, I think you’re right. This pic (https://i.imgur.com/oTICYi6.png) threw me off a bit cause the PCB does have a bunch of mount points but I guess it’s for attaching it to the middle plate or something.

That’s a shame really, I’ve being looking for a more premium version of IDB60 in HHKB layout for a while now.

This keeb does look interesting nevertheless :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline nevin

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 08:26:36 »
you can use the simp kit in just about any case, just need to take some measurements and make the spacers. it's actually quite genius. you can vary the number of spacers and the material to adjust the hard/softness. sony was printing them in tpe which is a flexible (soft) printable filament.

sorry for jumping off subject of the kit at hand.
Keeb.io Viterbi, Apple m0110, Apple m0120, Apple m0110a, Apple 658-4081, Apple M1242, Apple AEK II, MK96, GH60/Pure, Cherry g84-4100, Adesso AKP-220B, Magicforce 68

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 23 September 2021, 08:31:45 »
Uh, that looks interesting. Can I build this keyboard plateless? Or will that cause the switches to sit too high and result in gaps between the case sides and keycap bottoms?
no worries, already consider the height in design

Offline Lukenan

• Sam Website
Re: [IC]S58m Plus GB is live + Build video+PVD SS bottom case updated
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 29 November 2021, 07:52:31 »
GB will end in two days.