geekhack Community > Other Geeky Stuff

Will Elon Musk make Twitter more chaotic than it is already ?

<< < (19/20) > >>

Rhienfo:
I had quit twitter a while before Elon Musk bought it. Too toxic for my mental health. But new twitter would've definitely made quit because it's just filled with far right losers who are just openly racist, homophobic, transphobic all the time. It is funny to make fun of these people but I think their hate speech outweighs what I get out of making fun of these platforms.

People probably still care about twitter, it's still is one of the most popular platforms for news and journalism, and a lot of foreign markets really like twitter like Japan for example. Just not as much since the platform is infested by the worst people, at least in the english speaking areas of the platform.

fohat.digs:

--- Quote from: Rhienfo on Sat, 28 October 2023, 03:57:48 ---
one of the most popular platforms for news and journalism

--- End quote ---

This has always been my mental block.
I cannot even IMAGINE going to "social media" for ANY form of reliable information!

Rhienfo:

--- Quote from: fohat.digs on Sat, 28 October 2023, 09:15:16 ---This has always been my mental block.
I cannot even IMAGINE going to "social media" for ANY form of reliable information!

--- End quote ---

Twitter was really good for getting immediate info, since journalists can just post their news without going through editorial or higher ups first. That's why it was a lot better than other platforms for news.

The one good thing that new twitter has done was community notes, which was basically an independent fact checking tool, which actually made misinformation pretty obvious. To the platforms determent, as people started to community notes advertisements like uber which was really funny. Which is why they started doing ads that cannot be blocked or reported (and also illegally not displaying that it is an ad on top of that)

mohawk1367:
i honestly feel like its worse than 4chan by far at this point. 4chan has SOME moderation but this new X has literally none. illegal content is rampant, bots are everywhere you look, its an absolute ****show.

Surefoot:

--- Quote from: mohawk1367 on Mon, 06 November 2023, 07:01:25 ---i honestly feel like its worse than 4chan by far at this point. 4chan has SOME moderation but this new X has literally none. illegal content is rampant, bots are everywhere you look, its an absolute ****show.

--- End quote ---
It's like a slow motion car crash pile up. In a way it's fascinating as a projector on the worst tendencies of humanity, but also something we'd like to avoid seeing at all. William Gibson was so right in so many ways. So was Adam Curtis, more recently...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version