geekhack Marketplace > Interest Checks

[IC] DOLCH & GABBANA GMK

(1/20) > >>

rioc:
Sooo, I just had this word (/name) play with dolch in my head and really liked the mental image that came along with it.
I know it's very easy doing a spin-off of the dolch colour-way but I still thought I'd run it by you guys.

Anyway, here's my Idea:

The set will work well with black, gray / silver and white case colours, but especially work well with Champagne / Gold coloured ones. (There aren't many sets that work well with champagne cases)

The matte-Gold colour is taken from a Pantone swatch (16-0836 TCX).
Of course this is just the base idea to see how it resonates. If this gets some momentum, the usual add-on kit's and novelties will be done too, as expected. (incl. extensive Layout coverage)

Edit: No Name copyright infringements here since the word "Gabbana" means Coat / Gown in Italian. This makes the name dolch & gabbana even better, since it's a dolch coat (or dolch gown) for your keyboard.

Edit2: here some very basic novelty sketches (http://i.imgur.com/a754m2t.jpg) I had in mind... will take them to illustrator later this week

Took me a bit longer but here are the Novelty ideas more fleshed out:
(Actually working on a different keyset, but that one is more complex and this one was a quite easy idea I still wanted to pitch out there)

neralo:
This has got to be the best name for a colourway I've ever seen.

Also a sucker for dolch, so thumbs up for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rioc:

--- Quote from: neralo on Tue, 04 July 2017, 03:11:32 ---This has got to be the best name for a colourway I've ever seen.

Also a sucker for dolch, so thumbs up for me :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

:thumb:

RedSuns:
Are you sure you can use that name for a set?

rioc:

--- Quote from: RedSuns on Tue, 04 July 2017, 03:19:43 ---Are you sure you can use that name for a set?

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure since "Gabbana" is just an Italian word meaning Coat / Frock / Gown... and Dolch, well is just dolch

edit: thinking of it, this makes the name dolch & gabbana even better, since it's a dolch coat (or dolch gown) for your keyboard ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version