Author Topic: (IC) GMK Trash Friends - GB is Canceled... for now.  (Read 42102 times)

Offline Mechalomania

Re: (IC) GMK Trash Friends - GB is Canceled... for now.
« Reply #100 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 09:38:29 »
That news is a major bummer! I was definitely going to grab a full set.

In any case, I will be ready to grab a set whenever you decide it's the right time to release it. Take care!

Offline kukkurovaca

« Reply #101 on: Fri, 17 December 2021, 13:07:24 »
Hey everyone! GB is being canceled - Current details are in the update. I plan on continuing the project in the future so feel free to continue sending feedback :)
Thank you to everyone for their support! Have a great rest of the year <3

Oh noooo. I was planning to join later this month for budgetary reasons. 😭

Offline tlkscarghost

« Reply #102 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 11:10:28 »
That's unfortunate to hear! I hope you decide to keep the keyset GMK since I generally like GMK keycaps' sound profiles. I am looking forward to the resurrection and I will definitely be ready to join the GB again when it happens!

Offline Butterbeer

« Reply #103 on: Thu, 23 December 2021, 17:13:46 »
Two years ago GMK Sparta had similar problems during the Group Buy.

My suggestions for re-running the set:

- Give advanced notice of the Group Buy date. 2 weeks notice is not sufficient time for people to figure out funding (even less once pricing was announced). People need time to plan ahead, especially in this hobby where there are tons of group buys going on for all sorts of related items.

- Expand Marketing efforts. Create a Discord server and social media accounts. Keep them active and growing. Engage with users who support the set. Take in feedback. Line up vendors/artists to support additional items to support the set.

- Learn from and emulate successful group buys.

- Do NOT run this set around the Holiday season again. Monies for immediate Holiday gifts are higher priority than far out group buys.

- See if you want to go with a vendor like Drop, who re-ran GMK Sparta. Or any other vendor with experience re-running sets.

Offline Trackpoint

« Reply #104 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 17:01:58 »
Hearing squirrels rooting around the trash barrels outside my window just reminded me of this set. Hope it gets a second chance someday.

Offline udller

« Reply #105 on: Fri, 08 September 2023, 21:23:37 »
this really should have had some bin chickens.