Author Topic: Bug Reports  (Read 579861 times)

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
Re: Bug Reports
« Reply #900 on: Sat, 26 March 2016, 19:05:42 »
posts aren't showing up in threads (geekhack mumble thread for example) but they're in the user's post history
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #901 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 15:16:21 »
When I click the "take me to the most recent unread post" button, it takes me to the last message I read plus 5 or so posts more.  I have to always scroll up a few posts or I'll miss them.  Does this happen to anyone else?  :confused:  Happens in both web browser and Tapatalk.  :|

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #902 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 15:20:29 »
When I click the "take me to the most recent unread post" button, it takes me to the last message I read plus 5 or so posts more.  I have to always scroll up a few posts or I'll miss them.  Does this happen to anyone else?  :confused:  Happens in both web browser and Tapatalk.  :|

I've definitely noticed this in tapatalk, haven't been using a web browser much the last few days.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #903 on: Tue, 29 March 2016, 20:39:27 »

It seemed fine yesterday.

Just then, about 1 minute ago, I opened a couple of threads, and one of them showed this phenomenon.

I thought I was going mad as everyone was quoting a video I hadn't seen, so I scrolled up to find the original video.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #904 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:28:36 »
When I update my forum profile, it says "session authentication failed. Please log out and back in again"

If I press back at the bottom then save it again, it goes away and updates my profile.

IE11 on Win 8.1 if that helps.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #905 on: Tue, 05 April 2016, 22:33:09 »
Not sure if it is just me or what but Tapatalk notifications haven't worked in a few days.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #906 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 01:45:35 »
something seems to be wrong with the mods O.o

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #907 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 09:20:25 »

What seems to be the problem, sir?

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #908 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:23:09 »

God damn it call me sir one more time and you're getting roundhouse kicked to commieland

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #909 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:23:40 »
That's not a threat other uptight mods. Only a joke.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #910 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:28:52 »

God damn it call me sir one more time and you're getting roundhouse kicked to commieland

My apologies, madam.  Won't happen again.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #911 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 13:07:57 »

My apologies, madam.  Won't happen again.

1v1 me scrub. Alt names only.

Offline Computer-Lab in Basement

• The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #912 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 13:20:22 »
Not sure what happened, but in this thread, I posted at 11:19:03 this morning. I see the post as showing up in my profile, but not showing up in the thread. It should be between this post and the previous post.

Any ideas? Did I offend the flipsters and get moderated? Or is it because hipster and flipster rhyme with ripster?

EDIT: investigated it myself and found that my post reappeared after switching from 50 posts per page to 25 posts. I'd say there's something wonky going on, either isolated to that thread or to the 50 posts per page configuration.

And what's even weirder, when on 50 posts per page the 99th post (last on page 2) was dunglefinker, but when on 25 the 99th post was mine (last post on page 4).

what is going on here? DOES THAT POST EXIST? DO I EXIST???
« Last Edit: Thu, 12 May 2016, 13:49:08 by Computer-Lab in Basement »
tp thread is tp thread
Sometimes it's like he accidentally makes a thread instead of a google search.

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #913 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 15:37:40 »
Your theme is **** CLiB

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #914 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 16:08:35 »
Your theme is **** CLiB

Unfortunately theme does not affect this issue, I tested all of them.

And at least I'm not using Oranje.
tp thread is tp thread

IBM Model M SSK | IBM Model F XT | IBM Model F 122 | IBM Model M 122 | Ducky YOTD 2012 w/ blue switches | Poker II w/ Blue switches | Royal Kludge RK61 w/ Blue switches

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #915 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 16:37:26 »
Not sure what happened, but in this thread, I posted at 11:19:03 this morning. I see the post as showing up in my profile, but not showing up in the thread. It should be between this post and the previous post.

Show Image

Any ideas? Did I offend the flipsters and get moderated? Or is it because hipster and flipster rhyme with ripster?

EDIT: investigated it myself and found that my post reappeared after switching from 50 posts per page to 25 posts. I'd say there's something wonky going on, either isolated to that thread or to the 50 posts per page configuration.

And what's even weirder, when on 50 posts per page the 99th post (last on page 2) was dunglefinker, but when on 25 the 99th post was mine (last post on page 4).

I can't see it either on 50 posts/page. I'll bring it up to people with access to the backend, perhaps they can tell what's going on.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

• * Elevated Elder
  • Live long and prosper
« Reply #916 on: Thu, 12 May 2016, 18:18:16 »

Show Image

I can't see it either on 50 posts/page. I'll bring it up to people with access to the backend, perhaps they can tell what's going on.

thanks user 18, it's much appreciated.

if you or any of the admins need more info i'll gladly provide it
tp thread is tp thread

Offline Eugene45

« Reply #917 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 06:47:21 »
Hello, i'am using the Spy section, but it seems to have a little problem :

When you look at the post list, you click on the left, go to the new post, well 2/3 of the time you are not going to the last post, seems realy random, one time its first post, first page, one other time it take a random page. Realy weird

lmao, cut the French some slack, they gave you a big statue

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #918 on: Sat, 21 May 2016, 10:13:35 »

When you look at the post list, you click on the left, go to the new post, well 2/3 of the time you are not going to the last post, seems realy random, one time its first post, first page, one other time it take a random page. Realy weird

I believe the intended behaviour of that option is to take you to the last post in that thread you have not read. Does that match with what you've been seeing?
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #919 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 08:34:13 »

I believe the intended behaviour of that option is to take you to the last post in that thread you have not read.

That is correct.

Unfortunately, there is a bug where it skips a few posts most times.  :'(

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #920 on: Mon, 23 May 2016, 21:57:09 »

I believe the intended behaviour of that option is to take you to the last post in that thread you have not read.

That is correct.

Unfortunately, there is a bug where it skips a few posts most times.  :'(

And the sad thing about that is that you don't know a couple of posts have been skipped, unless you happen to see a reply to another post that you don't remember reading.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Data789

« Reply #921 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 18:36:26 »
Hi Moderator,

Sorry for the super late reply, but I am still getting notified of new messages. I have definitely unsubscribed from everything that is visible to me.

The "Welcome to BroCaps" link you provided says:
"An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

I am not sure how I could have subscribed to that if I can't see or access it. Can you fix this for me?

Cheers!

Weekly Notifications

I still seem to be receiving notifications when I am not subscribed to anything. Can an admin fix this? I have removed everything and there is nothing to 'unnotify'. But every so often I get an e-mail in from geekhack which says '

Below is a summary of all activity in your subscribed boards and topics at geekhack this week. To unsubscribe please visit the link below.
https://geekhack.org/index.php?action=profile;area=notification;u=xxxxx

Regards,
The geekhack Team.

Looking at your profile, I see that you are still subscribed to Welcome to Bro Caps™.  Are you certain you've unsubscribed from all threads?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #922 on: Mon, 22 August 2016, 23:06:52 »
Hi Moderator,

Sorry for the super late reply, but I am still getting notified of new messages. I have definitely unsubscribed from everything that is visible to me.

The "Welcome to BroCaps" link you provided says:
"An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you."

I am not sure how I could have subscribed to that if I can't see or access it. Can you fix this for me?

Cheers!

Hmm, that's peculiar (but may be the source of the issue).  I've just now removed that thread from your notifications, so at this point you are not subscribed to any threads for notifications.  I wonder if the Bro Caps thread was triggering the system to send you a weekly update, despite there not actually being any new content since it's archived?  Do let me know if you continue to receive this weekly summary.

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #923 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 20:43:33 »
dear administator:

I used VPN at home once and the forum blocked the IP address of my home.
the system said VPS is not allow and the blockade is not to expire.

I don't attempt to do some hacking behavior, I just want to speed up my internet,
as you know, I'm in China and some webpages are blocked, so I have to use VPN.

How can I get rid of this blockade?
I even can't find a administator for help.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #924 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 22:56:27 »
dear administator:

I don't attempt to do some hacking behavior, I just want to speed up my internet,

Some VPNs are automatically blocked because we've had issues with people using them to circumvent bans in the past. If you're still getting the message that you're blocked while not using VPN, try clearing the cookies in your web browser. More information is available here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57803.0

Offline hoq

• wolfmark.work
« Reply #925 on: Wed, 09 November 2016, 22:59:44 »
dear administator:

Some VPNs are automatically blocked because we've had issues with people using them to circumvent bans in the past. If you're still getting the message that you're blocked while not using VPN, try clearing the cookies in your web browser. More information is available here: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=57803.0

Thanks! I will have a try!

Offline SmithTheNinja

« Reply #926 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 18:12:28 »
Chrome says your SSL certificate  expired :(

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #927 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 18:21:14 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #928 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 18:35:29 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK

+1  For realz
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #929 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 19:14:36 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK

ya geekhack, stop triggering me

this is my safe space

Offline fanpeople

« Reply #930 on: Fri, 11 November 2016, 19:18:45 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK

Sort you **** out, I am having Déjà vu

Offline Coreda

« Reply #931 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 20:29:11 »
Site has been off/on since yesterday or so. Seems like something with the cert. Currently the stylesheet isn't loading but at least the site's back.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
« Reply #932 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 20:49:48 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK
With this attitude, feel free to move on.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #933 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 20:53:51 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #934 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 21:56:17 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK

*TacticalStache likes this*
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #935 on: Sat, 12 November 2016, 22:07:15 »
SSL cert and CSS appears to be fixed now, please post if you are experiencing any further issues.

Offline Coreda

« Reply #936 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 01:30:23 »
SSL cert and CSS appears to be fixed now, please post if you are experiencing any further issues.

Appreciated :thumb:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #937 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 13:53:36 »
Right now was the first time today I was able to get through on my phone using Chrome.

Offline xondat

• i'm not a star
  • * Maker
« Reply #938 on: Sun, 13 November 2016, 14:16:03 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK
I apologise, it was meant to be satire. I've donated $25 to help pay for some costs - it's about time I do anyway.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #939 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 01:43:22 »
FIX YOUR **** GEEKHACK
I apologise, it was meant to be satire. I've donated $25 to help pay for some costs - it's about time I do anyway.

Good response, that man!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #940 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 01:44:18 »
Also "remember me forever" doesn't.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #941 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 13:47:18 »
Just reporting in that I still get a certificate failure when I try to log in through my phone using Chrome beta.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #942 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 14:03:24 »

I experience a 'bug' where I get logged out everywhere if I use the logout button in one place (not sure if this is intended behaviour or not). Could that be the explanation?

Just reporting in that I still get a certificate failure when I try to log in through my phone using Chrome beta.

Have you tried clearing cache, etc.? If that doesn't do it, I'm not certain what would.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #943 on: Sun, 20 November 2016, 15:54:40 »
I had to log back in after the cert expiration but I think the login stuck after that.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #944 on: Sun, 27 November 2016, 19:48:45 »
I had to log back in after the cert expiration but I think the login stuck after that.

Happened again since my last login.  I think.  Or maybe it was a different computer - I'd have to double-check that.

Offline zslane

« Reply #945 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 19:39:16 »
Are [img] links in signatures disabled now?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #946 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 20:08:21 »
Are [img] links in signatures disabled now?

Just turn signatures off and you won't be bother by all that nonsense :p

Offline zslane

« Reply #947 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 20:25:28 »
Um, okay, but ultimately I'm wondering how to fix the broken link in my signature. The image file it points to exists and can be viewed in any browser, so I'm curious to know why it appears as a broken link in my signature.

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #948 on: Tue, 06 December 2016, 23:41:28 »
GH counts my own posts as new posts. Has for a while. Wasn't really bugging me until right now.

Carries over to several platforms.
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline zslane

« Reply #949 on: Thu, 08 December 2016, 17:47:04 »
So it looks like [img] links are broken period. At least they are if they point to images on my personal website. Is this a problem on GH's end, or a problem with my host provider refusing to serve the image for some reason? This is a new phenomenon, btw.

Can someone at GH help with this?