geekhack Marketplace > Group Buys and Preorders

[Interest Check] Metal vivanco plate

(1/3) > >>

False_Dmitry_II:
I really have no idea how many people have got these, but I thought I'd ask. I've got mine in pieces right now because I'm in the middle of switching from the XM simplified alps it comes with to complicated cream alps; and wanted to see how hard it would be to have it made as metal. So this is the answer I got, and if enough people want one I'll go through with the order. Edit: I forgot to mention, but the entire reason this thread is here is that it uses a plastic plate to start with.

1pc 1/16” Aluminum = $175 lot charge : No finish
2pcs 1/16” Aluminum = $112.5/ea : No finish
5pcs 1/16” Aluminum = $65/ea : No finish
10pcs 1/16” Aluminum = $ 48.36/ea  : No finish  

1pc  1/16” Steel  = $125 lot charge : No finish  
2pcs 1/16” Steel  = $95/ea : No finish
5pcs 1/16” Steel = $47.6/ea : No finish
10pcs 1/16” Steel = $34.82/ea : No finish

dorkvader:
Clearly: Steel > Al

I've not heard of this keyboard before: I'd be interested if I had one. Are they vintage/rare?

False_Dmitry_II:
It seems to be fairly rare. I got mine from missilemike, you can find some of the threads where he sold some by searching for 'vivanco geekhack'. I couldn't find the main one where he was talking about his auctions by doing that though.

dorkvader:
Is it the same as this:
http://geekhack.org/showwiki.php?title=Island:5115

I searched vivanco, and found the model number KPT-84, which is the same as this ALPS-based 'keypot technology' board.

Hmm, depending on the possible mounting and dimensions, I might be interested to DIY-up an ALPS 'board sometime.

False_Dmitry_II:
That looks almost identical to it in terms of what the case looks like and the physical placement of the keys. Mine has only ansi legends though along with a cooler dolch color scheme. Other than that, yeah, that's pretty much it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version