Author Topic: Any Forex/US-Canadian currency experts?  (Read 7767 times)

Offline kishy

• Eye Bee M
    • http://kishy.ca/
Any Forex/US-Canadian currency experts?
« on: Wed, 12 March 2014, 21:55:16 »
This summer I have some repairs/mods I want to get done on my cars, but some of the parts involved will be purchased in the US and I live in Canada. As some of you may know, the exchange rate is about 1USD:1.11CAD currently.

This gives a significant advantage to Americans wanting to shop from Canada where starting prices are similar, but it makes it less appealing for Canadians to buy from the US. I want to avoid a situation where I've just bought a few hundred dollars of parts and then the rate balances back out...suppose I buy $400 worth of stuff, that's 44 dollars extra (that could otherwise be put towards other parts/supplies/tools/whatever) at today's rate, give or take.

So, if anyone here is familiar with the relevant markets and can advise (obviously a rough approximation at best) of what the next couple months might bring, that'd be awesome. I know these things can change fairly quickly but looking at rates plotted on graphs it seems like it's usually pretty gradual.

One thing that is clear is this: if the current trajectory continues then it will only get worse for me from this point. I just don't know if that's what will happen or not.
Enthusiast of springs which buckle noisily: my keyboards
Want to learn about the Kishsaver?
kishy.ca

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
Re: Any Forex/US-Canadian currency experts?
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 July 2020, 20:01:33 »

can advise .... what the next couple months might bring

Please contact me, too, at your earliest convenience. You will be a millionaire soon.

"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline colemanBro

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 16:01:25 »
You forgot to include the exuberant expensive shipping from the USA to Canada. Adding to the extra $ 11 you pay for each hundred spent, it's a fortune to buy something from the USA. Moreover, I don't think a Forex or currency expert can predict the market in this case, it's too volatile. I trade a lot on Investous forex, but sometimes I have no clue what will be further, so I just rely on my intuition. Again, shipping is the major issue I see here, so the best option for you is to find a provider in Canada.
« Last Edit: Fri, 28 August 2020, 13:44:52 by colemanBro »

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 17:32:44 »

exuberant expensive shipping from the USA

All outbound international postage from the US is obscenely inflated. Only slightly less so for Canada and Mexico.
"The Trump campaign announced in a letter that Republican candidates and committees are now expected to pay “a minimum of 5% of all fundraising solicitations to Trump National Committee JFC” for using his “name, image, and likeness in fundraising solicitations.”
“Any split that is higher than 5%,” the letter states, “will be seen favorably by the RNC and President Trump's campaign and is routinely reported to the highest levels of leadership within both organizations.”"

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • she/her/they/them/any except he him
    • My Roblox Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 21:17:18 »
You forgot to include the exuberant expensive shipping from the USA to Canada. Adding to the extra $ 11 you pay for each hundred spent, it's a fortune to buy something from the USA

This is why i can't get hotswap in canada

Offline Leslieann

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 27 August 2020, 21:53:33 »
If you can predict that you'd make bank, however in this case, importing anything high value, much less heavy is always lose-lose.

Even if you save $40, you're going to lose most if not all of that on shipping and customs.
Novelkeys NK65AE w/62g Zilents/39g springs
More
62g Zilents/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, pic
| Filco MJ2 L.E. Vortex Case, Jailhouse Blues, heavily customized
More
Vortex case squared up/blasted finish removed/custom feet/paint/winkey blockoff plate, HID Liberator, stainless steel universal plate, 3d printed adapters, Type C, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, foam sound dampened, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps (o-ringed), Cherry Jailhouse Blues w/lubed/clipped Cherry light springs, 40g actuation
| GMMK TKL
More
w/ Kailh Purple Pros/lubed/Novelkeys 39g springs, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, Netdot Gen10 Magnetic cable
| PF65 3d printed 65% w/LCD and hot swap
More
Box Jades, Interchangeable trim, mini lcd, QMK, underglow, HK Gaming Thick PBT caps, O-rings, Netdot Gen10 magnetic cable, in progress link
| Magicforce 68
More
MF68 pcb, Outemu Blues, in progress
| YMDK75 Jail Housed Gateron Blues
More
J-spacers, YMDK Thick PBT, O-rings, SIP sockets
| KBT Race S L.E.
More
Ergo Clears, custom WASD caps
| Das Pro
More
Costar model with browns
| GH60
More
Cherry Blacks, custom 3d printed case
| Logitech Illumininated | IBM Model M (x2)
Definitive Omron Guide. | 3d printed Keyboard FAQ/Discussion

Offline ASTER01

« Reply #6 on: Tue, 20 October 2020, 02:08:08 »

exuberant expensive shipping from the USA

All outbound international postage from the US is obscenely inflated. Only slightly less so for Canada and Mexico.
Can you explain to me better how it works? Because I found a site fbs registration  were is explained how to make the first steps, but for me, the information explained there is not sufficient and I need a man who has started, and can explain to me how it works. We will connect on a platform like zoom, skype, or google meeting and will start the lesson. For those who are not lazy, I will pay money for it. Please Guys help me! I need advice. I understand that trading is a professional secret but help me only to start. I know that are very many articles and forums that are talking about trading but they are non-efficient.
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 October 2020, 03:33:58 by ASTER01 »