Author Topic: [GB] GMK Shoko Shipping Soon  (Read 87907 times)

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
Re: [GB] GMK Shoko UPDATE and New Renders!: Last Day
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 05:01:24 »
I would also like to see more activity from the runner. The runner has time to sit and post in discord all day(from my observation, at least), but not reply in his own thread? :/ I don't track him in Discord so idk if that is still the case today, but it used  to be earlier in the Shoko GB. If it is a matter of being too busy, then perhaps don't run a GB at that point in your life..

It is a shame, I actually love the set, but I know many of my friends who are turned off by the behaviour from the runner.

If it gets a second run, I hope this detail with communication is sorted out, because in a world where there's a lot of skepticism regarding muted colorways, comm is key. The way I see it, at least.
« Last Edit: Tue, 22 January 2019, 05:03:10 by Emir »

Offline _GMK_

• not affiliated with GMK
« Reply #101 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 05:44:02 »
--- canceled

Offline otanishock

• One of the cool kids :>
  • ファーストラブ
« Reply #102 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 06:04:33 »
Not an outcome I'd expect from the runner, but oh well, there's nothing we can really do about it.

On a side note. Guys...join!  :cool:

Offline lunr

« Reply #103 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 09:07:00 »
updaaaaaaaaaates

though, the buy page is still up on kono... give me my money back already.

Offline temp0321

« Reply #104 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 18:59:41 »
I've asked kono.stor about Shoko and got this reply.

We are currently attempting to make Shoko work, there's a possibility that we can get the set made which is why we haven't canceled the project just yet.
If you still wish to cancel your order, let me know and I can go ahead and do that.

Let me know,
Sean

Offline Choobies

« Reply #105 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:20:52 »

We are currently attempting to make Shoko work, there's a possibility that we can get the set made which is why we haven't canceled the project just yet.
If you still wish to cancel your order, let me know and I can go ahead and do that.

Let me know,
Sean

I had a feeling that's what was going on- thanks for inquiring about it!

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #106 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:27:59 »

Let me know,
Sean

Hopefully people can wait a bit before cancelling their orders. I really want this set to be made

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 19:53:26 »
If that is true then....
Guys, join! Its now or never. I have a feeling if this set gets cancelled it will never see its light again.

Offline eastern_thug

« Reply #108 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 20:27:24 »

Let me know,
Sean

This is great news but it's kind of sad that this is how we're getting any updates at all. I agree with the other posts here regarding better communication and updates from the runner.

Simply letting people know that it's still running after the supposed end date could have encouraged more buyers imo.

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #109 on: Tue, 22 January 2019, 20:30:29 »

Let me know,
Sean

This is great news but it's kind of sad that this is how we're getting any updates at all. I agree with the other posts here regarding better communication and updates from the runner.

Simply letting people know that it's still running after the supposed end date could have encouraged more buyers imo.

i agree that there is a distinct lack of communication from the group buy runner, but from my chats with the runner on discord, he/she seems to be out of the loop as well in terms of how the group buy is going to go due to a lack of communication between the vendors with regards to MOQ numbers.

Offline voxkey

« Reply #110 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 09:29:20 »

Let me know,
Sean

Now I'm torn. One part of me sees this as a ray of hope, but the other sees it as a slap in the face. I also asked about Shoko days ago and never received any sort of response. Also no news from any of the vendors or the runner on official channels, and there are so many where an update could be posted!

I'm honestly just thinking about cancelling on principle. The main thing this communities' vendors need to work on is communication and customer service. I buy most of my goods/services these days from boutique/artisan/very small business/DIY vendors and what this community accepts as the norm is crazy to me.

Note: I worked for five years at a company of less than five managing supply chains in multiple countries on a shoestring budget. I understand the pressure, stress, and sleepless nights that go into working under these conditions in a niche industry, bringing new products to market, etc.

Offline Starston3

« Reply #111 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 09:48:19 »
If y’all want this to happen then don’t cancel... If you want to cancel go ahead and cancel.

But y’all need to understand how these GBs work. Running a keyset is different than running a keyboard or other physical item.

The designer approaches a vendor(s) and then they handle the purchase order, logistics, etc. Designer then pick out the color samples when it come time.

If the designer is not saying anything is because there isn’t anything to share. Yeah, it sucks but as previous updates have shown, Kono had been bad at sharing numbers.

Kono is currently in shipping hell with Kira orders and zFrontier has been radio silent in support emails since late December with rumors they are restructuring and less than 2 weeks until CNY.

There is a lot stuff happing in the background.

Offline voxkey

« Reply #112 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:06:14 »
If y’all want this to happen then don’t cancel... If you want to cancel go ahead and cancel.

But y’all need to understand how these GBs work. Running a keyset is different than running a keyboard or other physical item.

The designer approaches a vendor(s) and then they handle the purchase order, logistics, etc. Designer then pick out the color samples when it come time.

If the designer is not saying anything is because there isn’t anything to share. Yeah, it sucks but as previous updates have shown, Kono had been bad at sharing numbers.

Kono is currently in shipping hell with Kira orders and zFrontier has been radio silent in support emails since late December with rumors they are restructuring and less than 2 weeks until CNY.

There is a lot stuff happing in the background.

I'm glad you are aware of what's going on at these vendors behind the scenes, but the rest of us aren't because it hasn't been communicated.

If you want your customers to be patient, give them a reason to be. If there isn't any updates, just let us know! Radio silence just isn't acceptable. I don't feel myself or others are being unreasonable here in asking for updates a week after a group buy ended without any official word.

« Last Edit: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:38:00 by voxkey »

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #113 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:17:04 »
As I said, if the runner has time to post on Discord, one would assume there is time to drop by the thread and let everyone know the status - even if there are no updates. Any communication helps in building faith among people who have purchased, and also new potential buyers.

For example.
"Hey Everyone. I am sorry to say, but Kono seems to be having some internal issues. I have yet to receive updates from them, it is likely due to the issues they are experiencing. I hope to hear back from them soon, and when I do, I will let everyone know. Thank you for your patience!"

Relaying that there are no updates is still an update for worried customers, at least, that's how I personally feel.

Offline the_high_5

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 11:43:10 »
I agree with Emir and voxkey's comment. I fully understand that there might not be much to say from the runner at this point, but no communication makes it seem like the project has been abandoned (even though the it is clearly not based on the recent posts). I'm worried that the lack of communication would continue if MOQ is met and the color matching process begins. Since this set has custom colors, I hope there will be more communication when concerns are raised by the GB participants.

Just my two cents.

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 23 January 2019, 15:09:29 »
No don't pull out guys lol. Stay! We need this to happen. Give shoko and kono some time, I'm sure they both have their reason. Stay, support the set, and be awesome!  :thumb:

Offline Okonomiyaki#2832

• Eating Okonomiyaki
« Reply #116 on: Fri, 25 January 2019, 20:07:44 »
Any updates on this? Joined a buy im not even sure if it is still on.

Offline MOON

« Reply #117 on: Sat, 26 January 2019, 20:10:19 »
I am 100% going to join because it is still up on Kono if I can get a confirmation that it is still on. :D Love this set

Offline hsunwoo1221

« Reply #118 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 01:14:08 »
I think it's open. At least the project isn't dead yet. From what I've heard from kono they're making a negotiation on MOQ

Offline onefivenine

• Project Keyboard LLC
« Reply #119 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 05:39:43 »
Pantone colors, zero communication after group buy end date, and Kono no longer has GMK Shoko in their newsletter. I love the look of this colorway but I do not feel confident staying in the group buy. Good luck everyone.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #120 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 08:41:50 »
Pantone colors, zero communication after group buy end date, and Kono no longer has GMK Shoko in their newsletter. I love the look of this colorway but I do not feel confident staying in the group buy. Good luck everyone.

agree, I would probably join if there is information on current numbers and what will happen afterwards.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #121 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 10:44:35 »

agree, I would probably join if there is information on current numbers and what will happen afterwards.

I understand the sentiment, and I'm sure our message will get across when the GB runner/Kono Store reads the messages in this thread-  at this point, wouldn't it only benefit everyone to join the GB?  They aren't going to run away with your money, and it gives us a better chance of reaching MOQ and making everyone happy.

Offline outsider

« Reply #122 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 13:20:57 »

I understand the sentiment, and I'm sure our message will get across when the GB runner/Kono Store reads the messages in this thread-  at this point, wouldn't it only benefit everyone to join the GB?  They aren't going to run away with your money, and it gives us a better chance of reaching MOQ and making everyone happy.

Honestly at this point I might just drop out due to zero communication from anyone.  It's nice that Kono is trying to make it happen but even then, no official word from them or OP.  New GBs going up this week and the one after so having my money stuck here in "maybe" isn't doing me any favors.

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #123 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 13:26:21 »

I understand, but if the GB has been extended OP should probably let people know. I don’t actually know if it is extended, and what the MOQ status is —  if it’s too far from target I’d probably join other GBs because I don’t have unlimited funds unfortunately

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #124 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 20:59:24 »
because I don’t have unlimited funds unfortunately
Sell a canoe and buy 5 of these el oh el

Offline oldcat

• 65% is Life
« Reply #125 on: Sun, 27 January 2019, 21:01:01 »
because I don’t have unlimited funds unfortunately
Sell a canoe and buy 5 of these el oh el

Might have to sell one for the upcoming boards and sets :)

Offline yonghf

« Reply #126 on: Wed, 30 January 2019, 02:58:35 »
Kono replied saying they are currently in talks with GMK and will strive to provide an update by Thurs 1 Feb. Fingers crossed!

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #127 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 15:33:45 »
From kono.store's weekly update, link: https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

GMK Shoko
We are in negotiations with GMK. At this time, things are looking good — we think the set will be produced. If anything changes we will absolutely provide refunds for the group buy.

Offline eastern_thug

« Reply #128 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 17:56:12 »
From kono.store's weekly update, link: https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

GMK Shoko
We are in negotiations with GMK. At this time, things are looking good — we think the set will be produced. If anything changes we will absolutely provide refunds for the group buy.

OMG this is great news! Now's the chance to jump in guys!

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #129 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 19:10:10 »
That's a helpful update but we don't have samples yet do we, and isn't that the runner's responsibility?

Offline vtachkov

« Reply #130 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 19:13:24 »
That's a helpful update but we don't have samples yet do we, and isn't that the runner's responsibility?

Samples are usually made after the group buy has been deemed successful. It's kind of pointless to make samples if there aren't enough people to make the set become a reality.

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #131 on: Thu, 31 January 2019, 19:49:32 »

Samples are usually made after the group buy has been deemed successful. It's kind of pointless to make samples if there aren't enough people to make the set become a reality.

Right, but if we get the go ahead, and the GB runner is still MIA... then what happens if noone is there to sign off on samples? Will Kono make the call?

Offline Emir

• icon mods
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Bandit
    • Discord
« Reply #132 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 01:24:05 »
Yeah, really have a lot of faith in the MIA runner to NAIL the custom colors here... After Necro, I am sure many have a bad after taste...

Such a shame, I love this set.

Offline Darknight00z

« Reply #133 on: Fri, 01 February 2019, 04:46:07 »

Samples from GMK is usually only provided after payment,

Offline sagadoi

« Reply #134 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 06:15:55 »
It will last for about 2 months.
Is there any news for gb success or will it last for another week?
Matrix: 1.0 x10 | 1.2 x8 | 2.0 x20 | 2.2 x3 | 2.0 Ver Xmas x2 | Abel x12 | Abel VD x5 | Abel VC | Cain x2 | Mona x5 | Matrix Ti | ProjectFF
Percent: Canoe x6 | Skog x4 | Canoe FE x4 | Skog Lite x2
EVE: Moon x5 | Mira | Mira SE | Meteor x2
Equalz: Zero x4 | Zero.9 EE x7 | Mountain x5 | One x4 | Zero.9 Ti
FOX: Leaf TKL x2 | Time x2 | Orange TKL x2    
TGR: Jane V2 | Jane V2 Ver CE    RAMA: U80A
FMJ TKL x4 | Jer80 x4 | Jermini | Camp C225 x7 | Evil80 x6 |  Evil82 x2 | Mech27 | DolchCR x2 | Triangle x2 | Square x2 | Mars TKL

Offline Nebula97

« Reply #135 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 06:38:49 »
Finally decided to take the plunge into making my first keyboard, discovered this set on mykeyboard, would love to get on board if there's an update as to whether it's still going ahead?

Offline V. Vega

« Reply #136 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 08:20:13 »
From Kono's Weekly Update:

"GMK Shoko
We are in negotiations with GMK. At this time, things are looking good — we think the set will be produced. If anything changes we will absolutely provide refunds for the group buy."

It seems like Kono is going to push it through, so any purchases would certainly help convince GMK to produce it, or Kono to purchase the remaining sets to meet MOQ.

As for the designer...I would really like to see an update from them also. If Kono does push Shoko through, somebody is still going to have to pick the colors and approve samples. Some sort of indication that they're still even interested in making this set happen would be great.

That said, I'm still in because there is not enough soft blue in this hobby.

Offline Aerizu

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #137 on: Sun, 03 February 2019, 09:13:12 »
I think this set would really look good on an M60-A Milk  :D

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #138 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 19:18:58 »
I'm new to the DIY keyboard scene, and I stumbled across Shoko on the Kono store...looks perfect for me. But when I saw it was a group buy I googled around...found plenty of references to it ending on Dec 17 2018, but basically no updates since then. This thread, with so many people complaining about radio silence, does not inspire confidence.

But, since it looks fantastic, I guess I'll take the leap...maybe help push it over the edge!

Does anyone know the sizes of the spacebars in the base kit? The image that should detail that isn't loading on Kono's store.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 February 2019, 19:22:17 by rogersmj »

Offline Ephemeral

« Reply #139 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 19:27:23 »
Does anyone know the sizes of the spacebars in the base kit?

Looks like 6.25, 7.0, 6.0, and 6.0 off-center.
Collection:
More
E6.5 (Lubed 50g MX Blacks) | Preonic (55g MX Clears) | CA66 (Zealios V2 65g) | budget96 (MX Red) | Infinity 60% (Zealios 78g) | Phantom TKL (Gateron Black) | MiniVan (Zealios 78g) | Helix (?)
[Incoming: Polaris (?) |  KBDFans 8X Mk II (v2 Tealios)]

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #140 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 19:29:02 »
I'm new to the DIY keyboard scene, and I stumbled across Shoko on the Kono store...looks perfect for me. But when I saw it was a group buy I googled around...found plenty of references to it ending on Dec 17 2018, but basically no updates since then. This thread, with so many people complaining about radio silence, does not inspire confidence.

But, since it looks fantastic, I guess I'll take the leap...maybe help push it over the edge!

Does anyone know the sizes of the spacebars in the base kit? The image that should detail that isn't loading on Kono's store.

the top two in the render are 6.25u and 7u. bottom two might be 6u, i can't really tell. since your new to the community, i'd say you won't be using the bottom two spacebars (maybe they are for corsair and other non-standard bottom row layout oem boards)

Offline rogersmj

« Reply #141 on: Mon, 04 February 2019, 19:31:58 »
Perfect, thank you both...I'm a 65% fan (just built a Tada68 kit) so a 6.25u is what I need. Placing order now.

Offline Choobies

« Reply #142 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 09:19:41 »
Perfect, thank you both...I'm a 65% fan (just built a Tada68 kit) so a 6.25u is what I need. Placing order now.

Welcome aboard.  I see no risk in joining the groupbuy.  :)

Offline otanishock

• ファーストラブ
« Reply #143 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 12:00:53 »
If Ray goes mia, tell kono to hit me up I'll pick out the color sample for yall lol

Offline mrpetrov

« Reply #144 on: Tue, 05 February 2019, 14:07:54 »

Isn't the risk that someone other than the GB runner ends up picking the final colors, so it might not match the vision described in the OP?

Offline tex_live_utility

• MX brown apologist
    • twitch.tv/salt_rock_lamp
« Reply #145 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 19:40:05 »
No word from Kono?
Discord: salt rock lamp#0679 | Reddit: /u/nerdponx | Deskthority: autoload -Uz | Keebtalk: salt_rock_lamp
Twitch: salt_rock_lamp | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCd7YXZjilUutJ6ShZWrvQtg | Instagram: @salt_rock_keyboards

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #146 on: Wed, 06 February 2019, 21:44:20 »

Isn't the risk that someone other than the GB runner ends up picking the final colors, so it might not match the vision described in the OP?

id be very surprised if that happens
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Boy_314

« Reply #147 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 17:31:22 »
kono weekly update has nothing new: https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

Offline LightningXI

• * Elevated Elder
  • PPD
    • ArtisanMacro
« Reply #148 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 17:38:51 »
kono weekly update has nothing new: https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

Lol, boy am I surprised...

Offline Choobies

« Reply #149 on: Thu, 07 February 2019, 18:27:50 »
Kono Store's Weekly Update email has a notice about Shoko!