Author Topic: [IC] AM RGB 65 | 65% with custom RGB panel  (Read 89 times)

Offline Crazy Designers

[IC] AM RGB 65 | 65% with custom RGB panel
« on: Wed, 22 May 2024, 05:01:24 »
AM RGB 65 by Angry Miao

IC Form | Discord | Instagram

308037-0

Hey there! I'm so excited to share the design of the AM RGB 65 with you all. This is a 65% layout keyboard that was inspired by the classic Game Boy, and we first unveiled it back in 2021.

Over the past three years, I have to admit that there were times when I almost gave up on this project. But your encouragement and support kept me going. I ended up modifying the design numerous times, and there were even points where I redid the entire thing from scratch. But you know what they say - sometimes you have to keep tweaking and refining, but in the end, you just can't beat the original concept.

After all the long hours spent developing the structure, making demo boards, adjusting the colors, debugging the hardware, and working through all the other nitty-gritty details, the AM RGB 65 is finally ready! This has been a real labor of love, and I'm so proud to be able to share it with the community. I hope you all love it as much as I do!

IC form: https://forms.gle/j2nbQqezDLSBVL3U7

Specifications

Layout: 65%
Typing Angle:
CMF: CNC aluminum
Mount: Adjustable Leaf Spring Mount
Plate: FR4 plate
LEDs: LED panel with 200 LED beads, in-switch RGB
PCB: 1.2mm hot-swap with in-switch LEDs and cutouts. Supports real-time keymapping through AM Master.
Connectivity: Tri-Mode 2.4G wireless, Bluetooth and wired (USB Type-C)
Remapping: All keys support remapping and assigning multimedia keys (except the Fn+Esc power on combo). Up to 7 layers are supported. Real-time keymapping supported in AM Master.
Battery: Lithium polymer 10000mAh, supports Qi wireless charging

Images

308039-1

308041-2

308055-3

308045-4

308047-5

308049-6

308051-7

Inspiration

308053-8

The AM RGB 80 takes its inspiration from Nintendo's Game Boy from the 1980s. We extracted its classic elements, such as its asymmetrical rounded corner design, integrated screen, and speaker grille. By using a large LED panel and applying CNC machining, we integrated these classic elements into a piece of modern technology. I'm incredibly proud of how we were able to pay homage to that beloved handheld while pushing the boundaries of what's possible.

Features

Design
  • Three unique colorways (Cloud White / Cyber Gray / Violet Fury).
  • Design inspired by the Nintendo Game Boy.
  • Custom LED panel compatible with CYBERBOARD LED effects.
  • Replaceable antenna panel inlays in pixel art-style.

Typing
  • Adjustable leaf spring mount for an adjustable typing feel (harder or softer).
  • Keyboard internals optimized for an excellent typing feel with thocky sound profile.
  • 8° typing angle for comfortable typing with our without wrist rest.

Performance
  • Tri-Mode connectivity, supports 2.4G, Bluetooth and wired (USB Type-C).
  • Qi wireless charging, works great in combination with CYBERMAT.
  • Real-time keymapping through AM Master.

Please let us know what you think through the IC form: https://forms.gle/j2nbQqezDLSBVL3U7
« Last Edit: Wed, 22 May 2024, 05:22:22 by Crazy Designers »
Future Art Community.