Author Topic: [IC] XDA Space  (Read 2737 times)

Offline hampton

[IC] XDA Space
« on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:23:28 »
Hello, I am back at it again.

Previously I tried a version of XDA Space but the the designs were too complex. Everything has been redesigned from the ground up and has already been approved my a manufacturer. Currently there are not any renders of the keycaps as I for the life of me cannot figure out how to use blender, if someone is willing to help I would be so grateful.

https://imgur.com/a/iPzJeCx Gallery link for all of the icons

The IC link is https://forms.gle/yeYjZ7WA79QP154a9

I look forward to your feedback
« Last Edit: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:26:42 by hampton »

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
Re: [IC] XDA Space
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:36:59 »
I like the designs, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is this a Novelties kit for a keycap set? Is it meant  to be put on a macropad or something similar? I don't feel like this is something I'd mix-and-match with other keysets.

Offline sandragm

« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 14:47:15 »
Like dklein, I'm not sure what it is that I'm looking at here. I don't see many people buying this set on its own if there isn't a corresponding base set available. Especially since it's in XDA profile, which I'm pretty sure  isn't a profile that a lot of people would have multiple sets of (such as with GMK). Just pointing out to OP that the overall plan needs to be clearer if you want to get more people behind it.

Offline hampton

« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 15:05:40 »
I like the designs, but I'm not sure what I'm looking at. Is this a Novelties kit for a keycap set? Is it meant  to be put on a macropad or something similar? I don't feel like this is something I'd mix-and-match with other keysets.
Right now I want it to be a novelties kit. I am looking into making it a full set but designing a full keyboard worth of icons seems like a task I do not think I am ready for

Like dklein, I'm not sure what it is that I'm looking at here. I don't see many people buying this set on its own if there isn't a corresponding base set available. Especially since it's in XDA profile, which I'm pretty sure  isn't a profile that a lot of people would have multiple sets of (such as with GMK). Just pointing out to OP that the overall plan needs to be clearer if you want to get more people behind it.
Do you think that if I did an OEM row 3 or 4 that it would perform better? I have already put in a lot of work and scared that it will die in vain. As mentioned above I am looking into making a base set but I do not know if I am ready to design a full keyboard set.

Offline duckadence

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 15:38:20 »

Do you think that if I did an OEM row 3 or 4 that it would perform better? I have already put in a lot of work and scared that it will die in vain. As mentioned above I am looking into making a base set but I do not know if I am ready to design a full keyboard set.

[/quote]

You should poll for which profile

Offline dededecline

• Linktree
« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 16:32:32 »

I think there's a market for OEM but it's probably not here on Geekhack. I would suggest considering maybe running as a BoW novelty add-on through GMK or ePBT perhaps.

Offline fireworm

« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 June 2020, 16:34:12 »
I think you may have a lot better options if you do this as GMK Black on White / White on Black.  All Row 1.  That is the most common kit to do 'additions' for. 

I'd try out some other designs.  Many of these are reminiscent of MT3 / GMK Godspeed.