Author Topic: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]  (Read 2118921 times)

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
Re: GMK DOLCH [COMPLETE]
« Reply #2300 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 07:24:39 »
I have decided to use my Nerd60 with no plate. I want to have full flexibility to change, or replace tops or even switches at any time. Also, a keyboard with no plate weights less, I know this is not a popular opinion, but I want to take my favorite keyboard with me when I travel, and any weight saving is welcome when you are carry your bags.

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2301 on: Tue, 21 April 2015, 08:34:34 »
I have decided to use my Nerd60 with no plate. I want to have full flexibility to change, or replace tops or even switches at any time. Also, a keyboard with no plate weights less, I know this is not a popular opinion, but I want to take my favorite keyboard with me when I travel, and any weight saving is welcome when you are carry your bags.
To be honest I understand you, this is my only plate mounted board. I wanted to see what all this plate madness is all about. I like more plateless boards, all my other 60% are PCB mount and I can't say that I feel any flex or stuff like that. If the PCB is the right thickness and good quality there is no need for a plate. Cherry made almost all their boards plateless and those boards are a pleasure to type on.
I wouldn't build another board with a plate, as they say "don't need that aggravation"
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline ideus

• * Exalted Elder
  • Björkö.
« Reply #2302 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 07:16:32 »
To be honest I understand you, this is my only plate mounted board. I wanted to see what all this plate madness is all about. I like more plateless boards, all my other 60% are PCB mount and I can't say that I feel any flex or stuff like that. If the PCB is the right thickness and good quality there is no need for a plate. Cherry made almost all their boards plateless and those boards are a pleasure to type on.
I wouldn't build another board with a plate, as they say "don't need that aggravation"

I cannot agree more. My old Poker X, that is plate-less, is a pleasure to type on; even, when its PCB is in the thin side. I just added it with some support with a custom made keyboard case and it feels wonderful.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #2303 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 07:44:26 »

I cannot agree more. My old Poker X, that is plate-less, is a pleasure to type on; even, when its PCB is in the thin side. I just added it with some support with a custom made keyboard case and it feels wonderful.

I <3 plates, plates are sexy :P

Edit, managed to write inside the quotes

Offline DanielT

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2304 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 08:45:50 »

I <3 plates, plates are sexy :P

I can live without that sexyness  :p
For me PCB mounted boards feel softer, and together with light linear switches are the perfect combo.
Semnătura lu’ pește prăjit ....

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #2305 on: Wed, 22 April 2015, 10:42:29 »
Since this is complete, and everything is shipped... and there has been ample time for any issues to be addressed... I am closing this up.