Author Topic: Those Bob Woodward Trump Tapes  (Read 2933 times)

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
  • OmniExpert of: Rice, Top-Ramen, Ergodox, n Females
Those Bob Woodward Trump Tapes
« on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 10:43:33 »
This book will either MAKE or BREAK the election for Trump.

The  "I Didn't want to create a panic."  is what the republicans are rolling with now.

DESPITE, obviously doing everything wrong, even if they say it was under the guise of placating the public.

Your thoughts ?

Offline captain

Re: Those Bob Woodward Trump Tapes
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 10:44:56 »
MSNBC. Liars. Next topic?

Tapatalk steals money then adds ads back in and demands more money! 
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 12:10:37 »
Unfortunately, there are too many idiots out there who have already made up their minds and will still stubbornly vote for him regardless of whatever they hear about him next.

They'll vote for the future they deserve.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 10 September 2020, 12:31:28 »

This book

It will have zero influence.
Republicans don't read books.
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).
- Scott Jansenn 2024-04-07

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 09:01:09 »
/headscratch,,  is this thing gonna work or not ??

Read the book, seems simple enough,   but well, I've always suspected, but have only recently faced the incontrovertible evidence that the majority of Humanity are kinda dumb.   Are these peeps gonna be able to digest this rather large text in the month before election ?

Thoughts ?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #5 on: Sun, 13 September 2020, 10:07:45 »
For people who are willing and able to read properly researched and meticulously documented books, I can provide a good list.

Perhaps it would be good to start with this one:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/36560496-the-perfect-weapon
Cognitive distortions are patterns of thought, typically automatic and unconscious, that cause an inaccurate, negative view of situations, people, and/or events. These include things like jumping to conclusions; black-and-white thinking; negative mental filtering; overgeneralizing; mindreading (incorrectly believing we know what others are thinking, what their motives are); and emotional reasoning (believing that if we are feeling something, or if what we are thinking is associated with a strong emotion, it must be true).

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 14 September 2020, 07:58:35 »
bob woodward on 60 minutes

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 19:34:15 »
Y'all read the book ?  it's out.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 19 September 2020, 22:10:26 »
I don' understand how bob woodward collected some of this information.. (not just the trump tapes secitons), but  Does everyone just talk to bob woodward ?  Be like, hey this happened, it's kind of national security , but you know, put that down,

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 20 September 2020, 08:32:58 »
White House insiders seem eager to talk about their experiences, especially anonymously or off the record.

My impression is that they are appalled at what they are witnessing but afraid to speak up for fear of retribution.

The vindictiveness, even cruelty, of the administration is immense and ghastly.

https://www.justice.gov/employees/whistleblower-protection-and-non-disclosure-policies-forms-or-agreements

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #10 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 05:12:26 »
Internationally, there is very low confidence in Trump. Now less than in Xi Jinping or in Vladimir Putin even.
https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/09/15/us-image-plummets-internationally-as-most-say-country-has-handled-coronavirus-badly/

Internationally (where people are not constantly bombarded by propaganda for it) people used to have very low confidence in G.W. Bush for the war in Iraq. But Trump's handling of COVID-19 made his rating even lower than that.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #11 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 05:58:25 »
Unfortunately, there are too many idiots out there who have already made up their minds and will still stubbornly vote for him regardless of whatever they hear about him next.

or against him with no less blind zeal

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #12 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 07:15:47 »

While that might sadly be true, to some extent, those words have also been used as whataboutism that serves no other purpose than to sow more discord and polarisation. It is not a valid argument for or against any side.

It is absolutely clear, from any objective viewpoint that Trump and his PR machine consist of despicable human beings. His ego does not allow him to take a step back, admit wrong-doing and repent. Instead he and his entourage is spewing more lies, accusations back against critics so as to create more confusion about what is the correct narrative (or to make Trump look "average" in a weird twisted comparison).
This is a downward-turning spiral that is tearing the US apart!

From what I have seen, people who speak out against him tend do to be more educated and open-minded, with stronger moral fibre. People are speaking from knowledge, not from blindness.
Everyone with half a mind who had held any attention should have figured out long before the previous election that he was a total ****head, a reckless jackass and without any merits to have the job in the first place.
The argument you are relaying would perhaps have some merit if there was any recent indication that he was about to repent and change himself, but there hasn't been anything of that nature. I dare you to come up with anything - and I am ready to shoot that down with facts.
« Last Edit: Wed, 23 September 2020, 08:39:26 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 07:31:55 »
The majority of the People on both sides are victims of false consciousness.

There's the Ruling CLASS,  then there's we-the-people.

The majority of the ruling class are ASSHATS, democ and repub.

D-Drumph, is a bigger asshat than most,  but they're all in it to screw the little guy.

The Democrat Ruling class also own slaughter houses and drug companies that profit off unnecessary disease/ procedure and weapons / munition plants.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 07:35:26 »
The republicans do bad things, and point at the democrats,  the democrats do bad things and point at the republicans.

That's just how it works, and that's the big-CON.  Wealth/Power inequity is the ONLY Constant between them and the PEOPLE.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 23 September 2020, 07:45:14 »

less than in Xi Jinping or in Vladimir Putin

That is appropriate. Although all 3 are equally "evil" (ie greedy and ruthless for money and power) Xi and Putin are intelligent, well-informed, rational, and have plans and strategies both personal and national.

Trump is stupid, clueless, unstable, and devoid of any form of long-term strategy.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #16 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 03:59:14 »

While that might sadly be true, to some extent, those words have also been used as whataboutism that serves no other purpose than to sow more discord and polarisation. It is not a valid argument for or against any side.

I'm not trying to argue for or against any side. I'm just calling out the flaw in the original statement (one which is explicitly polarising yet doesn't seem to bother you in that instance). The "will still stubbornly vote for him" is at best disingenuous and implies the behaviour only exists on one side of the fence. Better phrased, as I pointed out, "will stubbornly vote for/against him". Whataboutism (one of the most annoyingly overused and more importantly misused terms of the minute) would require some kind of deflection to another situation with differing salient facts. An apples-to-apples comparison is not whataboutism. That said, the portion of your response quoted above is a good example of argumentum abusi fallacia.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #17 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 04:01:29 »
...and then after that you proceed to spout hostilities which certainly fall under "that serves no other purpose than to sow more discord and polarisation". I probably  should have read the rest of your post before wasting my time replying at all.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #18 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 06:36:17 »
Yet, y'all are still stuck on the point,  Who, gets to be our Oppressor.

If anyone has the energy for thought,   how do we get out from under the slave pyramid is far more worthwhile.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #19 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:14:04 »

how do we get out from under the slave pyramid

Just re-watched Kubrick's awesome "Eyes Wide Shut"

How indeed?

Offline Findecanor

« Reply #20 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:30:37 »

I'm not trying to argue for or against any side. I'm just calling out the flaw in the original statement (one which is explicitly polarising yet doesn't seem to bother you in that instance). The "will still stubbornly vote for him" is at best disingenuous and implies the behaviour only exists on one side of the fence. Better phrased, as I pointed out, "will stubbornly vote for/against him".
I don't believe that the latter is possible. For a voter strongly opposed to Trump changing into supporting Trump, that would require that the transgressions known by the voter would change from unforgivable to forgivable, or someone looking like they were false — and I still find that improbable.

Sure, people opposed to Trump could change what they will vote for, but that would because of hope for what they think the party and the administration could do for them in the future, compared to the alternative. But I find it unlikely that they would change because of the man in charge.
« Last Edit: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:40:06 by Findecanor »

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #21 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:35:11 »

How indeed?

Um.. Wasn't talking about --that--, but as i recall, fohat = single, they got these apps now where you can order services.

Offline tp4tissue

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #22 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 08:36:33 »
I don't believe that the latter is possible. For a voter strongly opposed to Trump changing into supporting Trump, that would require that the transgressions known by the voter would change from unforgivable to forgivable, or someone looking like they were false — and I still find that improbable.

That's ridiculous. Everyone's moral principles are up for sale.

If Trump puts out $1200 a month for even 8 months,  Tp4 would vote for him instantly.

Offline nathanchere

« Reply #23 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 10:57:08 »
blah blah

All I can say is I'm thankful that  not everyone shares your simplistic A or B world view.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #24 on: Thu, 24 September 2020, 13:04:21 »

how do we get out from under the slave pyramid

Wasn't talking about --that--

I guess you didn't see the movie. Or didn't get what it was really saying.