Author Topic: [GB] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Less than 5 days Left! Ends on September 15」  (Read 62863 times)

Offline surplusofchairs

Re: [GB] GMK Shoko 2nd Style「Less than 5 days Left! Ends on September 15」
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 02:38:09 »
yuru ran after this and is shipping. this is a r2 so no colour matching needed I assume? ne updates? :)

Offline scoopbb

« Reply #51 on: Sat, 04 December 2021, 17:02:41 »
we got kono'd. are you surprised? lol

Offline Tyson

« Reply #52 on: Sun, 05 December 2021, 17:07:50 »
yuru ran after this and is shipping. this is a r2 so no colour matching needed I assume? ne updates? :)

It probably is delayed due to the resin shortage. A lot of GMK sets are shipping when the resin arrives, regardless of order in the queue it seems.

Offline EngineerMan

« Reply #53 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 02:07:56 »
Any updates?

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #54 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 04:53:31 »
Any updates?
According to Kono, it's in transit and will be shipped when it arrives.

Offline IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES

« Reply #55 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 17:57:43 »
https://kono.store/pages/weekly-update

This has an update from months ago. EU folks haven’t shown their sets. Where did it mention it was shipping?

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 17 January 2022, 21:04:39 »
Jae updated their server that it had shipped EDIT: and for them, arrived

You know what’s cool? Updating geekhack.
« Last Edit: Mon, 17 January 2022, 21:19:25 by IOVERCALLHISTIOCYTES »

Offline NOLA

« Reply #57 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 09:58:33 »
Hold up. I just saw a set posted for sale on MM. Wonder which vendor received and shipped to customers already. C'mon Kono. Damn US vendors seem like the last to get keeb **** now with snail shipping issues.

Offline NoteMakoti

• for sale, baby shoes, never worn
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 21 January 2022, 11:54:35 »
Hold up. I just saw a set posted for sale on MM. Wonder which vendor received and shipped to customers already. C'mon Kono. Damn US vendors seem like the last to get keeb **** now with snail shipping issues.
Yeah, I saw someone with it on Discord. At least we know it's out in the wild.

Offline Vadurr

• Valar Morghulis
« Reply #59 on: Tue, 25 January 2022, 22:10:21 »
If anyone would like to part ways with their order, pls lemme know  :thumb:

Offline EngineerMan

« Reply #60 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 15:29:40 »
Why is it that shoko is already selling for $300+ base kit? Where the heck is that giant load of stock that was purchased near the end of the group buy.

Offline nathanoffosu

« Reply #61 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 16:12:21 »
Why is it that shoko is already selling for $300+ base kit? Where the heck is that giant load of stock that was purchased near the end of the group buy.
i believe kono is in transit. eta "early march"

Offline HungerMechanic

« Reply #62 on: Tue, 15 February 2022, 17:01:34 »
I already received Shoko R2. It has gone to customers in Canada.

There are extras planned for sale at Deskhero on Friday.

Offline heyimpanda

« Reply #63 on: Thu, 17 February 2022, 17:57:48 »
looks like kono bumped the ETA to late march

pain

Offline mr_foggy

• land of the worst vendor(s)
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 05:57:48 »
looks like kono bumped the ETA to late march

pain
which makes little sense since canada already have theirs

Offline EngineerMan

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 14:24:22 »
I bet they are waiting for the after market to pop harder, so they can up their extra prices. Guaranteed they'll only put a few out as well, so it sells out quick despite higher price. Then slowly put stock in and out. Dam it, I should have just ordered from daily clack and eat the shipping fee.
« Last Edit: Fri, 18 February 2022, 14:26:42 by EngineerMan »

Offline 1017BirckenThot

« Reply #66 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 14:28:26 »
I bet they are waiting for the after market to pop harder, so they can up their extra prices. Guaranteed they'll only put a few out as well, so it sells out quick despite higher price. Then slowly put stock in and out. Dam it, I should have just ordered from daily clack and eat the shipping fee.

I dislike Kono as a vendor as much as any other person on Geekhack, but when have they ever done this?

Offline EngineerMan

« Reply #67 on: Fri, 18 February 2022, 16:20:12 »

I dislike Kono as a vendor as much as any other person on Geekhack, but when have they ever done this?
I said I bet, not that they already do or have done it. We shall see.

Offline delv

« Reply #68 on: Tue, 22 February 2022, 18:52:28 »
I just my set in, and the funny thing is there's two F7 keys and no F5 key

« Reply #69 on: Tue, 22 February 2022, 19:01:32 »

How much would you like to wager?

Offline EngineerMan

« Reply #70 on: Thu, 24 February 2022, 10:07:49 »

How much would you like to wager?
How much you got?

Offline EngineerMan

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 21:19:09 »
Got dam, what is taking so long.  I swear, once I get this keycap, I'm GTFO this hobby!!!

« Reply #72 on: Sun, 27 February 2022, 22:22:17 »
We’re def getting up there on port and customs wait

Maybe March

Offline mr_foggy

« Reply #73 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 09:33:07 »
stupid move for me to have bought extras from kono. first and last time ever. whole world got their sets in, should have known better and waited for other vendors to release their extras.

Offline kiyoboard

• https://www.youtube.com/kiyoboard
« Reply #74 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 11:04:24 »
stupid move for me to have bought extras from kono. first and last time ever. whole world got their sets in, should have known better and waited for other vendors to release their extras.

I don't get the hate toward Kono, especially without having any knowledge. I agree that they should communicate better(which you could say about most of the vendors to be honest), but if the packages are stuck at shipment or at some port, what do you expect Kono to do? Also just to be clear, I am waiting my package from Kono.

Offline AlphaPeon

« Reply #75 on: Mon, 28 February 2022, 13:01:12 »
DailyClack has their Shoko extras up for anyone that's interested.

Offline Ranker2

Kono charges the highest pre order/extras prices and on top of that they ship via boat instead of air like the other vendors.  That's why their products take so much longer to deliver than other vendors.

Offline mr_foggy

I don't get the hate toward Kono, especially without having any knowledge. I agree that they should communicate better(which you could say about most of the vendors to be honest), but if the packages are stuck at shipment or at some port, what do you expect Kono to do? Also just to be clear, I am waiting my package from Kono.
you got your answer in the comment just above mine.

Offline kiyoboard

you got your answer in the comment just above mine.

If that answer is correct, then yeah, they should definitely get in line with what others are doing. That said, I feel like it might a little bit of community bias. For example regarding to prices, GMK Fuyu extras were $180 on Kono and GMK Nuclear Data extras were $185 on Omnitype, and GMK Nuclear Data has less keys. And I see similar pricing for GMK Prepress and GMK Ursa. Again, similarly NK sells all their extras for $185.
Also I am fairly sure I read port related stuff in other vendors' updates, but can't remember if it is regarding to keyboards or keycaps. From a quick check of the updates I can't find any mention to ports but also I am not finding any mention to air ship either. So, can't confirm either way, but that post doesn't provide any proofs either.

Edit: I just realized that I heard about ports on vendor discords. So if you go Omnitype or Cannonkeys discord and search for "port" you can see that they also seem to be using boats. Omnitype seem to get theirs to Savannah port and Cannonkeys to LA port.
« Last Edit: Tue, 01 March 2022, 10:35:18 by kiyoboard »

Offline heyimpanda

oof and now kono updated arrival to them to mid april

:')))))

If that answer is correct, then yeah, they should definitely get in line with what others are doing. That said, I feel like it might a little bit of community bias. For example regarding to prices, GMK Fuyu extras were $180 on Kono and GMK Nuclear Data extras were $185 on Omnitype, and GMK Nuclear Data has less keys. And I see similar pricing for GMK Prepress and GMK Ursa. Again, similarly NK sells all their extras for $185.

also recently kono has been doing some egregious extras pricing, from my memory they sold some Firefly leftovers for $200+ for base, and most recently GMK Yugo (which is a TKL kit too!) for $220. I don't want to get too off topic though

Offline 1017BirckenThot

also recently kono has been doing some egregious extras pricing, from my memory they sold some Firefly leftovers for $200+ for base, and most recently GMK Yugo (which is a TKL kit too!) for $220. I don't want to get too off topic though

They are planning on selling their GMK Ishtar extras for $220 as well. Sounds like they have upped their extra pricing for GMK across the board. I would expect them to sell Shoko extras for the same increased priced.
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 March 2022, 15:59:56 by 1017BirckenThot »

Offline EngineerMan

RIP. I hate being right

Offline mr_foggy

anyone knows if Kono has some sort of Discord server they can be reached at?
they're selling Shoko extras already, before even shipping my legit order placed in preorder phase last year.
and not answering my tickets, obviously.

Offline sinthesis

Made an account to respond...I've received my shipping info from Kono and it appears some people in r/mk had received their shipment (though not sure if from Kono).

Have you checked junk email, etc? Or made sure you were in the right email (if you have multiple)?

Offline Lotsati

they're selling Shoko extras already, before even shipping my legit order placed in preorder phase last year.

Currently in the same boat. Not yet shipped out for me and ordered mine during the preorder phase a year + ago.

Offline prelude46

Currently in the same boat. Not yet shipped out for me and ordered mine during the preorder phase a year + ago.

That is insane. I ordered Shoko R2 extras from DailyClack a couple weeks ago and just received it on Friday... Definitely reach out to Kono somehow. I've never ordered from them before but I've heard fulfillment usually takes forever.

Offline sinthesis

Just to give a datapoint I guess; I pre-ordered mine from Kono 08/2020. I've received shipment update last week and they were delivered yesterday.
« Last Edit: Tue, 26 April 2022, 22:40:03 by sinthesis »

Offline mr_foggy

turns out they shipped my set without notifying me or updating the order status at all.
I received a text from UPS yesterday stating I had to pay import taxes for an incoming shipment from "ASSEMBLY". base kit showed up today.
hope y'all get your set asap, it's a beauty.

Offline Lotsati

Just emailed support recently and they confirmed they are in fact, still working on shipping Shoko sets out. I have also received a shipment from Kono before with no email warning at all as well.

Offline kspark324

Seems like a number of people have gotten warped spacebars (at least in the sets from Kono). Is there going to be any coordinated process to deal with this or does everyone need to deal with it on their own?