geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[GB] cw80/60 by cruel world (70% SHIPPED)

<< < (27/32) > >>

alspdx:
I was holding out hope but I think it’s safe to say we can add CW to the growing list of disappointments in the hobby. At this point i’m honestly considering grinding the hole open with a Dremel. It won’t show on the outside, might make the keyboard actually usable.

tactilesbad:

--- Quote from: alspdx on Sun, 03 December 2023, 17:09:20 ---I was holding out hope but I think it’s safe to say we can add CW to the growing list of disappointments in the hobby. At this point i’m honestly considering grinding the hole open with a Dremel. It won’t show on the outside, might make the keyboard actually usable.

--- End quote ---

desolder the JST connector on the pcb and solder the JST wires directly on the pcb, at least you won't ruin the board.

Mod edit: Removed speculation

Dewstem:

--- Quote from: tactilesbad on Wed, 06 December 2023, 05:49:14 ---
--- Quote from: alspdx on Sun, 03 December 2023, 17:09:20 ---I was holding out hope but I think it’s safe to say we can add CW to the growing list of disappointments in the hobby. At this point i’m honestly considering grinding the hole open with a Dremel. It won’t show on the outside, might make the keyboard actually usable.

--- End quote ---

desolder the JST connector on the pcb and solder the JST wires directly on the pcb, at least you won't ruin the board.

Mod edit: Removed speculation

--- End quote ---

What was the speculation?

honoka:
Where else would you like us to share thoughts, concerns, questions and speculation?
The official discord server is dead.
This thread is the only other option for us to communicate.

If you, the mods, are putting in the effort of silencing fair criticism, I would ask you to try to get in contact with the runner and request an update.

Honestly, you can't just go in and edit people's posts while completely ignoring the real issue. I have been a member for a long time and I have never been so displeased with the platform as I am right now. At no point in time has this thread gone out of control.

Do not censor us. If you are above the community, I'm leaving.

Rhienfo:
I'd also want to know why it was removed for mod speculation, tried check wayback machine but it only goes back to july this year.

--- Quote from: honoka on Fri, 08 December 2023, 15:30:07 ---If you, the mods, are putting in the effort of silencing fair criticism, I would ask you to try to get in contact with the runner and request an update.

--- End quote ---

To be fair to the mods if the runner has ghosted in a lot of places then they probably won't respond to the mods dms as well. There is not a lot people can do if someone is avoiding responsibility for their mistakes like this (or at least that's how it feels, due to the absolute lack of communication)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version